uncategorized

Happy Weekend!

October 17, 2008

I’m signing off for a few days and wishing you a very happy weekend. We will be at a fun party on Saturday (time to play dress up, oh boy!) and Sunday I will learn how to use my new sewing machine and of course go for another very long walk in the forest near our apartment where I will collect pine cone branches to arrange in a glass vase for the living room.

I also plan to listen to a lot of music… it never fails to keep me focused on projects especially when I’m sewing. I plan to hit Virgin to see if I can locate the new Keane CD. By the way… any Depeche Mode fans out there? They held a press conference in Berlin last week (catch it here on You Tube) and confirmed a new album set to roll out in the beginning of ’09 along with tour dates in Europe, North America and South America. They even have a new band logo here. So exciting!

Happy Weekend!

Before I go, I simply must point you to some visual candy — some of my current Flickr favorites, you can click here to view them. Once there you may click on the actual photo icon to view the full size version along with the photographer’s name and account. I hope that you enjoy them. My theme was “Inner Peace” as I pulled this particular collection together. All of these things gave me a good restful feeling, I hope that they also have this effect on you. :)

Have a lovely weekend!

(images from Flickr)

14 Comments

• Reply Leigh October 17, 2008 at 8:01 pm

Have a wonderful weekend Holly, I so need to get dressed up and get out:)

Thanks for the Updates with the wonderful Depeche Mode, I was lucky enough to hang out with them twice when they came through Denver.
    I have just adored them forever.

• Reply Jennifer October 17, 2008 at 9:14 pm

A long ‘forest walk’ sounds lovely. I could use a walk in one of those too! :)

Jennifers last blog post: Itty Bitty Artist, Really Big Art

• Reply Rebecca October 17, 2008 at 10:10 pm

I have immensely enjoyed your blog.

• Reply Anna @ D16 October 17, 2008 at 11:33 pm

Well, I love DM…but you probably could have guessed that! :)

Anna @ D16s last blog post: Great new IKEA things.

• Reply Veda October 18, 2008 at 1:10 am

Dear Holly,

have an awesome weekend there! thanks for the pictures. they are really good!

Vedas last blog post: In the process….

• Reply Petra :-) October 18, 2008 at 3:05 am

Hi Holly :-)
    I wish you and Thorsten a very nice Weekend, thanks very much again for sharing your time with Esra, me and O. ;-) last wednesday ;-) ;-) We enjoyed it very much :-)
    love
    Petra :-)

Petra :-)s last blog post: hamam favourites….

• Reply Lynne October 18, 2008 at 3:42 am

What’s your costume going to be? I am going to a fancy dress party in a week or two and I can not think of one single idea.

• Reply becky from hatch October 19, 2008 at 1:39 am

You made my day – I have been DYING to see Depeche since I was in seventh grade and I would listen to my cassette on the exercise bike over and over. I think it was “Music for the Masses.” I will definitely be getting tickets for that one!

becky from hatchs last blog post: Manolo Blahnik Drawings

• Reply Courtney October 19, 2008 at 2:07 am

Thanks for the Depeche Mode info…my husband is super excited! i hope you have a lovely weekend…and “Enjoy the Silence.” lol

Courtneys last blog post: thankfulness

• Reply Nina October 19, 2008 at 11:42 am

Another Depeche Mode fan! ;)

• Reply Wende October 19, 2008 at 5:29 pm

How much do I love David Gahan? Oh my. :D

Wendes last blog post: Sweet Dreams Pillowcase Set — Luxurious Egyptian Cotton

• Reply Elisabet October 19, 2008 at 6:16 pm

I can’t wait for DM to roll through Phoenix!! They are my all-time favorite band.

Elisabets last blog post: Not much to say lately

• Reply decor8 October 20, 2008 at 6:57 am

Yes, Dave Gahan is positively dreamy. My friend Paris met him last year at his CD signing in NYC. I can’t even imagine standing before that man. Insert ::weak knees:: here.

Hi Petra – Yes we did too! Let’s get together again soon. I plan to visit you at your studio next Monday when Esra is back from Istanbul. I can spend the afternoon there with you both. :)

Lynne – I wasn’t a costume party so I went as myself. Which is somewhat boring sometimes, you know!? :)

xo
    Holly

• Reply Petra :-) October 20, 2008 at 3:33 pm

Hi Holly :-)
    yes, that?s cool, come around next monday, so I think I will make a lemon vanilla cake for us three girls ;-)….looking forward ;-)
    love
    Petra

Petra :-)s last blog post: hamam favourites….