Holiday!

Hello friends! I’m taking off on Friday since it’s a holiday here in Germany, everything will be closed, so we are entertaining relatives in our new flat. That means that my little decor8 blog will be closed! But on Monday morning the door will fly open once again to welcome you with a whole new week of posts and a fun contest so I hope that if you have time you will return on Monday to visit me for another fun week!

A little inspiration for you… color & flowers! I picked these (mostly dahlias) up today at the local farmers’ market and prepared a few arrangements because I can’t entertain without fresh blooms around — it’s just not the same as I’m sure you’ll agree. Here are a few corners of my home to share and hopefully inspire you to treat yourself to some flowers over the weekend…

See you on Monday!

xo,
Holly

Posted by decor8 in lighting, shopping, textiles, uncategorized on October 02, 2008

1. Elisa commented
    October 2nd, 2008 at 7:17pm

Nice arrangements..plus you also take great pictures of them too.
    Have a great long weekend!

Elisas last blog post:

2. MaritereCR commented
    October 2nd, 2008 at 7:26pm

Holly, I love your selection of flowers and combination of colors… such lovely choices! And the arrangements are beautiful! By the way, the throw pillow on your first photograph is great, where is it from??? Have a wonderful time entertaining your friends and family! Happy weekend!
    Maritere

MaritereCRs last blog post: Houston Architecture III – 8 x 10 Fine Art Photographic Print

3. Liza commented
    October 2nd, 2008 at 8:11pm

Gorgeous. Thank you!

Lizas last blog post: You Know You Want Me

4. Nancy commented
    October 2nd, 2008 at 8:52pm

Beautiful flowers Holly, have a great holiday!

Nancys last blog post: October

5. Ben Rowe commented
    October 2nd, 2008 at 11:12pm

Enjoy the weekend Holly!

6. kelly commented
    October 3rd, 2008 at 6:00am

holly,
    the images are drool-worthy. i dig dahlia’s.
    happy weekend!

kellys last blog post: flaming red rocket….not appropiate for the weak of heart

7. cindy k commented
    October 3rd, 2008 at 8:03am

enjoy your holiday! the photos are divine!

cindy ks last blog post: tunes : estelle

8. Rita Vindedzis commented
    October 3rd, 2008 at 8:45am

Beautiful flowers Holly, have a great weekend!!

Rita Vindedziss last blog post: My First Interview!

9. magikquilter commented
    October 3rd, 2008 at 9:33am

Enjoy your weekend ..we also have one here in Australia this weekend. It is VERY hot here at present we have had no spring whatsoever so am afraid we are in for a hot weekend although great for beach goers! Love the photos and the flowers are wonderful.

magikquilters last blog post: I Finally Did It

10. Melissa de la Fuente commented
    October 3rd, 2008 at 10:08am

Love, love how beautiful it all looks Holly! I really adore the purples you are using in your home. Just wonderful! Have a great weekend and have fun with your friends!
    xoxo
    Melissa

11. violette commented
    October 3rd, 2008 at 11:08am

lovely flowers! have a great weekend!!!

violettes last blog post: se?orita | miss

12. Rachel commented
    October 3rd, 2008 at 11:38am

Wow, those flowers are fabulous! We’re having house guests this weekend and buying flowers is on my list for today. I can’t wait! These will be my first fall arrangements of the year!

13. Dovely commented
    October 3rd, 2008 at 12:59pm

i adore that indian print throw you have on your sofa – where did you get it? probably somewhere local in germany, eh?

lovely just the same. enjoy your holiday!

Dovelys last blog post: A Date with Dovely Design

14. Shashi commented
    October 3rd, 2008 at 1:32pm

So pretty, where are the vases from? They’re fabulous.

Shashis last blog post: DWR Score!

15. Jenna commented
    October 3rd, 2008 at 3:09pm

Beautiful flowers. Dahlias are my absolute Fav. I really love your vases as well! Happy Holiday! =)

Jennas last blog post: Music

16. Miss B. commented
    October 3rd, 2008 at 3:30pm

Lovely flowers and vase choices (especially the buds and the last face–swoon)! I am so envious of your little European adventure, it seems so glam….sigh….

Miss B.s last blog post: HAPPY FREEDAY!

17. stephanie commented
    October 3rd, 2008 at 4:21pm

Hope you had a nice holiday and your flowers look lovely. Don’t you like the German flower shops on every corner? It’s one of the things that most impressed me when I moved here! I posted some new flower paintings in my shop today too :) Hope the weather in Hannover is better than in Munich this weekend!

stephanies last blog post: Alpine Wildflowers

18. Tabitha (From Single to Married) commented
    October 3rd, 2008 at 4:42pm

wow – beautiful flowers!

