Inspiration, Round-ups

Inspired By: Autumn Edition

October 22, 2008

This is a totally girly post but I think you’ll enjoy it. Today I thought I’d share some of my recent inspirations mood board style, things that have either directly influenced my work, my spirit, and/or my heart strings (tug, tug). I hope you enjoy this collection and I invite you to click on the links below to view more lovely items not show here within this post. I also invite you to create something like this and feature it on your own blog and link back to this post (leave your link in the comments section below). I think it’s fun (and important) to share our inspirations as we can all learn, grow, and go ‘ahhhh’ together. I hope you enjoy these little gems. Enjoy!

Inspired By: Autumn Edition
{a.} Garden variety cakes.
{b.} “Into the Sun” photographic print by Ez Pudewa.
{c.} Lobster & Swan treasures.
{d.} New: Domino book (I don’t have it yet but I heard it’s lovely). Sneak peek here.)
{e.} The cutest bunny for a pet — me want a silly wabbit too!
{f.} Free greeting card and tags at Creature Comforts.
{g.} Dilkabear prints.

Inspired By: Autumn Edition

{1.} Jen Gotch photography.
{2.} Coats by Little Houses via: Trunkt.
{3.} Charming illustrations by Kayo Tamaishi as shown here on the inspiration board of Secrets of a Butterfly.
{4.} The photography of Shanon Gass.
{5.} Books by Australian designer Shannon Fricke (Colour and Space is a book I cannot stop looking at lately, her other book called Colour is now on my wish list).

Inspired By: Autumn Edition
Of course I am inspired by my own things too… My house and what I fill it with. And I’m forever into my husband Thorsten. He is a treasure and makes our home shine. Sounds corny but it’s true.

{a.} The indie art in my apartment in Germany.
{b.} German designer Orike Muth’s lighting. Swoon!
{c.} More art in my little New Hampshire house.
{d.} Fresh flowers from the farmers’ market on Thursdays. I love arranging them. I inherited this love from my mother. She is flower obsessed and was trained as a floral designer so it’s no wonder I guess…

Inspired By: Autumn Edition

{1.} Jen Skelley illustrations.
{2.} The ever-inspiring October Pikapackage.
{3.} More Jen Skelley patterns.
{4.} The Free People blog.
{5.} Free downloadable wallpaper for your computer from Free People.

Inspired By: Autumn Edition

{a.} Dahlias and astibe make for the perfect bouquet.
{b.} A girly vintage dresser that was once unloved but now totally adored.
{c.} J.Crew high heels for Fall.
{d.} New: Kate Spade jewelry collection.
{e.} A pretty but far from perfect workspace via Emmas Designblogg.
{f.} Lena Corwin’s lovely wedding invitations.

Inspired By: Autumn Edition

{1. + 2.} Kilim rugs (photos from Domino).
{3.} Glittering cupcakes.
{4.} Vintage tea trays from Le Souk.
{5.} NK Pure incense sticks (esp. Litchi).
{6.} Vintage costume jewelry from the flea market (via: Sweet Jessie).

Inspired By: Autumn Edition

{1.} German decorating magazines. Shown: Living & More.
{2.} Dutch decor and design mags. Shown:VT Wonen and 101 Woonideeen.
{3.} Jeu de Paume Books from the Yvestown shop (psst: Don’t miss her new blog: Yvestown Lifestyle.)

Inspired By: Autumn Edition

{a.} A masculine Autumn boutonniere
{b.} J.Crew colorful flats for tall girls like me.
{c.} Quail eggs on display.
{d.} A thoughtful gift bag display.
{e.} Vintage wallpaper in tiny spaces, like a pantry or hall closet.

Inspired By: Autumn Edition

{1.} White interiors with touches of black and lavender.
{2.} Rita Konig’s serene and feminine bedroom.
{3.} Bringing in found branches and arranging them as a decorative accent (photo via: Shannon Fricke’s blog).
{4.} Creative (and easy) centerpieces from the Martha Stewart gods.
{5.} High heel typeface.

