Etoile Home

So the hunt for the crochet blanket ends… I featured Etoile Home in London awhile back but when owner Shani wrote in recently to announce new products and a special sale page, I just HAD to share. Okay there’s another reason… a bit of a selfish motive. See this blankie?

…. This bedroom was featured once in Living Etc magazine and I’ve saved in in my inspiration file for like, ever. I tried desperately to locate this blanket and I tracked down Designers Guild UK as the source. BUT they no longer carry it. Poo, just my luck. Today things changed. Etoile Home not only has it, well pretty much a carbon copy at least, but it’s on sale. Score! Now I’m wondering if I should just go for it or not. The dollar is getting stronger up against the pound… And that sure does look purrty there on that bed, now doesn’t it?

You know maybe I should just go for it, it’s the perfect size and it’s on sale… I just hope that Etoile Home ships to Germany!

Did you notice? Not only do they carry my beloved blanket but you can find fabulously eclectic pillows, bedding, kitchen linens, fabric off the bolt, etc. As I looked over the photos I thought of how lovely they were styled and you know what, Shani Beadle (owner) is a well known fashion and interiors photographer and stylist in London (by way of Canada) which explains everything, now doesn’t it?

(top image from livingetc all others from etoile home)

Posted by decor8 in bedroom, shopping, textiles on November 06, 2008

1. magikquilter commented
    November 6th, 2008 at 8:46pm

It certainly is a beautifully styled photoshoot …am taking notes!!

The crochet blankie is stunning…and white….so I guess you will be adding an accent colour? The green/yellow mix they have in that shot is great but it is a limitless palette really. You are going to keep us guessing …I can see!!
    I say go for it…unless you can find a handmade one…wonder what price the ones on etsy would be? Astronomical maybe….might check it out!

magikquilters last blog post: A Win For Humanity

2. drey commented
    November 6th, 2008 at 9:05pm

hi holly, i was excited (for some silly reason) to see the vintage print of Nicola by Shabner in one of those pictures :)

i got one 2 months ago from eBay and it graces our fireplace. now it needs other vintage art companions… (cos non-design/art savvy friends visiting have asked if she is one of our ancestors! hehe)

I wrote about her today (again)… thanks for the reminder :)

dreys last blog post: My typewriter corner

3. kristina commented
    November 6th, 2008 at 11:54pm

ah…the inspiration file…I have an inspiration file cabinet! You know that moment when you’ve resigned yourself to only ever loving something from affar, in a photo, always just out of reach…then – as luck would have it – it CAN be yours! Are you excited? Are you nervous? will it live up to your expectations?

You must take the plunge! buy this beautiful blanket!

Now if you can help me with the picture of Brad Pitt I have in my file cabinet…

kristinas last blog post: Artistic Talent… A Hereditary Trait

4. shill commented
    November 7th, 2008 at 2:24am

i love, the clock, birdcage, cushions…who am i kidding, i love them all!!!

5. alis commented
    November 7th, 2008 at 5:19am

I think it’s still a bit expensive because it seems very thin, more like a nice tablecloth than a bedspread. You will only be able to use crisp white sheets underneath. And not that it matters but the living etc. one is made of hexagons(which makes it look more like a bedspread).

aliss last blog post: Hallway Accents

6. steven commented
    November 7th, 2008 at 11:05am

hey holly, if they dont ship to germany im more than happy to get it for you and send it over, i can get to most of the london based shops very easily, if one of them has it ?.. let me know, im sure they will ship though.
    have a great weekend. x

stevens last blog post: i got more lovely stuff

7. karen commented
    November 7th, 2008 at 3:18pm

I say crochet it yourself. For the same money you could take some crochet lessons, get a good quality yarn and start with a not so difficult hexagon pattern. Besides, I agree that the bedspread from Etoile looks quite thin for what it’s intended. DIY Holly!

karens last blog post: Craft Magazines from 1979

8. Zoe Chen commented
    November 8th, 2008 at 12:48am

Oh~~~the bed really kills me! How can they set it up so rich and so white! I’m going to keep this reference forever!

Zoe Chens last blog post: Illustrated note card set of 5

9. Shani from ?toile commented
    November 9th, 2008 at 5:48am

We do ship to Germany!! Get in touch and we’ll work something out.
    Thanks for all your kind thoughts.

10. natasha commented
    November 10th, 2008 at 12:37pm

Holly,

I am sure you you already considered eBay finds,
    for example this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350120255941&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNA:US:1123

I was searching for knitted afghan or bedspread, some of them have really nice geometrical patterns and not expensive at all.

natashas last blog post: november | december