Arts + Crafts, Etsy Faves

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

October 7, 2008

Hello and welcome to another Take Five Tuesday. Sheesh that sounded so boring. Let me try that again. Hey there and welcome to another installation of Take Five Tuesday where I nudge you over to the fabulousness that exists on Etsy. Better? Nah. How ’bout I just show you the goods! This week we have darling deer, cutie bags, little dolls, pretty rings, and a mini game for you (see the last etsy seller featured and play along!) — I hope that you enjoy my picks this week!

Etsy Take Five TuesdayEtsy Take Five TuesdayEtsy Take Five Tuesday

We Dream In Color is beyond beautiful. This jewelry artist makes me want to spend money I don’t have. I must comment on the prices of these pieces – GREAT. I mean you’d pay much more at some of our favorite chain stores for jewelry like this and I’m willing to guess it’s all made in china. These works are made by Jade Gedeon and Jade is one talented lady! Drool fest…

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

I can’t get enough of cute little bags for all the strangeness floating around in my massive tote. Sometimes I open it and pull out the oddest finds! I won’t go into detail on some of them, but you must do the same and wonder, “What the… where did THAT come from?”. Today I found a $10 bill and I honestly have no clue how that showed up because I haven’t seen or touched American currency since the end of July. That is why a girl like me needs little bags in my purse. I have one for lipgloss and a mirror, another for my train pass and keys, and another for coins. I also have a little bag for aspirin, gum, and mints. :) If you are a bag lady like me, you may like Pocket Carnival. Good name for a shop that sells bags, so if there’s a carnival in YOUR pocket(book) too, well you can easily manage the chaos with sweet hand illustrated bags. Darling!

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

Fatty deMonsey is her name and producing cute things for tea time is her game. And show of hands, who doesn’t need a mug with a reminder like this along with a darling doe? “Every day I realise just how important my attitude is. No matter what happens in life, the way I approach each situation is the most important part of it. I can’t change the actions or words of others, but I can make a choice about my own attitude. My mind is the most valuable asset I have. Come rain, hail or shine, it’s more valuable than money, land, career, looks, skills or any other attribute or item you care to think of, and using it well should be the most important part of any education program. Life may be too short, but it’s just too long to have a bad attitude when a good one can improve everything I do and every interaction I have. 90% of my life is how well I use my mind. Be brave, life is a joyous and wonderous thing.”

Amen sista.

Or this reminder, “Downsize, simplify, spend more time with the people you care about… Buy less stuff, it brings such a short lived joy. Sit by the river and enjoy your favourite drink with a real friend or in peace on your own. Live your life to the full.” I’ll drink to that. After I buy the mug, that is. Then I shall simplify…

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

Ravenhill just may be the cutest shop in the whole wide world of Etsy. In fact it’s so cute lets have a drinking game. When I say cute you drink something yummy. This Oslo artist makes THE sweetest cutest dolls (drink). You have to look at her cute shop (guzzle) and click on all of the cute dolls (slurp) and see the cute images (gulp) that she’s uploaded to accompany each. So many sweet and cute detailed photos (drink), I like it so much. If you don’t have babies (or friends with kids) you will want get baby pangs looking through her cute shop (chug) I swear it. :) Her blog is just as sweet as her shop and can be found here. This doll set is called, “Babies in a basket in need of a good mommy or daddy”. Is your heart going to burst from the cuteness (drink)? We all want to be the mommy of those wee little softies!

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

Sean Morris is Bad Hair Mountain (I’m dying to know what that names all about but part of me is a bit scared to learn), a twenty something illustrator from Western Australia and I don’t have anything insightful to say really, I just like his work. I mean it’s simple, clean, and this particular print gives the imagination a chance to soar. You can look at it and build an entire story around the character he has drawn. It’s fun, try it. Here’s Meds above. I’m thinking she is playing with meds as in medication. Maybe mommy is on some, or perhaps she found these in the playground. What story can you build around this piece? I’d love to hear what Meds means to you… Do tell!

(images linked to artists featured above)

You Might Also Like

30 Comments

• Reply Diana October 7, 2008 at 6:24 pm

Great finds as always, Holly! Those earrings are begging to go on my birthday list :-)

I think you’re right as to the last image – meds = medication. I know I’ve been alarmed with how many children are diagnosed with psychological “disorders” and medicated in our country (can a 6 year old really be bipolar?). Maybe there’s a similar thing going on in Australia? Or maybe a parent OD’d – the child is so alone in that image. Seems kind of dark, but beautiful artwork!

Dianas last blog post: To boldly go…where I haven’t gone before

• Reply detour2mode October 7, 2008 at 7:00 pm

how cute! i love your taste and that’s a very good choice

detour2modes last blog post: La Wifilles ?dition 4

• Reply kelly October 7, 2008 at 7:15 pm

I love Ravenhill! Not only does she make the cutest dolls, but she’s a really sweet person.

kellys last blog post: toasthead brooch

• Reply kelly October 7, 2008 at 7:16 pm

p.s. (drink)

kellys last blog post: toasthead brooch

• Reply ruth October 7, 2008 at 8:35 pm

Awesome!

I always love your etsy finds!

Meds = medication. at leas that’s how we use it here.

ruths last blog post: VACATION!

• Reply Leigh October 7, 2008 at 8:56 pm

I just love those dolls!! And I will also drink to the spend more time with those we love.

Wonderful finds as always. I think this year I am going to have an Etsy Christmas, try to only get gifts for my loved ones from there. Just thought of that, fabulous.:)

Leighs last blog post: "Cherry Blossom Girl" Painting

• Reply Maggie October 7, 2008 at 10:21 pm

I’m not sure how I arrived here, but I found you a few weeks ago and you will be single handedly responsible for members of my family receiving actual PRESENTS this year, instead of just giftcards, thank you!!!!