I also am inspired by scents. Tell me, what’s on your perfume tray? Here is what I have on mine, I wear a different scent each day so I have seven which I know is not at all normal but normal is overrated I think. :)

{1.} Viktor & Rolf: Flower Bomb. {2.} Mexx: Berlin (Summer Edition). {3.} Kylie Minogue: Sweet Darling. {4.} Armani: Code (for Women). {5.} Clinque: Happy Heart. {6.} Dolce & Gabbana: Light Blue. {7.} Gap Body: Loveshack Body Mist. (Can’t seem to find it on their website, I purchased it at Karstadt).

I’ll make sure to show you another Inspired By again soon, I’m thinking a Winter Edition in January if that’s okay with you?

(images linked to their sources above.)

27 Comments

• Reply 315thomas October 22, 2008 at 6:36 pm

beautiful things. thank you for sharing your inspiration, and for all the wonderful links!

315thomass last blog post: my latest obsession . . . lladro niagara chandelier

• Reply collette October 22, 2008 at 6:44 pm

thanks for this visual stroll of all things lovely. i love looking at layouts. it’s such a treat to see it all come together. lots of ooohhs & aaawwes here.
    i don’t think 7 perfumes is too many or unusual. i hope not because i have more than that. it takes me so long to get through them and they last forever it seems.
    a few i’m wearing now: clinique – happy, tommy hilfiger – tommy girl, calvin klein – ck one and bath & body works – pure silk body splash in plumeria. i’m a huge fan of issey miyake. it’s spring so i’m definitely wearing light & fresh scents. i save my spicy, heavier ones for winter.

collettes last blog post: The Lure of Pink

• Reply Luphia October 22, 2008 at 6:45 pm

your flat and house look fab Holly!

My fav perfume are:
    Dolce and Gabbana: Light Blue (Same!)
    Moschino Cheap & Chic: I Love Love
    Estee Lauder: Beyond Paradise
    Marc Jacobs: Daisy
    Chanel: Coco Mademoiselle

• Reply belinda October 22, 2008 at 6:46 pm

wow holly, makes me want to do one. i so would if i had the time… you must post more pics of your US home – it looks equally as beautiful as your german one! x

belindas last blog post: thursday eye candy

• Reply Shanon October 22, 2008 at 7:03 pm

I love all these inspirations, especially those dahlias and wedding invitations. I was just commenting on them over at your Flickr and once I got over here I was so surprised to see my Little Things photograph of acorns as an inspiration for you. Thank you so much! I’m so happy you feel inspired by it. =)

The question you posed about our perfume trays has me shaking my head– cause I don’t have any perfume at the moment! Not even scented lotion. Now that’s just wrong wrong wrong. I think I need to make a wish list a.s.a.p.

Shanons last blog post: Yellow Friday

• Reply Sarah October 22, 2008 at 7:06 pm

Thank you so much for sharing such wonderful inspiration!

Holly, I was wondering if you could post some images from the inside of Colour + Space. Amazon doesn’t seem to have any and I’d like to see more before ordering. Also, I’m loving the Domino book and I’m sure you will too once you’re able to obtain it!

Although I don’t find it odd to wear more than one fragrance, I find it extremely challenging to find one that doesn’t turn sour on me. So, I’ve found my signature fragrance- Lovely by Sarah Jessica Parker- and stick with it.

Sarahs last blog post: Sheepskin Rug

• Reply magikquilter October 22, 2008 at 8:30 pm

Can’t wear perfumes due to allergies…only Yardley Violets and Yardley Roses do not bother me…travelling on public transport is a nightmare for me!!!

Holly I love all your nspiration today but especially your mention of your husband…his blog looks great and I sent the link off to my son who is a writer straight away! I to am a sci fi and mystery reading fan!!! Hi Thorsten!!!

magikquilters last blog post: More Amari

• Reply magikquilter October 22, 2008 at 8:30 pm

And I can spell…sometimes!

magikquilters last blog post: More Amari

• Reply Desiree Fawn October 22, 2008 at 8:31 pm

Gasp! That bunny ^_^

Desiree Fawns last blog post: tis the season.

