Arts + Crafts, Inspiration, Small Business

New: Violet

October 22, 2008

I’m so excited to write this as two of my favorite artists, Camilla Engman and Elisabeth Dunker in G?teborg, Sweden recently moved into a working studio together that they’ve called Studio Violet. Studio Violet has a blog, web store (they ship worldwide) and a website. I have to admit, when I stumbled upon this news today while reading Camilla’s blog I felt butterflies inside because I really LOVE their studio space and the current products they have for sale in their shop. Have you ever looked at something and said, “That is just SO me”? Okay good so you know how I feel about Violet.

New: Violet

So far, Camilla and Elisabeth have collaborated on a few products together and no doubt more will follow, but for now I’m especially enjoying the Friends of Violet poster (which I’ve already ordered for my apartment because the color palette totally fits my place). Isn’t it sweet?

As you know because I’ve mentioned it a gadzillion times here already but in the future I have big dreams of opening a shop/arts & crafts gallery & workshop center with a friend so I imagine that for these ladies this is a very exciting goal to have reached… together. I’m sure they dreamt of this moment too. I love seeing talented women find one another and work together in such a beautiful productive way.

New: VioletNew: VioletNew: VioletNew: Violet

Congratulations to them and to all ladies (and gents) reading who are collaborating on projects. This seems to be a growing trend in the independent arts and crafts world right now, though I hate calling it a trend as they come and go… hopefully collaborating sticks around for a very long time because it’s really taking off and so far I’m hearing nothing but positive reports. I hope to see more and more talented people pulling together to make their dreams come true.

(images from elisabeth dunker)

You Might Also Like

11 Comments

• Reply greenolive October 22, 2008 at 10:24 pm

ooooh, I just checked out that poster. Its divine! Once I do the exchange rate calculations I might just have to buy it too!
    Hey, I’m the first comment, wow. Are the rest of you asleep or something?

greenolives last blog post: knitting is IN

• Reply nichole October 22, 2008 at 11:28 pm

Oh, wow. This is just so inspiring. I’ve worked from home since my first son was born, and though it has its perks, I dream of a space like this. I’m fortunate to live in a town with many options for artist collaboration, and I just may have to take the plunge.

I recently discovered a writer’s studio, and my heart skipped a beat.

PS. The print is so lovely!

nicholes last blog post: Simply Stated

• Reply Jackie October 23, 2008 at 12:22 am

I loved the poster so much I just ordered it! I think it is going to look great in my daughter’s room. Greenolive, it is already in US dollars so no exchange rates needed.

Jackies last blog post: Pumpkin Of The Day

• Reply Melissa de la Fuente October 23, 2008 at 12:33 am

Oh! goodgod! I am in love with it all….Violet…she is divine! :)
    xo
    Melissa

• Reply Ez October 23, 2008 at 3:36 am

Oh goodness… I had to swoop that one up too! Though I want everything in their shop and had the hardest time choosing just one thing. Now I know what to ask for for x-mas!
    Thanks for sharing this sweetie!
    xox
    Ez

Ezs last blog post: Inspiration Daily: 10 .23 .08

• Reply Cicada Studio October 23, 2008 at 5:52 am

Designing and making things can be a lonely business- Very isolated at times. It would be lovely to share a (larger space) with someone as passionate as I am. My husband and I share an office and often collaborate on projects, but it’s a home office and the house is all around…. and it’s not the most creative of atmospheres. A studio is high on my “dream” list.

Cicada Studios last blog post: Psst- Click Here!

• Reply Diana October 23, 2008 at 9:24 am

What a beautiful workspace!! I love those chairs.

Dianas last blog post: It’s my Birthday AND my Etsy-versary!

• Reply Luphia October 23, 2008 at 1:44 pm

i love the cat girl illustration, so cute!

Luphias last blog post: Generate

• Reply camilla Engman October 23, 2008 at 4:07 pm

Thank you, Holly! We are so glad you like it. We have fun :)
    I hope you will be able to forfill your dreams of opening a shop/arts & crafts gallery & workshop center with a friend.

• Reply collette October 23, 2008 at 9:45 pm

thanks do much for this post. it’s encouraging to see people do what they love & love what they do. i’m finally realising my passion and slowly starting to pave the way to allow these dreams to be a reality. working side by side with another fellow artist would be a bit like a slice of heaven if you ask me.

collettes last blog post: The Lure of Pink