Arts + Crafts, Etsy Faves, Fashion + Accessories

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

October 14, 2008

I just love my five Etsy picks this week, not that I don’t love them every week (cheesy grin) but I don’t know, these just feel so warm and cozy to me… Like being out in the park kicking leaves, wearing red boots, feeling the crisp Fall air. Yes friends I finally have been bitten by the Autumn bug. Speaking of bugs, what is UP in northern Germany lately? I had 39 (I counted) ladybugs on my bedroom curtains yesterday just hanging around, swinging in the breeze… My white linen curtains had red polka dots that moved so the design was quite interesting as it changed every hour or so to create a new pattern. How nature inspires, I was looking at them on the curtain thinking about how interesting it would be to design a textile that had that ability, to change pattern throughout the day… Until THAT technology comes, I have nature doing it for me — at no charge — and seeing all the cutie ladybugs and watching the leaves change color this past weekend was all I needed to get me into the Autumn spirit. I think my Etsy finds today reflect this.

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

First up, Royal Buffet. I really enjoy all of the mobiles, pretty paper ornaments and garlands that Mollie Greene creates from her South Carolina studio. For $8 you can own this lovely blackbird king, made from card stock, wire, and vintage french magazines. So handsome and perfect for Fall. And when everyone else is hanging traditional wreaths on their front door this season, you can hang these dreamy butterflies all a flutter.

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

Next we have Coccole di Luna in Italy and her amazing hand knit pieces that makes me want to turn down the temps outside even more just so I can wear one. It’s been so warm here lately, we’re in Indian Summer mode but I’m sure that will change soon and then I’m bringing out all of the scarves and mittens and enjoying EVERY SINGLE SECOND of Autumn fashion this year. These are so luxurious, certainly something you’d feel beautiful wearing that would receive many passerby’s looking on with interest.

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

Now for items for the home with Chakra Pennywhistle, an Etsy eco shop because all her items are made out of organic cotton. Each design you see is hand drawn, screen printed and then sewn by Chakra herself. I think her aesthetic is very sweet and uncomplicated but with impact. Currently inspired by early American folk art decoration which is quite evident in her patterns, each design was drawn to reflect that period only with a fresh, modern twist.

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

Bonspiel in Canada is a great find, for sure! I think you’re going to like the leather things that she makes, the motifs and colors are quite nice… Pouches, passport sleeves, wallets, sachets, totes, they make super gifts and they don’t look like everything else sold in stores so the product feels fresh and interesting.

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

And last but far from least — I’m LOVING Toronto design firm Touch the Dutch. THIS PIN knocks it out of the park for me. Whoa. The jewelry and things in this shop are by Anneke van Bommel and soooo hip and fun. I like that you can gift your guy with some of this stuff… Tres sweet! You must check them out, words cannot convey… Oh just go check them out, you’ll see. Words may fail you too.

Hope that you enjoyed my picks this week!

(images linked to sources above)

You Might Also Like

• Reply MaritereCR October 14, 2008 at 5:16 pm

Wonderful picks!!! Thank you for introducing us to other talented Etsy sellers week by week! I’ve already hearted the “Little Modern Birds” pillow by chakrapennywhistle and bonspielcreation clutches, wallets and bags! Fantastic!!! GLad to know you are enjoying nice fall weather in Germany… still feels like the end of summer here in Texas!

MaritereCRs last blog post: Tic Tac Toe, XOXO – 8 x 10 Fine Art Photographic Print

• Reply Diana October 14, 2008 at 5:18 pm

Lovely! Those pillows are so inviting. Isn’t fall magical? It is hands down my favorite time of year.

Dianas last blog post: My New Toy!!

• Reply half October 14, 2008 at 5:20 pm

That butterfly wreath is beautiful!

halfs last blog post: If only I had my own wing…

• Reply Liss October 14, 2008 at 5:52 pm

some great finds here. love the brooches and the birdie pillows.

Lisss last blog post: your obsessions get you known throughout the school for being strange

• Reply rachel best October 14, 2008 at 6:02 pm

Yes, that butterfly wreath is wonderful!

rachel bests last blog post: gravity’s rainbow

• Reply Rosa October 14, 2008 at 6:10 pm

I’m loving it ALL!

• Reply K October 14, 2008 at 7:20 pm

This is my 2nd time seeing Royal Buffet rec’d and it’s definitely deserving.
    Absolutely glorious!

& I definitely cannot wait for the temp to drop, because I am stocking up on beautiful scarves.

Thanks for the great picks! 1 more scarf resource for the pot.

• Reply Cicada Studio October 14, 2008 at 8:36 pm

Thank you for highlighting Chakra Pennywhistle!

Cicada Studios last blog post: New Item In Shop | 2009 Tea Towel Calendar

• Reply Flyleaf Books October 14, 2008 at 9:43 pm

Pennywhistle and Royal Buffet are two of my hearted shops on Etsy – love their work!