• Reply alia October 22, 2008 at 8:48 pm

Your fantastic eye is always a breath of fresh air, Holly. This inspired me to cultivate some beauty in my home today. I save money on perfume and splurge on fresh flowers!

alias last blog post: 1950s HAPPY Birthday Zoo Centerpiece

• Reply Anna @ D16 October 22, 2008 at 9:49 pm

OMG. Ronnie the bunny!!!! Tooooo much. <3

Anna @ D16s last blog post: Newburgh!

• Reply Ez October 23, 2008 at 12:27 am

This is a crazy-amazing roundup Holly! Wow!
    Thanks for including me… I’m giddy with delight!
    xoxox
    Ez

Ezs last blog post: Deal of the Day

• Reply Taylor October 23, 2008 at 3:43 am

The Domino book has been on my wishlist ever since I saw it previewed in the mag.! I can’t wait.

Taylors last blog post: Butterfly Earrings

• Reply Fiona October 23, 2008 at 6:45 am

Thanks for this blog. With dreaded winter approaching you have inspired me to find the beautiful things around my own home, and start ‘montaging’
    Thanks

Fionas last blog post: WordPress 2.7: Coming Soon

• Reply Katie October 23, 2008 at 7:19 am

This post really struck me. Thank you for putting it together.

I think it’s probably my favorite since I started following your blog some time ago because it really captures a sense of thought process and creation. I also loved the images of your two homes side-by-side.
    Katie

Katies last blog post: How to Make Sense of Energy Efficient Bulbs and Find What Works in Your Home

• Reply katie (fpgirl) October 23, 2008 at 9:45 am

thanks for the shout out!!! we love you too!
    all of these links will keep me clicking:)
    xooofpgirl

katie (fpgirl)s last blog post: Free People’s Current Favorite Songs!

• Reply Mary October 23, 2008 at 10:30 am

Those Jen Skelley designs are wonderful!

Marys last blog post: Best Gifts on Etsy for Dancers!

• Reply cindy k October 23, 2008 at 12:16 pm

wow, what a list! my favorite scent is orange blossom by jo malone. my husband has just started wearing her sweet lime & cedar.

cindy ks last blog post: life : imprint interview

• Reply pruittfpgirl October 23, 2008 at 12:29 pm

Thank you so much for mentioning us and our blog! We are so grateful!!

Be sure and check out Free People’s Official Flickr too, for a couple more wallpapers as well as a lot of other cool FP pictures!

pruittfpgirls last blog post: just a boy

• Reply Katrina Lynn October 23, 2008 at 12:56 pm

my favorite perfumes {in particular order}:
    1. Bulgari: Rose Essentielle
    2. Chanel: Coco Mademoiselle
    3. Valentino: Rock & Rose

Katrina Lynns last blog post: Mid October

• Reply anne October 24, 2008 at 3:26 am

just a quick message to say that shannon’s ‘colour’ book is actually the colour part of ‘colour and space’…they were originally two books over here in aus, and have been re-released in the double edition…just letting you know so you don’t waste money on something you already own! (i own both of them too, by the way, and love them…she’s got a great style)

• Reply Melissa de la Fuente October 24, 2008 at 8:25 pm

How.on. earth. did I miss this gorgeousness? :) Wow, this must have been alot of hard work rounding up these beautiful inspiration boards. Thank you so much for this Holly….a world of inspiration for us and so much beauty.
    I am inspired by perfume too….I currently wear Eau de Hadrien by Annick Goutal…I love it so. But, I have been known to shake it up now and then! :)
    I adore that you have seven and most I don’t know at all so, I am excited to go a’sniffin. :) Have a fantastic weekend sweet Holly and again, thank you for this fantastic round up! Wow.
    xo
    Melis

• Reply Lucy October 25, 2008 at 1:21 am

You forget my diary 2009… if it is not too late, I would like it to be added ;-)
    Here is some links:

• Reply Livy October 25, 2008 at 9:50 pm

So many lovely things! Thanks for showing my humble little dresser some love! I’m honored!

Livys last blog post: Mail Call

• Reply Jen Skelley October 27, 2008 at 3:43 pm

Thanks for including me in this fantastic round up!

• Reply misha October 29, 2011 at 10:56 am

Holly! Wow!
    Thank for sharing such wonderful inspiration!