New: Project Announcement – Kindred

The best things in life are often FREE… :) I’m very excited to share a new project under the name Kindred. I’ve teamed up with Heather “Ez” Pudewa from Creature Comforts because we share many of the same dreams and passions and feel as though we are kindred spirits, though we’ve never met in person we have a strong online (and telephone) friendship that really means a lot to us. We thought it would be fun to work on mini projects together, collaborating with artists in the process, and sharing the results with all of you. That’s what Kindred is all about…

The first and current project under Kindred is called, “Wallpapered Together.? Through this project we hope to:

• Bring a seasonally curated selection of art and photography to your desktop on a quarterly basis.
  • Show our ongoing support of the independent online community by sharing the work of 5-8 accomplished and budding talents per quarter (at no charge to the artists or to you).
  • Share some of our favorite talents with the many friends we’ve made online over the years – a little way of saying thanks to you, our blog readers.

The artists participating in this season?s lineup of wallpapers were asked to create around the theme, “Winter: Dreams.” We see winter as a joyous time but also a resting period, when nature takes a much needed break, people slow down, much hot chocolate is enjoyed by warm fires, and time is spent considering plans for the new year…dreaming of what will come. The artists who have joined us for the launch of this exciting project are listed below. You can find their individual desktop wallpapers along with more information about them, their inspiration for the image, a few dreams of their own, and of course download instructions here.

Many of you, like us, may have your own kindred spirits online, those who encourage, share, motivate, comfort… Kindred is a mini celebration of such friendships formed inside the delicate and vast online web, showing the power of friendship and how kindred spirits can pull together to do creative and fun things all in out of love for art and design. Happiness truly comes from giving and receiving, Kindred is our gift to share with all of you. Enjoy!

A special thanks to Jen, Samantha, Tara, Kerry, Marie-Klara for helping us with the launch — we love your wallpapers and couldn’t have done it without your participation!

See the wallpaper gallery and download your favorites right here.

Psst: You can expect additional desktop wallpapers in a few months, our Spring release of Wallpapered Together will be sometime mid March. Summer will release in June and Autumn in September. Stay tuned!

(images from kindred)

Posted by decor8 in Arts + Crafts, small business on November 17, 2008

1. Shanon commented
    November 17th, 2008 at 6:34pm

Oh my gosh! This is so exciting! =)
    I love this idea and the artists you’ve chosen to start with are all amazing and inspirational. I had to pull myself away from your new site to come back here and leave a comment.
    *Yippee* This is very neat. You two are the sweetest, Holly & Ez! Well done.

Shanons last blog post: I’m just too Lucky!

2. rachael commented
    November 17th, 2008 at 6:43pm

this is wonderful! congratulations to both of you on a fab project!!

rachaels last blog post: this title is irrelevant

3. cindy k commented
    November 17th, 2008 at 7:04pm

such a lovely project and so wonderful during this time of year. the artwork you’re featuring is lovely. thanks to both of you and the incredible artists.

cindy ks last blog post: life : movies + home

4. Trina commented
    November 17th, 2008 at 7:07pm

I love this! Absolutely brilliant and beautiful! Yay !!!

Trinas last blog post: Poppytalk Handmade {Holiday Market}

5. steven commented
    November 17th, 2008 at 7:15pm

what a lovely heart beat increasing idea… not suprising really coming from 2 of the best blogs out there..x

stevens last blog post: this is so true

6. decor8 commented
    November 17th, 2008 at 7:25pm

Steven you always make my day. boom boom bada boom!

7. nice-etc commented
    November 17th, 2008 at 7:37pm

this is a very nice idea and is such a natural progression. very excited about this :) and the artists are all lovely of course! <3 caitlin

8. nichole commented
    November 17th, 2008 at 7:37pm

Wonderful idea, and I love all of the wallpapers!

nicholes last blog post: All the Leaves are Brown …

9. amy williams commented
    November 17th, 2008 at 7:38pm

Love this post, I just linked to it from another source and now here you are a favorite blogger sharing it as well :)
    Beautiful and inspiring

amy williamss last blog post: Happy Holiday Decorating

10. Natalie commented
    November 17th, 2008 at 7:51pm

This is so great, thank you! I’m always on the search for ways to bring beauty and personality to my work space, and I think desktop wallpapers are a perfect way to do that.

