PIP Studio

Pip, pip, hurray! I briefly mentioned PIP Studio on Monday when I shared a fun folksy notebook I picked up from the local stationery shop. I’m so glad that I took the time to click around on the PIP website because I found a bunch of beautiful products — PIP Studio is more than paper goods that is for sure! Bold saturated patterned wallpaper in feminine florals (sold by Eijffinger), school supplies, bedding, porcelain, handbags, etc. YUM!

The lady behind PIP is Dutch product designer Catharina who has had the nickname PIP since childhood and who obviously loves red, blue, lace, and fun decorative interiors! If you live in Germany you can go to eBay.de and find tons of lovely PIP Studio things for your home (click here to see). I’m not sure where they are sold in America or elsewhere, but if you write to Catharina or sign up for her newsletter I’m sure you can find out. I’m sure it’s only a matter of time before Anthropologie picks up some PIP things…

These rooms are so playful and bright. Who wouldn’t be happy surrounded by all this pattern and color — this is definitely anti-depressive living!

(images from PIP Studio)

Posted by decor8 in bedroom, ceramics, stationery, textiles on October 01, 2008

1. Sabine commented
    October 1st, 2008 at 5:49am

PiP Studio – I’m addicted – especially to their high quality bright and beautiful bedclothes – seems, i can’t have enough of them…

Sabine

2. michelle commented
    October 1st, 2008 at 5:53am

hey! everything looks so great. i was wondering if i could shoot decor8 a question. i’m moving into a place with burgundy carpets and i’m feeling really limited on my decor ideas. do you have any? it’s so hard to work with it when the carpet is so overpowering!

3. kanika commented
    October 1st, 2008 at 6:23am

yayee for PIP studio! I hope i see them again in the january heimtex fair and snatch a free carry bag!

kanikas last blog post: sari update

4. Maryellen commented
    October 1st, 2008 at 7:34am

such funny timing on this post! I just bought my daughter a PIP studio backpack here in The Hague. I’d never heard of them before but was immediately drawn to their fun and fanciful designs. Thanks for the link.

5. [michele] commented
    October 1st, 2008 at 8:35am

Oh swoon! My husband would protest but I would LOVE to have a house done in PIP!!! Happy, happy stuff!

[michele]s last blog post: Day Twenty One

6. magikquilter commented
    October 1st, 2008 at 9:22am

Wonderfully colourful but difficult for most master bedrooms I think although I adore the cups and saucers. I get around the pretty girly type thing with quilts and things by using them as tablecloths on the patio and in the garden for afternoon teas. Those above would work for that too.

magikquilters last blog post: Daddy?s Girl by Lisa Scottoline

7. magikquilter commented
    October 1st, 2008 at 9:36am

Hi I just checked the studio out and it was wonderfully inspiring, I adore the porcelain. At the bottom of the ebay page there were some shops and online shops that sell her stuff …one is here….

although it is in German or some other language ….and I am not sure if that money sign was a pound or something else? Am so sheltered here in Australia…not fair!!!

magikquilters last blog post: Daddy?s Girl by Lisa Scottoline

8. Eme commented
    October 1st, 2008 at 9:39am

Love the Pip! I need a calendar by Pip, but don’t see any. If you know of a place to find one – please let me know!

9. beachbungalow8 commented
    October 1st, 2008 at 12:15pm

oh, i LOVE these photos. Like a big shot of “happy and joyful”

beautiful!

10. VisuaLingual commented
    October 1st, 2008 at 1:46pm

Wow, these images have completely turned this rainy day around for me! Thanks so much for posting this!

VisuaLinguals last blog post: Vine Street Coasters

11. Grace@PoeticHome commented
    October 1st, 2008 at 3:31pm

What a happy designer! I love the detailed artwork in every piece — you are totally right; it is inspired and anti-depressive living. Fun!

Grace@PoeticHomes last blog post: Reupholstery Guide: Deconstructing an Antique Chair

12. Dovely commented
    October 1st, 2008 at 4:21pm

i LOVE this color scheme! it reminds me of my old brooklyn apartment: http://www.flickr.com/photos/megmcg/sets/72157594537208023/

Dovelys last blog post: The Handmade Movement

13. MaritereCR commented
    October 1st, 2008 at 5:35pm

This is so pretty! I am loving the picture of the living room… the blues are so soothing and are complemented beautifully with the pink accents; I want the throw pillows on the couch, they are awesome!

MaritereCRs last blog post: Morning Coffee – 8 x 10 Fine Art Photographic Print

14. melissa@yummygoods commented
    October 1st, 2008 at 7:10pm

Hey, Holly!
    Thanks for the pip-tip! I’ll have to check them out.
    These look like the perfect fit for my new shop on the Cape.
    Sugar Snap ships in a couple of weeks, yay!
    Thanks again for that bit you did about it a few months ago.

melissa

melissa@yummygoodss last blog post: 262: perfection in pink with a side of duckie

15. Claudia commented
    October 2nd, 2008 at 2:31am

This is so so pretty! From today, I am a PIP fan… that sounds great!
    These PIP products look like they can brighten up your home, office, life!
    Wonderful find, please keep on brightening up our grey german autumn days!

16. PIP commented
    October 2nd, 2008 at 9:24am

Dear Petra,

Here a small message from PIP; I am truely honhoured by your kind criticts. Anthropologie is my favourit store in NY and it would be superduper if they choose my products. Also the comments on your blog are so positive; my slogan is ‘happy products for happy people’ if one of my designs do not match up to this design principle I simply cancel it.
    Currently I am working on a table top concept with table linnen and porcelain, next to that we have a bags collection in the pip(e)line.
    For this Australian lady, we will lauch our bedding collection in Australia in your springtime in the Table and Thing stores. Once again all your sweet comments give me the inspiration to keep on creating beautifull things to make life a little bit more fun.

Love and kisses
    PIP

17. Ana commented
    October 3rd, 2008 at 12:15pm

Underful things here! I wish I could have one Sewing Machine and more time maybe… I guess i’m also too lasy sometimes!

btw, congrats for your blog, i really enjoy it and i’ll keep passing by.

18. Cathy commented
    October 3rd, 2008 at 1:27pm

You have to find these chairs and tell us more about them.
    (This is not about your particular post here.)

I think they are fabulous, thought you might too.
    Cathy

19. Tabitha (From Single to Married) commented
    October 3rd, 2008 at 4:48pm

wow – lots of color – so pretty! I don’t know if I could do a whole room in it, but would like to get a few pieces to add a little color here and there.

Tabitha (From Single to Married)s last blog post: A Little Friday Gratitude

20. Jette K commented
    October 4th, 2008 at 1:51am

Oh YES this is lovely!!!
    I don’t know if you can’t get this anywhere in Denmark but then Quelle is not that far from here – relatively speaking. The language on the website is German and the currency is Euro.
    We have to redecorate our bedroom. Have an old iron bed (and a new one, the one I originally had is a single bed) which is painted black. Had thought about some serene and white decor. But not anymore I think. Don’t want all of it – probably wouldn’t be able to sleep then – but a few touches of it would be lovely, I’m sure. Time for a trip to Flensburg I recon. :-)

Jette in Denmark

21. Zauberstübchen commented
    July 13th, 2009 at 6:01am

Another shop! Have a look: http://www.zauberstuebchen.net

Trackbacks and Pingbacks