Designers + Stylists

Ashley Thomas = Swoon!

October 6, 2008

Surface pattern designer Ashley Thomas wrote to me last month (I know, I’m a little behind on my email) to tell me about her designs so I vowed to myself that today would be the day that I would share them on decor8. Ashley thank you for your patience with me! :)

Ashley Thomas = Swoon!

Ashley is a freelance designer and illustrator based in England and her work is both feminine and edgy, a combination of hip city and a day in the country wearing a frilly dress. Her work reminds me of a lot of illustrative, graphic styles coming out of Berlin right now. I was quite surprised when I learned that Ashley is in the UK as upon first glance I would have guessed Berlin without question.

Ashley Thomas = Swoon!Ashley Thomas = Swoon!Ashley Thomas = Swoon!

I am completely smitten by her wallpaper and pillows… lovely with a capital LOVE! I want Larry and Joey wallpaper in my entryway! :)

(images from ashley thomas)

You Might Also Like

12 Comments

• Reply Ellen Crimi-Trent October 6, 2008 at 3:20 pm

fun wallpaper and pillows! I love that the parrot says “Hello Joey!”

Ellen Crimi-Trents last blog post: I scream for Halloween!!

• Reply Tara Diane October 6, 2008 at 3:30 pm

Oh my gosh, I want them all! I love the unique mix on each item :). When I move into a more permanent place I can’t want to wallpaper it up.

• Reply Crystal October 6, 2008 at 5:00 pm

Wowzers, I just lurve that Larry and Joey wallpaper. It’s very graphic, but still kinda delicate at the same time. It would look fabulous in an entry way.

Crystals last blog post: De-Ugly Your Burned Discs with This Kit…

• Reply callie October 6, 2008 at 10:01 pm

oh yes, i can see the Larry and Joey wallpaper in your entry way.
    loving Ashley Thomas, her blue pillow with the little birds is so adorable! oh, the tea cups too, well i should just say all of them!
    Really like her designs!

callies last blog post: DESIGN: Pink is in the details

• Reply michelle October 6, 2008 at 11:27 pm

Very fresh and fun…greay find, Holly!!!

• Reply Carrie October 6, 2008 at 11:45 pm

Oh wow, I adore that wallpaper!! I have been searching so hard for a paper to use on the inside of a bookcase I recently got at an antique mall, it’s so hard to decide with so many beautiful options!! Oh how I wish I had your eye for design!

Carries last blog post: counting the days…

• Reply Nicole October 6, 2008 at 11:55 pm

I love the combination of drawing and textiles. I love fabric and I love drawing–it’s nice to see an idea of how artists are combining these mediums.

• Reply irene October 7, 2008 at 4:31 am

very nice! Thanks Holly for showing this.

• Reply tricia mckellar October 7, 2008 at 8:10 am

Very cute! :)

tricia mckellars last blog post: To the Moon, 8×10 Fine Art Photograph by Tricia McKellar

• Reply Tabitha (From Single to Married) October 7, 2008 at 9:10 am

beautiful – and so unique!

Tabitha (From Single to Married)s last blog post: Photo of the Day – 10/7/08

• Reply luxxury livving October 7, 2008 at 11:34 pm

I’m such a fan of wallpaper and these are the cutest and original I’ve seen yet, very nice find indeed.

luxxury livvings last blog post: Domino Magazine – Releasing Their First Book!

• Reply Amy October 9, 2008 at 3:51 am

That is fantastic linework. It’s always so great to see artists put their imaginations on pillows!