Ashley Thomas = Swoon!

Surface pattern designer Ashley Thomas wrote to me last month (I know, I’m a little behind on my email) to tell me about her designs so I vowed to myself that today would be the day that I would share them on decor8. Ashley thank you for your patience with me! :)

Ashley is a freelance designer and illustrator based in England and her work is both feminine and edgy, a combination of hip city and a day in the country wearing a frilly dress. Her work reminds me of a lot of illustrative, graphic styles coming out of Berlin right now. I was quite surprised when I learned that Ashley is in the UK as upon first glance I would have guessed Berlin without question.

I am completely smitten by her wallpaper and pillows… lovely with a capital LOVE! I want Larry and Joey wallpaper in my entryway! :)

(images from ashley thomas)

Posted by decor8 in designers, textiles, walls on October 06, 2008

1. Ellen Crimi-Trent commented
    October 6th, 2008 at 3:20pm

fun wallpaper and pillows! I love that the parrot says “Hello Joey!”

Ellen Crimi-Trents last blog post: I scream for Halloween!!

2. Tara Diane commented
    October 6th, 2008 at 3:30pm

Oh my gosh, I want them all! I love the unique mix on each item :). When I move into a more permanent place I can’t want to wallpaper it up.

3. Crystal commented
    October 6th, 2008 at 5:00pm

Wowzers, I just lurve that Larry and Joey wallpaper. It’s very graphic, but still kinda delicate at the same time. It would look fabulous in an entry way.

Crystals last blog post: De-Ugly Your Burned Discs with This Kit…

4. callie commented
    October 6th, 2008 at 10:01pm

oh yes, i can see the Larry and Joey wallpaper in your entry way.
    loving Ashley Thomas, her blue pillow with the little birds is so adorable! oh, the tea cups too, well i should just say all of them!
    Really like her designs!

callies last blog post: DESIGN: Pink is in the details

5. michelle commented
    October 6th, 2008 at 11:27pm

Very fresh and fun…greay find, Holly!!!

6. Carrie commented
    October 6th, 2008 at 11:45pm

Oh wow, I adore that wallpaper!! I have been searching so hard for a paper to use on the inside of a bookcase I recently got at an antique mall, it’s so hard to decide with so many beautiful options!! Oh how I wish I had your eye for design!

Carries last blog post: counting the days…

7. Nicole commented
    October 6th, 2008 at 11:55pm

I love the combination of drawing and textiles. I love fabric and I love drawing–it’s nice to see an idea of how artists are combining these mediums.

8. irene commented
    October 7th, 2008 at 4:31am

very nice! Thanks Holly for showing this.

9. tricia mckellar commented
    October 7th, 2008 at 8:10am

Very cute! :)

tricia mckellars last blog post: To the Moon, 8×10 Fine Art Photograph by Tricia McKellar

10. Tabitha (From Single to Married) commented
    October 7th, 2008 at 9:10am

beautiful – and so unique!

Tabitha (From Single to Married)s last blog post: Photo of the Day – 10/7/08

11. luxxury livving commented
    October 7th, 2008 at 11:34pm

I’m such a fan of wallpaper and these are the cutest and original I’ve seen yet, very nice find indeed.

luxxury livvings last blog post: Domino Magazine – Releasing Their First Book!

12. Amy commented
    October 9th, 2008 at 3:51am

That is fantastic linework. It’s always so great to see artists put their imaginations on pillows!