• Reply Anna @ D16 October 14, 2008 at 9:46 pm

Beaver pin! I love it.

I don’t understand why those beautiful knit pieces are so inexpensive. She should be charging at least double!

Anna @ D16s last blog post: Mascara.

• Reply Jennifer October 14, 2008 at 10:41 pm

Royal Buffet satisfies that aesthetic appetite of mine. Yumminess!

Jennifers last blog post: Polka Dots & Aprons…

• Reply Summer October 14, 2008 at 11:46 pm

Oh yay! Chakra Pennywhistle! Love her pillows!

Summers last blog post: My Home Decor Picks

• Reply Melissa de la Fuente October 15, 2008 at 12:34 am

Oh, I do! I do! These are fabulous picks hun! I love them….every single one and I can say from experience that bonspiel’s creations are even lovelier in person and wear extremely well! Love that wreath, those hand knit pieces, the little birdie pillows, that butterfly pouch and that wolf pin! Must.have.on.Christmas.list. :) Thank you for another wonderful Take 5 Tuesday! YAY!

• Reply Uncle Beefy October 15, 2008 at 2:15 am

SUCH great picks, Miss Holly! And thrilled that you included Royal Buffet!!! Mollie & her cohort Annie are DE-lightful! But seriously…these are all some seriously AMAZING offerings of talent! :)

Uncle Beefys last blog post: Nature vs. Nurture

• Reply Natasha October 15, 2008 at 4:32 am

Lovely picks Holly. I particularly like the pins from Touch the Dutch, the wolf howling is wonderful and perfect timing as my partners birthday is just coming up!

Natashas last blog post: Cusi Print

• Reply LayersofMeaning October 15, 2008 at 9:32 am

wow! love the Coccole di Luna collar

LayersofMeanings last blog post: Check it out: Layers of Meaning – Giveaway

• Reply mollie October 15, 2008 at 9:50 am

thanks so much for the royal buffet love! you’re the best!

• Reply VisuaLingual October 15, 2008 at 9:58 am

I LOVE the pillows by Chakra Pennywhistle. They actually seem a bit Scandinavian-influenced, and I mean that in the best way possible!

VisuaLinguals last blog post: Vine Street Coasters

• Reply Tracy October 15, 2008 at 11:00 am

Thank you for the links, Holly! You always find such beautiful work, and I always ‘favorite’ them hoping to one day purchase. Thanks again…

Tracys last blog post: RABBIT Miniature – Teeny Tiny Fused Glass Pendant

• Reply Joy October 15, 2008 at 12:31 pm

Love your stuff!

• Reply alicia October 15, 2008 at 2:16 pm

These are such perfect choices for the season! The Chakra Pennywhistle pillows are on my etsy wishlist.

alicias last blog post: the last ride

• Reply Cynthia October 15, 2008 at 4:04 pm

Nice finds this week! I’m especially loving the knit goods.

Cynthias last blog post: Autumn Tour

• Reply Ursula October 15, 2008 at 8:18 pm

What a great collection of Etsy beauties! Chakra Pennywhistle’s pillows are even more beautiful in person; the organic cotton is so soft and silky!

Ursulas last blog post: on the wall

• Reply FC October 15, 2008 at 11:26 pm

Fabulous picks this week!!!:)

FCs last blog post: Fashion FUR-less!

• Reply mamichan October 16, 2008 at 1:41 pm

Great picks!
    Regarding the ladybugs — they may just be pretty beetles that LOOK like ladybugs but not real ladybugs. We had a swarm of them a few falls ago and they’re not the good kind of bugs.

mamichans last blog post: soup recipe

• Reply 315thomas October 16, 2008 at 4:15 pm

oh wow, those knit pieces are absolutely stunning.

315thomass last blog post: congratulations leanne!

• Reply Kate October 17, 2008 at 11:22 am

Wonderful picks again! And you’re right, the pin is fabulous :)

• Reply ImJewelee October 27, 2008 at 9:30 am

Hello what a wonderful way to highlight some of the awesome artists that Etsy has to offer. I have a little shop too and just love meeting everyone and hearing their stories ….. it is like the whole world unites…..through ART!
    Have an awesome time here, this is fun!

ImJewelees last blog post: Changeable BEAD BAR silver drop PENDANT Cell phone Purse zipper light pull.. SALE…… Buy 1 Get 1 FREE you will get 2 for only 4.50

• Reply Bess October 29, 2008 at 4:16 pm

I just found Touch the Dutch on Etsy a few days ago while longing for a little hometown (Toronto) content. I’m so glad you featured her creations on your blog :) It’s been great to read haus maus as well, I’m living in Vienna Austria and appreciate the little Deutsch sprinkles every now and then.