Decorating Tips, Objects

The London Cushion

October 21, 2008

I first heard about The London Cushion in Living Etc. magazine but was reminded of them again today while reading Made By Girl.

The London Cushion

They have a fine selection of cushions from all over the world, but lots of UK designers caught my attention because they’re not ones I see as often as the more ‘typical’ designers that I know so well from the states. Plus I’m a major anglophile and have been since 1996, yes 12 years obsessing over music, art, and design in England… so naturally I adore several that I found on The London Cushion that I’d like to share with you below. A little eye candy if you will. :)

The London Cushion
The London Cushion
The London Cushion
The London Cushion

Do you have any pillows that you’re obsessing over right now? They can be from any website, please share in the comments section below your pillow wish list please. :)

(images above from the london cushion company)

You Might Also Like

• Reply Norine October 21, 2008 at 7:29 pm

I am dreaming of a pink and ochre living room, with pink and ochre Anthropologie pillows and furniture. I posted about it on our blog, including the pillows.
    It would be so stunning.

Norines last blog post: Love this dining room

• Reply Mandi October 21, 2008 at 7:45 pm

Oh I am so lusting over this pillow right now:,1,82

Mandis last blog post: emoticons and narrative.

• Reply belinda October 21, 2008 at 7:52 pm

oh yes – i recently posted about Anna Whitford and am totally in love with everything from
    oromono. Love a good cushion! bx

belindas last blog post: tiny blog hiatus

• Reply Janet October 21, 2008 at 8:46 pm

I’m obsessed with these:

Janets last blog post: At Your Service

• Reply Elizabeth October 21, 2008 at 9:08 pm

I’ve been ogling feed sack pillows lately, and I’m really in love with these .
    And I’m also rather thrilled with my own latest pillow creation, if I do say so myself :)

• Reply Kim October 21, 2008 at 9:34 pm

A couple of these are available on

• Reply Amy C October 21, 2008 at 9:50 pm

I really want this one;
    its just so cute.

• Reply Jennifer October 21, 2008 at 9:59 pm

How sweet! Who wouldn’t want to snuggle up and get cozy with these?!

Jennifers last blog post: 25 Limited Edition Prints

• Reply JENNIFER RAMOS October 21, 2008 at 11:06 pm

Believe it or not , this is the company who I would have chosen for my fave cushions….i adore their pillows and hope to get my hands on a couple of them..! Thanks Holly. :)

Jen Ramos
    ‘100% Recycled DESIGNER Cards & More’

• Reply Kate October 21, 2008 at 11:14 pm

Well, I am not normally a commenter, and I didn’t think I had any cushions to share, but 5 mins after reading this post I stubmled upon Lena Corwin’s website…

I love her cushions with the “pompom” “field” and “village” patterns :)

• Reply simplygrove October 21, 2008 at 11:56 pm

All of these pillows are fabulous Holly!!!

simplygroves last blog post: Apartment Therapy

• Reply Andi October 22, 2008 at 12:00 am

I love pillows! And right now I’m into graphic ones. Here’s my wish list:

Purple tree pillow from Blissliving:

Orange floral pillows from Blissliving:

Circle silk pillow (purple and orange):

Turquoise shell linen pillow:

Pretty sequin swirls from West Elm:

This telephone pillow from West Elm:

And I just bought this green peacock pillow from West Elm!

Andis last blog post: Trendspotting: Chasing rainbows

• Reply Ez October 22, 2008 at 12:31 am

Holly you must see these fabulous pillows:
    Made from authentic Union Jack flags –

More Union Jack Pillows (various colors) –

I’m personally pining away for some huge floor cushions to lounge around on. I just picked up some great fabric at IKEA last weekend and will be making them soon! Yay!

Ezs last blog post: Chic for Cheap: Aviator Winging Ceremony

• Reply CMN October 22, 2008 at 12:50 am

Um, I’m so busy drooling over all of those lovely lovely pillows you found at London Cushion that I can’t hardly think! However, if I WERE to come up with a great recommendation… it would have to be the gorgeous silks from Jim Thompson in Thailand. — though I couldn’t find my favorite elephant pillow cases on the website. Still, the Marco Polo fabric collection is just… stunning!

CMNs last blog post: New city, new view: New York!

• Reply Kristen October 22, 2008 at 1:10 am

I’m LOVING the pillows from Ferm Living.

Beautiful! Ferm Living rocks!!!!

Kristens last blog post: Introducing the Woomba

• Reply Rachel October 22, 2008 at 2:17 am

I was JUST wondering how to spruce up my living room when I logged on Decor8 – I am dying for all of these pillows – espeically the “Love” and the Union Jack ones…kinda remind me of the tapestry that was hung in Carrie’s new apt in the Sex and the City movie…thanks for the inspiration Holly!

• Reply Rusulica October 22, 2008 at 3:08 am

those are cute, but not as much as my cushions! :) im just kidding. i enjoy making cushions because its so easy and you can be as creative as you want – you can patchwork them, you can draw on them, you can even knit them! and they are great present, too! one day ill take pictures of them, for now i just have pics of the other things i made (on flickr) but they dont belong in this domene :)

Rusulicas last blog post:

• Reply Hanna October 22, 2008 at 3:22 am

For a long time I am in love with cushions from

Hannas last blog post: Donnerstag kommt nach Mittwoch

• Reply Lynne October 22, 2008 at 3:23 am

I love these (London) cushions at Lisa Stickley:

• Reply juliette October 22, 2008 at 3:24 am

eeep! this is JUST what i’ve been looking for! My couch has two pillows, but they’re only temporary – now I have something to save for! Finding good pillows is rough these days – they all seem to look a little too bland, but these are just perfect! Thanks!

