Arts + Crafts, Decorating Tips, Rooms

October 6, 2008

I found such a lovely website via decor8 reader Fiona Lang called Kindergallery and you know with my love of all things artsy and craftsy, of course I cannot resist talking about this lovely find! Kindergallery is a gallery-style website that focuses primarily on art for the little ones but adults can shop for their homes regardless of whether kids live there or not – I know I certainly would (and do!). I think an adult can add softies or ‘youthful’ art to their home – why not?

KindergalleryLots of lovely soft creations by Tamar Mogendorff.

Of course, if you do happen to be a parent Kindergallery is perfect for you because the curator of this online shop, Angela Westerman, does the most beautiful job of scouring the globe for her favorite artists and adding their things to her collection. I love that she does all the work for parents, her eye is great!

KindergalleryThe work of Yung Ok Yoo is perfection…

KindergalleryI love this watercolor (original work) by Meredith Gaston.

KindergalleryAnd for the young at heart, Kate George.

Based in Sydney with a second home in Berlin (oh the life!) Kindergallery is a treasure trove of beautiful finds that you’ll notice the moment you visit the site. The work of Binth, Isak, Lorena Siminovich, Ida Pearle, and Binth can also be found there. Beautiful shop, Angela!

(images from kindergallery)

You Might Also Like

• Reply Diana October 6, 2008 at 11:32 am

Simply lovely – posts like these make me want kids – you’re dangerous Holly! (Though you’re right, I can totally see these things in an adult space.)

Dianas last blog post: Postcards!

• Reply magikquilter October 6, 2008 at 2:20 pm

Getting some kind of weird message about not being able to access that website…kindergallery is it just me?

And they are in Sydney you said!!!

magikquilters last blog post: Purple Pagodas on the Loose

• Reply Melissa de la Fuente October 6, 2008 at 4:40 pm

Lovely….can’t wait to check out some of these artists I didn’t know from before! Wonderful, thank you for sharing!

• Reply Sarah October 7, 2008 at 7:41 am

Yes, getting the same no-access message here too- totally bummed out because I am now CRAVING a kindergallery fix! How gorgeous. Thank you so much.

Please let us know if there is some other way to access the site.

• Reply Laura October 8, 2008 at 1:17 pm

How wonderful, I have 4 children and now inspired to be more creative with their beautiful artwork.

Lauras last blog post: Too Cute Bag Party

• Reply Amy October 9, 2008 at 4:16 am

Um. I’d buy all that stuff for MY place. And I’m an “adult”. :)

• Reply Clare October 19, 2008 at 11:38 pm

The site is working for me but as it is an Aussie site, try as an alternative – and WOW, stunning!

• Reply Realmarce November 24, 2008 at 1:58 pm

Realmarces last blog post: Al teatro con los ni?os