Inspiration

Photographer Birgitta Wolfgang Drejer

October 15, 2008

Ready to see some BEAUTIFUL spaces? I was reading today in the new issue of Living & More (my absolute favorite German interiors magazine) about photographer Birgitta Wolfgang Drejer and OH MY is her home beeeeaaauuuutiful! I especially love her Deborah Bowness “Books” wallpaper in her living room. If you have access to Living & More, please pick up issue Nr. 8 November/Dezember 2008 and turn to page 24 and prepare to start drooling.

Photographer Birgitta Wolfgang Drejer

Birgitta Wolfgang Drejer has worked as a photographer for the last 20 years covering everything from fashion to catalogs and has lived in exciting cities like Paris, Milano and Miami. For the past 10 years she has specialized in interiors photography, in fact I have a book called Nordlicht2 that I’m ADDICTED TO that was shot by her. As you can see from just a small glimpse of her portfolio here, Birgitta is nothing short of amazing, capturing light in ways that only a seasoned photographer can — photos so emotionally touching that you can imagine yourself in that exact space, perhaps lounging around having tea with the homeowner. I just LOVE her feminine sense of style, seen in both her photography and in her home which is featured in Living & More this month. If the lighting is good in my apartment tomorrow, I will photograph a page from this issue showing my favorite corner of her home… So stay tuned for that tomorrow.

Photographer Birgitta Wolfgang DrejerPhotographer Birgitta Wolfgang DrejerPhotographer Birgitta Wolfgang DrejerPhotographer Birgitta Wolfgang DrejerPhotographer Birgitta Wolfgang DrejerPhotographer Birgitta Wolfgang DrejerPhotographer Birgitta Wolfgang DrejerPhotographer Birgitta Wolfgang DrejerPhotographer Birgitta Wolfgang DrejerPhotographer Birgitta Wolfgang DrejerPhotographer Birgitta Wolfgang DrejerPhotographer Birgitta Wolfgang DrejerPhotographer Birgitta Wolfgang Drejer

After reading Living & More today, having a long lingering lunch with my friend Esra, and spending time this evening with Petra, I am more motivated than ever to continue working on my apartment now as I was lagging behind on a few projects here lately and Birgitta’s work and my friends have greatly inspired me to press forward today. I love this about good friendships, magazines and the internet, all the people we meet that bring us these gifts of motivation because honestly, sometimes I cannot motivate myself so I need my friends and those whose work I find online (like Birgitta) to give me that push. This is what is so amazing about putting your work out there and allowing your creative energy to flow into it, presenting your raw natural talent — you never know who will be affected by it! I bet Birgitta didn’t wake up this morning thinking she’d inspire some blogger like me and many of you reading this looking at her beautiful work here today. You just put it out there and see where it lands. It’s a beautiful thought, don’t you think? To just do good work and enjoy the fruits of that labor. I think nothing quite feels better than learning that someone found you and gained something good from that. I’m so glad that the talented Birgitta has placed her work online for all to see, please view her website for her complete portfolio. Gorgeous!

(photography by Birgitta Wolfgang Drejer)

You Might Also Like

21 Comments

• Reply Jennifer October 15, 2008 at 5:53 pm

Okay,…so how do these spaces end up looking so fantastic with all of this white on white business? Perhaps I should use this as inspiration since I can’t paint my apartment’s white walls! :)

Jennifers last blog post: Polka Dots & Aprons…

• Reply MaryBeth October 15, 2008 at 6:04 pm

Well.. you just wrote exactly how I feel about you and your wonderful Blog-I gain ideas, inspirations ,and a general lifting of my spirit every time I visit here!
    Namaste,
    MB

MaryBeths last blog post: what a week

• Reply Jennifer October 15, 2008 at 6:10 pm

i really love decorating with lots of white, with dark and/or bright accents. it makes the light in the room so beautiful. thanks for the inspiration!

Jennifers last blog post: Four + Twenty Blackbirds Recipe Cards

• Reply thebeadedlily October 15, 2008 at 6:15 pm

What stellar images! Like another world . . .

thebeadedlilys last blog post: 52 sources of inspiration

• Reply Alarna October 15, 2008 at 6:42 pm

I love the hints of purple & openness throughout these photos!
    Good luck with your new found motivation, Birgitta’s work is certainly inspiring… I agree it is so great to be able to have such a vast resource of talented people to inspire and motivate when you are feeling flat..