• Reply Gul Sat October 22, 2008 at 4:31 am

your post made me to remember these pillows, I’ve seen on your Flickr.

Gul Sats last blog post: my shelves -composition

• Reply Keryn October 22, 2008 at 5:28 am

Always loved Yastik Istanbul

• Reply Ivana October 22, 2008 at 5:37 am

My very English web location, not only for cushions, is :)

Best regards :)

• Reply Viv October 22, 2008 at 7:38 am

This is my absolute favourite cushion by Etsy seller skinnylaminx:

Heather doesn’t seem to have the cushion listed any longer though. Perhaps I bought the last or maybe she can still do custom orders? I love it. Just need to find the perfect spot for it in my home!

Check out her other great cushion designs listed in her shop:

Vivs last blog post: Spicing up the bedroom

• Reply Never teh Bride October 22, 2008 at 8:21 am

I’m a big fan of the pillows over at inhabit, just because I love the chocolate and green botanical prints:

It wouldn’t match a thing in my house, but I think I could make them work anyway!

Never teh Brides last blog post: Trompe L??il Headboards

• Reply anh-minh October 22, 2008 at 10:28 am

I love anything and everything by Adam & Viktoria.

• Reply Ben Can Dance Creations October 22, 2008 at 11:04 am

I have seen the most luxurious pillows from this seller (MIREIO). OMG. They are made with imported lavender and are just beautiful.

This one, “La Boheme”, is a vintage hand-embroidered material. It is her most expensive pillow and worth every cent.

For those with a little tighter budget, she also has this fantastic “World Traveler” pillow, made with vintage linen and more fine imported lavender. Mmmmmm

Ben Can Dance Creationss last blog post: Without Her Glasses On (Jumbo magnet)

• Reply nichole October 22, 2008 at 11:44 am

I’m obsessed with the window and door pillows at olive:

So, so charming!

nicholes last blog post: I Love Lenka

• Reply Cecile October 22, 2008 at 1:36 pm

Fabulous pillows! Thanks!

• Reply Cecile October 22, 2008 at 1:38 pm

I especially love the Union Jack with a heart in the center!

Ceciles last blog post: Almost all Scottish foods are brown…

• Reply Julia October 22, 2008 at 1:42 pm

I love this pillow, but don’t know who makes it. Can anyone identify the pillow on the chair in this picture?

• Reply Tabitha (From Single to Married) October 22, 2008 at 2:48 pm

ohhh… so many to choose from! I don’t have any pillows I’m obsessing over right now, but I will say that over at another of my fav sites ( he talks about how to make pillows out of vintage silk scarves. I think I’m going to have to try that!

Tabitha (From Single to Married)s last blog post: Healthy Eating During Pregnancy

• Reply Elisa October 22, 2008 at 3:54 pm

Love those a Brit living in Canada I am loving anything from the UK, kind of makes me feel nostalgic!

For my fave cushions I love the stuff from unberdove especially Tale of the Night City.
    Umberdove can be found on Etsy:

Elisas last blog post:

• Reply becky from hatch October 22, 2008 at 5:31 pm

The John Robshaw orange and pink pillow w/ little round mirrors on it I saw at GF MacGregor’s this summer in Rockland Maine. Also, I LOVE the Vivienne Westwood Union Jack pillow. Gosh, I meant to order some cute Union Jack pillows from an etsy seller months ago, and I really dropped the ball and can’t remember her name. Does anyone know?

becky from hatchs last blog post: The Bitchy TV Schedule Tonight

• Reply Steph Bond @ Bondville October 22, 2008 at 6:50 pm

Loving the modern design of the pillows from a small Australian Aboriginal women’s art studio called modernmurri – The yellow is so chic and it really brings together traditional Australian design with modern Australian design.

And also loving the use of the union jack on rugs (a la Vivienne Westwood) – check out how cool it looks:

Steph Bond @ Bondvilles last blog post: Hip Products: Tees 2 Knees

• Reply steven October 23, 2008 at 6:35 am

cushions and pillows are like my diamonds and own tiny sitting room has 16 of them either bought or made by myself scatterd everywhere, in an orderly fashion of course…but i would love this…..

and this is one i made…it took far too long…

cushions rule

decor8 rules

stevens last blog post: new, but actually old, but new

• Reply steven October 23, 2008 at 6:41 am

me again…just wanted to say that the designer behind the printed union jack pillows in the picture above is by my good friend becky, and holly you would love her website…

her bus destination blinds are incredible… have a look…

have a great day.

stevens last blog post: new, but actually old, but new

• Reply dzinediva October 23, 2008 at 9:18 pm

Ok, shameless plug–I am personally lusting after my own pillow design found on my website at:

Love decor8!!!

• Reply Kara October 24, 2008 at 7:33 pm

May I add the pillow from Toast that you just posted about. This pillow would be perfect in my sewing room. I fell in love instantly.

-Thank you for your Toast poast. ;-)

• Reply gabbea January 27, 2011 at 1:01 am

Love pillows! They all look fantastic!:)