Happy Weekend!

I hope that you had a really good week and that you’re ready for the weekend as much as I am. I love Fridays! :) I’m signing off now but remember that Monday is our BIG DAY as it kicks off two full weeks of decor8 discounts so please remember to stop by each day between November 3-14 to view the stores offering deals just for you. Note: All discounts will be valid from the time that they post until November 21, 2008.

“The Big Day” by Sycamore Press.

What are your plans this weekend? One highlight of mine: I’m meeting a group of ladies first thing in the morning for coffee and then we’re off to the fabric market! Yay! If you are local and want to join us, please email me and I’ll fill you in on the details. Here’s the rest of my agenda: If you’d like to tell me yours, please comment below and on Monday you can comment again to report in on your progress.

Saturday: Girls breakfast and then we hit the Holland fabric market (Stoffmarkt). Buy fresh flowers (I forgot to do this today). Finish painting my dining room chairs, reupholster them, bake cookies, and relax for the evening as I think this weekend will mostly be about reading, relaxing, and baking. Get crafty: Make a few necklaces while I watch a movie. Write a letter to my mother.

Sunday: Talk a long walk in the forest with my man, collect pine branches, go shopping (special shopping day this Sunday where stores will be open and there’s a festival downtown with food and such), spend time with friends in the afternoon, and at night… bubble bath! Every woman should end the weekend with a bit of pampering, don’t you think?

What will you do this weekend? Your plans?

(images from holly becker for decor8)

Posted by decor8 in uncategorized on October 31, 2008

1. collette commented
    October 31st, 2008 at 8:48pm

i can’t help but notice you mention long walks in the forest. ahh….one of the things i miss most abut living in Germany.
    happy weekend.
    xo

collettes last blog post: A Halloween Wish For You

2. Taylor commented
    October 31st, 2008 at 9:33pm

Weekend:
    Scrub the tub and tiles.
    Do some handwashables.
    Write thank-you notes for the participants of the Holiday Stocking Hunt

Taylors last blog post: It’s That Time of the Year, Again

3. Michelle Hawkins-Thiel commented
    October 31st, 2008 at 9:38pm

Oooh, I’m envious of your textile excursion. I also have dining chairs to re-upholster this weekend (guests coming next weekend!)

4. PandaBaby commented
    October 31st, 2008 at 10:32pm

Holly, your weekend sounds like it will be lovely!

This evening we dressed up our little five month old daughter, Ruby, in her bug costume and handed out candies until 6:30. She’s in bed now and my hubby is watching a hockey game while I surf the net with a glass of red wine.

Tomorrow we’re off to a birthday party for my 80 year old great auntie. Should be fun! Then Sunday we’ll probably hang around the house with hot chocolate and blankies trying to stay dry. It’s supposed to rain.

5. kristina commented
    October 31st, 2008 at 11:33pm

your weekend sounds wonderful – enjoy!

we are looking forward to a lovely 75 degree day here in Woodstock…after we rake up the fallen pine needles and mow the lawn, hopefully we will walk the path to the lake and enjoy the changing leaves.

with any luck, I will work on the painting in my studio…I just realized today that it might be the incredible blues skies and orange leaves that are inspiring my pallette…

Play with kids…play with hubby…enjoy the fresh air!

kristinas last blog post: New Treasury!

6. magikquilter commented
    November 1st, 2008 at 12:57am

Coffee and the fabric market sounds great…wonder how many will turn up?

Saturday…this is cheating as it is Saturday afternoon already….

1] Go to new Art Fair which has been started in local Historic Home on the grounds of local Catholic church. Check out area for whether it would be feasible for me to have a market table there for my quilts, bags etc

2] Indulge in my Saturday coffee ritual [having a coffee by myself] at my favourite coffee shop, it is heaven…but it means dodging all my friends so it is a challenge worthy of a reality television show…truly…do not laugh!!

3] Finish off hand sewing lace down on baby quilt…what was I thinking?

