Luna Bazaar – Save 20%

Luna Bazaar wants to extend a discount offer to decor8 readers starting today for the next week… Perhaps you are interested in party and wedding supplies that include items for the home, like rice paper lanterns in all colors imaginable? Sign me up! I love giant paper orbs suspended from the ceiling or even outside beneath big white tents at weddings… Lovely!

I personally appreciate that you can buy a box of 144 cocktail umbrellas because they add such a fun touch to cocktail parties with the girls at home and usually when I’m looking for them I can never find them in stores. Their vintage glass vases are another favorite as I imagine them hanging in the trees at night around the patio. And don’t forget the beautiful large parasol umbrellas that you can decorate with in the home or outside on the terrace for a special evening with friends. Remember this spread in Domino magazine awhile back? I never forgot the image.

(image from domino magazine.)

This photo makes me feel really happy when I see it. I imagine the faces of some of my friends around this pretty table surrounded by tapas, tons of candles and great music… I will someday throw a party just like this with all the melon colors and silk overhead. I first need a patio! I would replace the birdcage with a few parasols I think and of course twinkle (aka fairy) lights.

I was just thinking about things you can do with a parasol at home and an idea popped into my head. You could always open it, cut the handle down to 3-4″, and hang it over the sofa or bed showing off the color and/or pattern to add some interest to the room on a budget. I think it would totally work in the right setting. Something along the lines of the image shown below where the cameroon headdress currently is… replace with a parasol.

(image from Living Etc.)

You can even hang one in the corner of a bedroom like this. Of course they also look great as props to photograph…

(Photo: Liquid Sky Arts)

(A cocktail umbrella photographed by: MelissaMH)

Wouldn’t one be beautiful as a window display with tiny ornaments hanging down from it? View more parasol inspiration here.

I know we are entering Autumn/Winter but I still have Spring/Summer on the brain. I can’t seem to get into Fall this year. All I think about is driving to the beach, collecting shells, drinking fruity cocktails with way to many calories, and enjoying the sound of the crashing surf. Each store I enter I’m greeted with pumpkins, green, red, and gold. I’m not ready for pumpkins! I want seashells, lotus flowers, and fish tacos! Never in my life have I not been thoroughly excited and prepared for Autumn because it is my favorite season. While other blogs are talking about Halloween and Christmas I am posting photos of summer patios. What is up? I wonder if you feel the same way, not feeling ready for Fall, or am I completely alone in this?

So! If you are planning a party (big or small) why not hit Luna Bazaar to cash in on this fab discount. This offer will expire at midnight on October 15th and when you check out you will need to enter DECOR820.

Have fun!

(images from luna bazaar)

Posted by decor8 in Decorating Tips, inspiration on October 09, 2008

1. Tabitha (From Single to Married) commented
    October 9th, 2008 at 1:36pm

Great idea with the parasol!

Tabitha (From Single to Married)s last blog post: Photo of the Day – 10/09/08

2. Melissa de la Fuente commented
    October 9th, 2008 at 2:19pm

That is a fun idea(cutting the parasol down and mounting it on the wall!)
    A lovely offer and I don’t think you are alone in the “letting go of summer” mode….it seems alot of folks have had that this year! Myself included!
    xo
    Melissa

3. Alicia commented
    October 10th, 2008 at 1:48am

I used to have parasols on my wall, too! Have a looksee: http://sunnydayhappyface.blogspot.com/2007/04/parasols-on-wall.html
    It’s very cheap to do. I’m loving the variety of parasols at Luna Bazaar, I’m going to have to get some there in the future. Right now my two parasols are propped up against the wall on top of my dresser because they haven’t been hung in the new place (and we’re moving again next year, so…)

Alicias last blog post: from my bookmarks

4. Rossana commented
    October 11th, 2008 at 8:15am

Thank you so much for the link to Luna Bazaar !!! I’ve never heard of them, just what I’ve been looking for my wedding next year!!
    Ps. Loving your Blog
    Rossana

Rossanas last blog post: Florist Wholesale Buyer Magazine

5. MaritereCR commented
    October 11th, 2008 at 10:01pm

Lovely! The colors on this post are soooo beautiful and the parasols a great idea for accenting the home! I clearly remember that spread in Domino mag. and loved it as well? only wish I could find birdcages like the one on that picture! Any tips???
    Thanks for the great post!
    MaritereCR

MaritereCRs last blog post: Beauty Berry Bloom – 8 x 10 Fine Art Photographic Print

6. Melissa commented
    October 11th, 2008 at 10:05pm

How lovely to find my photo on your blog!

Great stuff at Luna – thanks for the link.

Melissa

Melissas last blog post: It’s starting to feel spooky around here