11. molly commented
    November 17th, 2008 at 7:59pm

This is such a lovely collaboration! Thanks so much, Holly and Ez, for sharing your passions with us!

mollys last blog post: We have a winner….

12. Melissa de la Fuente commented
    November 17th, 2008 at 8:20pm

Oh wow! I cannot think of a lovelier collaboration! The talented and beautiful pair of you! this is gorgeous hun and so VERY exciting! YAY! I love all of these “winter dreams” and cannot wait to check it all out! What a lovely, lovely thing and yes, there is so much beauty and happiness in giving and receiving!
    Thank you!
    xo
    Melis

13. iHanna commented
    November 17th, 2008 at 8:25pm

What a nice project to do – and such wonderful images! I’ve already set my new desktop for the rest of November – thank you!

iHannas last blog post: Make 2009 your Art Journaling Year

14. julieann commented
    November 17th, 2008 at 8:48pm

Oh I must agree with Steve! Ez and Holly together as team? Watch out…we are in for some true inspiration! Congrats, what a fantastic idea! I look forward to changing wallpapers every other week, now to decide which one to use first : )

julieanns last blog post: Monday Morning Happy!

15. bandelle commented
    November 18th, 2008 at 12:11am

This is such a lovely project, Holly and Ez. Thank you! Even though I have not met either of you (or comment nearly enough), I’ve always noticed that there is touch of gentleness in your work, blogs, and writing. You both bring such a fresh but soft start to my day. What a wonderful collaboration…with great artists too…

Kylie

bandelles last blog post: Tranquil living with Susan Ferrier

16. Clare commented
    November 18th, 2008 at 7:31am

What fun to work on such an original and exciting project. I really loved reading about the inspiration behind the artists who contributed to the wallpapers.

Clares last blog post: white hot…

17. Diana commented
    November 18th, 2008 at 10:26am

What a great collaboration idea! I love the wallpapers thus far – can’t wait to see more results from your new project.

Dianas last blog post: 2009 Calendar – December!

18. Elissa commented
    November 18th, 2008 at 10:58am

What a wonderful project! I can’t wait to see what else comes out of it. Now I have to decide which one I want to use!

Elissas last blog post: Our Bedroom

19. samantha hahn commented
    November 18th, 2008 at 11:15am

Holly, thanks so much for inviting me to contribute I had so much fun creating my winter dreama and I adore the other artist’s work as well! Hope your readers enjoy….
    you are wonderful.
    Samantha

samantha hahns last blog post: Genius wedding invitation by Matt Dorfman

20. Angelique commented
    November 18th, 2008 at 11:33am

Wow, what a great idea! Thank you to both of you. There is only one problem….which one do I choose? I’m going to have to set up a rotation I think ;)

have a great day!

Angeliques last blog post: Autumn drawing and New chair

21. Vica (Flying Umbrellas) commented
    November 18th, 2008 at 11:43am

What a lovely project. Thank you for sharing with us your lovely ideas about simple, beautiful things that are behind these great artists. Just in perfect time, as the winter is just behind the window…

Vica
    (or Victoria, as I introduced myself at the decor8/DaWanda workshop in Berlin)

22. heather smith jones commented
    November 18th, 2008 at 12:03pm

It’s a great idea and now I’m enjoying looking at Jen’s beautiful photo on my desktop. Thank you ladies!

heather smith joness last blog post: seeing stars

23. yasmine commented
    November 18th, 2008 at 4:52pm

awesome project! :) i love samatha’s work.

yasmines last blog post: Fall Bunnies

24. Lisa Tilse commented
    November 19th, 2008 at 12:44pm

Congrats Holly and Ez – what a fantastic concept. I love the artists you’ve chosen and as always I love the way you inspire and nurture creativity. Brilliant. Can’t wait for more!

Lisa Tilses last blog post: To Restore or Not to Restore…

25. kathryn commented
    November 19th, 2008 at 4:18pm

what a brilliant idea, you and Ez are a wonderful team and with a wonderful plan ! and i loved your piece about it and that its called Kindred.
    going to browse the downloads now. i see you know Marie-Klara too! i’ve just been chatting with her on Flickr lately I LOVE her work
    kisses Kat x

26. gretchenmist/belinda commented
    November 19th, 2008 at 6:18pm

this is a great project :)
    for artists and lovers of art!

27. Melanie commented
    November 19th, 2008 at 10:26pm

What a sweet way to share more art and promote more artists! I LOVE my new desktop!

28. Tamara commented