4] Cut out and sew some camisoles from the silk dupion I have been hoarding for two years

Sunday
    1] Shopping at Westfield’s to get a Vornado…it is getting warm here ….35c twice this week

2] Coffee at Jamaica Blue whilst famous people watching…have seen David Wenham, Sandra Bullock and lots of local celebrities from Idol and television

3] Decide whether to get a haircut..have been growing it and it is just on my shoulders and looks like the young girl in the first Harry Potter movie

4] Cut out my olive green embroidered with aqua flowers taffetta to make a skirt for summer for myself

This was quite the brain puzzler and may prove invaluable …another great idea from Decor8!!!

magikquilters last blog post: Friday Finds Storage

7. Diana commented
    November 1st, 2008 at 11:10am

Oooh, can I come to your weekend – it sounds fabulous!! :-)

Today we slept in, made a nice breakfast (mmm, bacon), had a in-depth discussion about the economy and how it relates to environmental sustainability… Now we plan to run some errands, pick up a mounted photograph of mine, and meet up with my family (complete with adorable 2-year old nephew) for a nice hike. It’s a gorgeous day, and I’ll be bringing 3 or 4 cameras, so I’m hoping to get some lovely autumn shots! Then it’s out to dinner and maybe an evening of board games.

Sunday, we’ll head to church – the priest is a friend and he always finds a way to make Mass invigorating and inspiring. That’ll hopefully set the energetic mood we need to get some raking done in the yard, and perhaps make some progress on painting our kitchen cabinets.

Dianas last blog post: A Microcosmic World

8. Martha commented
    November 1st, 2008 at 12:50pm

My plans for this weekend are:

1. House work – need to vacuum and clean the kitchen.

2. Take the dog for a long walk – he has been cooped up and needs to run.

3. Work on some jewelry for a couple of big shows I have coming up.

4. Not set my clocks back tonight so that tomorrow I can give myself the gift of an extra hours when I want it. :)

5. Go grocery shopping and cook a wonderful breakfast for the husband just to show him I love him (I haven’t cooked much this week).

That’s about it.

Marthas last blog post: The Six Weeks of Christmas Blog Give-Away – 11/1 – 11/7/08

9. Amanda commented
    November 1st, 2008 at 3:06pm

Sounds like you will have a lovely weekend!

Here’s mine:
    Saturday: Celebrate my fabulous boyfriend’s birthday. I made some art for him…I’m nervous because it’s my first art gift, but he’s gracious! I need to find a frame for it before I see him in the evening for dinner.

Sunday: Homework, homework, housecleaning, and homework.

10. Concha commented
    November 1st, 2008 at 3:29pm

Wow… you certainly are organised! maybe if I’d plan my weekends ahead I’d do much more with them…

I wish I could join you in your trip to the fabric market!

11. Rachel commented
    November 1st, 2008 at 6:42pm

I just finished my third and final Election DIY Roundup-now it’s time to plan a party of my own. And I think I’d like to take Sunday to recuperate!

12. yummy! ink commented
    November 1st, 2008 at 8:46pm

What a lovely weekend, Holly! The Holland fabric market sounds great. I would love to join you some time!
    I just came back from Germany and will be in San Francisco for a few days. It has been a rainy Halloween over here!. Tomorrow, if does not rain I will go to the Alameda Flea Market in Oakland. It’s always a nice plan the first Sunday of each month. Have a good start of the week!

13. yummy! ink commented
    November 1st, 2008 at 8:54pm

I just came back from Germany and will be in San Francisco for a few days. It has been a rainy Halloween over here!. Tomorrow, if does not rain I will go to the Alameda Flea Market in Oakland. It?s always a nice plan the first Sunday of each month. Have a good start of the week!

14. emma commented
    November 2nd, 2008 at 1:07pm

Hi Hol!

Your weekend sounds great, I hope you had fun and found some nice fabrics at the market!