Alarnas last blog post: brooch love…

• Reply Parisbreakfasts October 15, 2008 at 6:45 pm

I’m loving this light>
    I will find a way to get my paws on that book!
    THANKS!!

• Reply Summer October 15, 2008 at 7:11 pm

I LOVE the white with the bits of dark! I am now determined to have open shelving in the kitchen after this post, the one of your apartment, and others as of late! Thank you for more inspiration!

Summers last blog post: I know it’s a little early…

• Reply alicia October 15, 2008 at 7:47 pm

I adore all of these pictures, and am desperately trying to talk my husband into white floors. Somehow I am not convincing enough.

alicias last blog post: the last ride

• Reply Rose October 15, 2008 at 8:03 pm

Really like lavender hue in these photos. And I agree with you about having my friend’s work really giving me a push – I’ve found it to be one of the things that keep inspiring me over and over.

Roses last blog post: Bits and Bobbins

• Reply MsUnreliable October 15, 2008 at 9:09 pm

Theses posts are so inspirational and beautiful I don’t even know where to start. So very envious!

MsUnreliables last blog post: Hello Yellow

• Reply MaritereCR October 15, 2008 at 10:01 pm

Exquisite interiors and captivating photography! Her work is so inviting… just as you said, it makes you feel at home… and at peace! So calming, soothing to the eye and the creative mind! Wonderful inspiration, thank you for introducing us to Birgitta!

MaritereCRs last blog post: Secret Garden – 8 x 10 Fine Art Photographic Print

• Reply FC October 15, 2008 at 11:25 pm

Amazingly Beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing :)

FCs last blog post: Fashion FUR-less!

• Reply Charlotte Tollst October 16, 2008 at 5:07 am

Adorable photos!

And yes that’s a good thing about the internet, we can all inspire and help each other no matter where on earth we are living! I like that feeling.

Charlotte Tollst?ns last blog post: A walk

• Reply Charlotte Tollst October 16, 2008 at 5:11 am

I just had a look at Birgitta’s website.
    It was stunning! And cool music to.

Charlotte Tollst?ns last blog post: A walk

• Reply Bethany October 16, 2008 at 10:53 am

I am particularly dazzled by the floor in the living room which looks like simple white washed pine planks. I have ripped up the carpet in my bedroom and living room and while I’d planned to use do-it-yourself hardwood, I find myself drawn to the long unfinished pine planks at Lowes. I wonder if anyone has ever just nailed down planks of this sort and sealed and painted them or is this a stupid idea. Am I missing something here? Like, maybe if I spill a cup of tea on my handmade floor, it would slip through the cracks and pool on the subfloor and rot my house! I just like the more rustic look and all of the reasonably priced hardwood I’ve looked at just seems toooo new and fussy.

• Reply Tabitha (From Single to Married) October 16, 2008 at 12:47 pm

Love the photos!! The things she does with lighting are amazing!

Tabitha (From Single to Married)s last blog post: Small Town Fun for a Big City Girl

• Reply Nicole October 16, 2008 at 4:46 pm

Those photographs are gorgeous–she has such a gift for photographing inside tight spaces–it’s really hard to organize so much information into an eloquent photograph! I especially love the sun-glowing bottles and the detail of the chandelier which at first glance looks like shadows.

Nicoles last blog post: To the letter

• Reply Barbara October 17, 2008 at 2:58 pm

Oh these photos are sooo nice. I am keen to see some new stories about your new house.
    I am looking to decorating my new appartment in Berlin as well. Unfortunately I don’t have an apartment yet :-(
    Ok now going fo a weekend drink
    Have a nice weekend
    Marsupial Barbara

Barbaras last blog post: Christmas breedings

• Reply Annika October 17, 2008 at 3:57 pm

Holly, thank you for posting these gorgeous photos! I had to get the Living&More-issue today just by seeing these in your blog and sadly our swiss-version of it doesn’t contain ANY of these photos ( and was sneakely packed in plastic so I couldn?t peek in…) , not to mention even the whole article is missing… GRRR!
    Well anyway, I?m grateful that I see some peeks now in your blog & find out that some magazines seem to be nicer on that side of border :-)

• Reply Gabriela October 18, 2008 at 8:35 am

Holly!
    I love this post. What gorgeous images!!!! Do you know where to find Living & More in the US?

• Reply Miami Interior Design October 20, 2008 at 9:16 pm

Great images, gave me a few new ideas, the whole white on white thing really worked out here. hoping to see more great post like this one thumbs up ;)