Arts + Crafts

Dolan Geiman’s New Website

October 1, 2008

I talked about Dolan Geiman last January, but just in case you missed that post I have to sing his praises again! He just announced his new website so I thought you’d love to check it out as it’s almost as perfect as his gorgeous artwork. He also has a lovely blog that I just found today that is super inspiring. For those of you not familiar with his work, he is an American contemporary artist (with a fun southern twist) originally from the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia now based in Chicago.

Dolan Geimans New Website

Dolan works in silkscreen, painting, drawing, collage, and 3-D construction. Dolan is inspired by, “found objects, rural iconography, vernacular architecture and culture, as well as nature’s flora and fauna”, evident in all of his work that I think is just spectacular. My goal is to someday own a Geiman original as I’m sure many of you would also love to own something from him. Congrats on your new website, Dolan. It rocks!

Psst: I just LOVE this display idea – white nails – brilliant!

(images from dolan geiman)

You Might Also Like

• Reply Diana October 1, 2008 at 9:34 am

Oh, I’m so glad you featured Dolan Geiman! I’ve had my eye on his “Field Guide (Tennessee)” for a while now – I found him through Trunkt. His work is just beautiful!

Dianas last blog post: Some Reader Love

• Reply Ellas Inspiration October 1, 2008 at 11:19 am

I just have to look into this. The frontpage looks very nice…makes me curious about the inside…

Ellas Inspirations last blog post: PS……

• Reply Jackie October 1, 2008 at 1:20 pm

This guy is from my hometown! Crazy that you’ve featured him on your page. His mom is a big artist around town as well. Guess the talent runs in the family!

• Reply Frida October 1, 2008 at 1:33 pm

I really like the new website!

Fridas last blog post: Svanen Limited Edition 2008

• Reply Dolan Geiman & Ali Walsh October 1, 2008 at 1:43 pm

Hello Holly!!

Thank you for the blog mention and for all the kind things you had to say about the new website! Glad to hear you enjoy it, we always enjoy checking out decor8 and we were so pleased to find our work right there on your page this morning!

Thanks again and all best,
    Dolan & Ali,

• Reply Ratlion October 1, 2008 at 3:21 pm

Thank you for introducing me to such an inspiring artist. I’ve just been over to the website and have to say I’m hooked. Oh, and have also been lusting after the ?Field Guide (Tennessee)? box print ever since.

P.S: Love what you do here on Decor8!

Ratlions last blog post: Illustration Friday: Packed

• Reply gayla October 1, 2008 at 8:55 pm

I love everything he does! I had the opportunity to meet Dolan this weekend at a Fine Arts Fair and found him to be very personable. A nice guy and beautiful art – what a package!

• Reply Natalie Jane October 2, 2008 at 8:25 am

This site is fab! Every since I actually moved to the south, I love seeing southern inspirations.

Natalie Janes last blog post: Glitter a go-go

• Reply Nicole October 2, 2008 at 12:50 pm

What gorgeous work. I love the mixed media stuff–so many parts working together.

Nicoles last blog post: New art works for sale!

• Reply Tabitha (From Single to Married) October 3, 2008 at 4:45 pm

I love his wooden tiles – they’re so pretty! Thanks for the reminder.

Tabitha (From Single to Married)s last blog post: A Little Friday Gratitude