Maggies last blog post: Trying to gain perspective

• Reply Carrie October 7, 2008 at 11:39 pm

ok, that Athena ring from We Dream in Colour has me verklempt, i’m speechless, it’s amazingly gorgeously fabulous.

Carries last blog post: inspired travel diaries – volume 1

• Reply Nancy Hanke October 8, 2008 at 12:25 am

Look at the variety of things you can find on Etsy! I could easily spend all day just checking out the shops. Great finds!

Nancy Hankes last blog post: Fall in Minnesota

• Reply Frans?sa October 8, 2008 at 5:22 am

Oh, adorable! I love the ring from WeDreamInColour. Thank you for all the tips!

Frans?sas last blog post: Finally in production -Gallery by Anna Irinarchos

• Reply Tabitha (From Single to Married) October 8, 2008 at 6:34 am

Love Etsy and these are good finds – thanks!

Tabitha (From Single to Married)s last blog post: Photo of the Day – 10/8/08

• Reply Joanna (hostessjo.com) October 8, 2008 at 8:44 am

The jewelry is so beautiful! Especially the ring! Thanks for sharing…

• Reply Tracy October 8, 2008 at 9:22 am

That jewelry is gorgeous! I’m going to visit their shop right now (not that I can spend but I can windowshop for the holidays!)

Tracys last blog post: SQUIRREL Miniature – Teeny Tiny Fused Glass Pendant

• Reply Melissa de la Fuente October 8, 2008 at 9:44 am

Oh! This is my most favorite “etsy finds” of yours to date! They are always so wonderful but, this one has my heartracing…..that jewelry, those bags, that little dear….oh my! Thank you and I am off to check them all out!
    xo
    Melissa

• Reply nichole October 8, 2008 at 10:12 am

Gasp! We Dream in Color’s jewelry is amazing. Love, love it. Thanks for this etsy round-up.

nicholes last blog post: K Studio

• Reply VisuaLingual October 8, 2008 at 12:00 pm

Wow, these artists are all so inspiring! I especially love the tea accessories by Fatty deMonsey.

VisuaLinguals last blog post: Vine Street Coasters

• Reply karlita October 8, 2008 at 2:33 pm

I’m the proud owner of one of the Ravenhill dolls and they are just gorgeous!!!!

karlitas last blog post: Time to buy some famous designers fabric ( stocksales )

• Reply Sue October 8, 2008 at 2:34 pm

Medication is definately what comes to my mind when I hear the word meds, but such a beautiful drawing gives off a much nicer image to me of a little girl feeding the birds, maybe I just live in a fairytale world and try not to see whats really going on out there….I prefer it that way, keep behind my rose tinted glasses!!!

Sues last blog post: Blue Circles card

• Reply ingermaaike October 8, 2008 at 2:38 pm

These are the most amazing finds, luckily is was not wine I was guzzeling with the sublime cuteness of those dolls by Raven!

ingermaaikes last blog post: The making of a chantarelle

• Reply Leina October 8, 2008 at 2:44 pm

Great finds! I really really admire Ravenhill?s creation, this is not only cute but has this “magic something”…

Leinas last blog post: Must ja valge/ Black&White&Minimalistic

• Reply Devi October 8, 2008 at 2:45 pm

Lovely finds! Those earrings… mmmhhhh and Emily’s baby dolls….aaahhh…
    Med is a lovely print. I think, Med is simply her name, since she was born in Medina ;)

Devis last blog post: sorting

• Reply Lasso the Moon October 8, 2008 at 2:48 pm

These are great finds. And you are not the only one with the need for little bags. I use them for organizing receipts, too.
    Anna

Lasso the Moons last blog post: Babies everywhere!

• Reply Paunchiness October 8, 2008 at 3:00 pm

Nice list of stuff. I think I may buy some of that jewelry for my wife.

Paunchinesss last blog post: Movin? On Up

• Reply Kim October 8, 2008 at 3:07 pm

Speaking of chain stores, Urban Outfitters actually carries We Dream in Color jewelry. (Not that that makes it any less beautiful!)

Kims last blog post: Blueberry Boat Brooch

• Reply panyizsuzsi October 8, 2008 at 3:19 pm

Ravenhill is really a great artist. I am so glad, you featured her Holly!

panyizsuzsis last blog post: Contemporary Glass Jewelry 3…2…1… start!

• Reply AndresM October 8, 2008 at 3:45 pm

Here’s what I see in Meds.
    This little girl was taken to the beach with her mom, who happens to be addicted to Valium. Her mom loves to take the pills and pass out to the sound of the waves while her daughter plays in the sand next to her. Her daughter finds the pill and begins playing with them in the sand imagining they are little children at the beach. She imagines they are brothers and sisters of hers. Then she feeds them to those seagulls and watches them fly away.

that was fun! You were right!

AndresMs last blog post: Capsule SF!

• Reply DecorPad October 8, 2008 at 6:05 pm

Love these! Beautiful!

• Reply collette October 8, 2008 at 8:03 pm

i am such a “compartmentalizer” (is that even a word?) or bag lady as you said. i love all my wee little pouches for all my doo-dads. i like knowing exactly where to go to to find something. the name pocket carnival, well pure genius i think. so clever.
    yay to the western aussie you featured!

collettes last blog post: knitting 101

• Reply Jennifer October 8, 2008 at 9:15 pm

Oooh, nummy yummy!

Jennifers last blog post: Oh Soooo Busy

• Reply magikquilter October 9, 2008 at 11:05 am

I think she is playing in the sand and knows to be careful of syringes but thinks these are some sort of treasure….they are such a beautiful colour

magikquilters last blog post: Sparkly Crosses