I like my weekends a bit slower, so I started out with some boxing on Friday night. Yeah, I know, it might not sound so slow, but I promise you that you are completely beat afterwards, and won’t want to do much else than relax on the couch. And so I did. Saturday I woke up late, took the dogs for a walk in the forest, caught up on my blogreading, and had a nice dinner with my boyfriend and his brother (who is a chef, so of course he cooked and it was delicious). After that, I fell down on the couch again and watched two movies (the new Hulk novie, which sucked, and Indiana Jones, which sucked even more, but that is what I expexted :-) )

Today it was finally time to get off the couch, because it’s my oldest son’s 8th birthday. So I went shopping for some presents (two huge LEGO sets) and then went to his father’s house for a little family get together. Well, little is probably a bit of an understatement, because when we all get together we are 15 persons… And that is just the closest family, like parents and brothers and sisters. It was a bit crowded, but we all stood around the kitchen eating cake decorated with creepy spiders and brains (he loves having his birthday around Halloween!) and now I’m at my boyfriends house again, planning the upcoming week while he watches the Formula 1 finale on tv. I’m thinking I’ll catch a movie on Tuesday, hopefully I can find some tickets to Let the Right One In. Have you seen it? It’s supposed to be great, and after reading the book, my hopes are very high.

hugs
    em

emmas last blog post: Flickr Favorites Friday

15. Melissa de la Fuente commented
    November 2nd, 2008 at 5:36pm

Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend Holly! So nicem wish I could come along! We spent the weekend with my hubby’s brother who lives near by and his wife and adorable little girl…today we did alot of moving stuff around to try to give our girls their own rooms! Yikes! Oh, and trick or treating with the girls Friday night. A very productive weekend but, I could have done with a date night and a movie! :)
    xo
    Melissa

16. Taylor commented
    November 3rd, 2008 at 2:41am

Weekend:
    -Scrub the tub and tiles. *CHECK*
    -Do some handwashables. OOPS!
    -Write thank-you notes for the participants of the Holiday Stocking Hunt *CHECK*
    -Make some hot chocolate for me and brew coffee for my husband and go sit along the Waterfront after the shops close and watch the people and boats go by. *SORT OF* … it was raining so we curled up on the couch, watched A Beautiful Mind and drank hot chocolate and coffee and ate Halloween candy.

Taylors last blog post: Shop CurlyfrySC for Christmas

17. magikquilter commented
    November 4th, 2008 at 6:51am

Hi Holly…shamefaced weekend update here.

1] Weekend market….tick but not my thing for my type of stuff but a wonderful art type gallery. I could not see anywhere to have market stalls as it gets really hot here and would need some sort of shelter…

2] Weekend coffee…tick …easy as was out earlier than usual so missed everyone anyway

3] Finish sewing lace down on baby blanket…okay here my weekend plans went out the window as I decided after sewing it completely down all around to take it all apart and not use the lace at all!!!!!!

So there went my whole weekend’s plans ….that deconstructing of the baby quilt inspired me to start some fleece backed ones and once I started those I had to find accessories to photograph with them so went to local charity shops to find toys and ceramics which went with the fabric edges of the fleece blankets. Successful mission by the way as was finding more microplushfleece in softest palest pink to go with the fairy fabric I found recently

And….I found heaps of new artisans for my flickr groups …a lot of then have great etsy shops too

* * * *

So still need the haircut and the Vornado but it is cool again here so should be okay until next weekend when it all starts again! Hope you had a great weekend Holly

magikquilters last blog post: Friday Finds Storage

18. magikquilter commented
    November 4th, 2008 at 6:54am

Oh and need to cut out the clothes but do not think my family can handle any more projects at present…must finish the blankets first! Did you make any necklaces Holly?

magikquilters last blog post: Friday Finds Storage

19. decor8 commented
    November 4th, 2008 at 7:45am

Hi Magikquilter – Yes I made two necklaces on Sunday and they came out pretty cute for a first time attempt. Maybe I’ll photograph them and put them on Flickr later today. :)

20. magikquilter commented
    November 4th, 2008 at 11:29am

Ooh can’t wait to see I love beading…wonder if your sultanissim friend helped….will check flickr later [no pressure as am sure you are busy]

magikquilters last blog post: Part One of my Tutorial for Medallion Baby Quilt ??backed with fleece for arthritics or people with nerve damage