Tabitha (From Single to Married)s last blog post: A Little Friday Gratitude

19. Alison commented
    October 3rd, 2008 at 5:56pm

Lovely flowers and arrangements. Also lovely vases. Inspiring!

Alisons last blog post: Style

20. joa commented
    October 3rd, 2008 at 6:38pm

this makes me feel happy! :)

21. *Mon* commented
    October 3rd, 2008 at 6:40pm

Dahlias are so beautiful- definitely one of my favorites! Those arrangements are absolutely gorgeous. I love the contrast of the bright flowers and white vases- pretty!

*Mon*s last blog post: *Five. Finds for Friday*

22. Nancy Hanke commented
    October 3rd, 2008 at 10:53pm

I want to come to your flat! It looks so beautiful. Very pretty flowers – they really do make it feel like a party! Have a great weekend.

Nancy Hankes last blog post: New items to list

23. Jennifer commented
    October 4th, 2008 at 12:26am

A breath of fresh air. :)

Jennifers last blog post: Goodbye Lovely Summer…

24. puglyfeet commented
    October 4th, 2008 at 2:24am

Those are gorgeous!

25. Tanja commented
    October 4th, 2008 at 6:00am

I love these colors ! And the way you’ve photograph them is great! Many regards from Germany

Tanja

Tanjas last blog post: pimp my taschentucht?schchen

26. Tahr commented
    October 4th, 2008 at 9:57am

Vibrant colors, your arrangements and photography are amazing. I really like your flower arrangements. Great blog!

27. Simply...Gluten-free commented
    October 4th, 2008 at 11:20am

Your flowers and photos are spectacular! Have a lovely weekend.

Simply…Gluten-frees last blog post: Mexican Dinner Party Part 4 – Easy Mexican Rice

28. The Style PA commented
    October 5th, 2008 at 7:55am

What lovely flowers. A good bunch always makes me smile, and they really brighten up a room!

29. Kassandra commented
    October 5th, 2008 at 11:02am

hi,

i like to give an award to you for your inspiring weblog.

take a look here :
    you are mentioned under point 7.
    take the award-pic and put it in your blog, if you like.

have a nice day.

kass

Kassandras last blog post: award…

30. Khulood commented
    October 5th, 2008 at 12:50pm

awww, those are just perfect flowers.. I love your pics! seriously.. your blog has been inspiring me for a while to work on my house (was being lazy since its a rented flat, but couldn’t resist!).. I have a question though, how do you manage to keep your whites bright? I want to make a white space and accentuate it with color, but I’ve tried with off-white (ikea shade) and it turned out like a disaster although we don’t have kids at home :S hope you could post advice on that :) — sorry for the long post.

Khuloods last blog post: I got sick :(

31. decor8 commented
    October 5th, 2008 at 1:24pm

@MaritereCR – Which one are you interested in? I have three on the sofa, I’m happy to share my resources! :)

@Dovely – It’s my wrap but I use it on my shoulders when I watch television so I’ve been leaving it on my sofa lately. It’s from an Iranian man who sells them in all colors and patterns here at the Thursday farmers’ market for 15,- Euro.

@Stephanie – Yes, I love all the flower shops here. It’s amazing. And I just learned today that many of them are open on Sundays. Bakeries and Flower Markets on Sundays are really all that IS open… It’s quite special, it encourages people to visit their family members I think.

@Shashi – The vases are from the local flea market, I paid between 6-8 Euros each for them. The tiny one was 4,- They are vintage German porcelain.

I hope I didn’t miss any questions. I’m so happy that you all have been enjoying some of my more personal posts. I keep most of them over on my other blog haus maus (http://hollymaus.blogspot.com) but from time to time I feel like sharing here, too. :)

xo
    Holly

32. Layla Palmer commented
    October 5th, 2008 at 8:28pm

I am SOOOO happy I found your blog.
    I’ll never miss another post!

Layla
    The Lettered Cottage

Layla Palmers last blog post: Room Reveal and a Contest!

33. holly commented
    October 6th, 2008 at 12:11am

that first arrangement looks lovely! good work

34. Amy commented
    October 9th, 2008 at 4:20am

I have not checked your blog since probably last January and I miss it so. I promise to be a better girl and not desert you, decor8!

35. happiez noon commented
    October 21st, 2008 at 5:32am

The flowers are beatiful so much…^ ^.
    The white room look fresh by them……….

36. oscar commented
    December 4th, 2010 at 11:58am

to find good holiday spots all over the world. go to http://www.holidaygold.com.au/