Kindergallery

I found such a lovely website via decor8 reader Fiona Lang called Kindergallery and you know with my love of all things artsy and craftsy, of course I cannot resist talking about this lovely find! Kindergallery is a gallery-style website that focuses primarily on art for the little ones but adults can shop for their homes regardless of whether kids live there or not – I know I certainly would (and do!). I think an adult can add softies or ‘youthful’ art to their home – why not?

Lots of lovely soft creations by Tamar Mogendorff.

Of course, if you do happen to be a parent Kindergallery is perfect for you because the curator of this online shop, Angela Westerman, does the most beautiful job of scouring the globe for her favorite artists and adding their things to her collection. I love that she does all the work for parents, her eye is great!

The work of Yung Ok Yoo is perfection…

I love this watercolor (original work) by Meredith Gaston.

And for the young at heart, Kate George.

Based in Sydney with a second home in Berlin (oh the life!) Kindergallery is a treasure trove of beautiful finds that you’ll notice the moment you visit the site. The work of Binth, Isak, Lorena Siminovich, Ida Pearle, and Binth can also be found there. Beautiful shop, Angela!

(images from kindergallery)

Posted by decor8 in Arts + Crafts, Decorating Tips, kids, walls on October 06, 2008

1. Diana commented
    October 6th, 2008 at 11:32am

Simply lovely – posts like these make me want kids – you’re dangerous Holly! (Though you’re right, I can totally see these things in an adult space.)

Dianas last blog post: Postcards!

2. magikquilter commented
    October 6th, 2008 at 2:20pm

Getting some kind of weird message about not being able to access that website…kindergallery http://www.kindergallery.com/ is it just me?

And they are in Sydney you said!!!

magikquilters last blog post: Purple Pagodas on the Loose

3. Melissa de la Fuente commented
    October 6th, 2008 at 4:40pm

Lovely….can’t wait to check out some of these artists I didn’t know from before! Wonderful, thank you for sharing!
    xo
    Melissa

4. Sarah commented
    October 7th, 2008 at 7:41am

Yes, getting the same no-access message here too- totally bummed out because I am now CRAVING a kindergallery fix! How gorgeous. Thank you so much.

Please let us know if there is some other way to access the site.

5. Laura commented
    October 8th, 2008 at 1:17pm

How wonderful, I have 4 children and now inspired to be more creative with their beautiful artwork.

Lauras last blog post: Too Cute Bag Party

6. Amy commented
    October 9th, 2008 at 4:16am

Um. I’d buy all that stuff for MY place. And I’m an “adult”. :)

7. Clare commented
    October 19th, 2008 at 11:38pm

The site is working for me but as it is an Aussie site, try http://www.kindergallery.com.au as an alternative – and WOW, stunning!

8. Realmarce commented
    November 24th, 2008 at 1:58pm

Lovely!!

Realmarces last blog post: Al teatro con los ni?os