Objects

Home Base Collections

November 21, 2008

Before you head off for the weekend, click on over to Home Base Collections to view Leanne Culy’s gorgeous range of textiles for the home from table runners & napkins to lamp shades, and cushions in three sizes. She has greeting cards and her fabric looks so good as upholstery too. Have you heard of this NZ home grown business launched by artist Leanne?

Leanne Culy spent most of her life as a stylist in the film industry and in graphic design. She currently works out of her studio creating artwork on vintage oars (you can see one of these oars in the photo below) and to Home Base Collections designing the gorgeous textiles and greeting cards that you see here. These patterns of flax, lace, teapots, the tiki, shells, etc. are very “New Zealand” and the colorways mimic her surroundings perfectly. They are also eco-friendly. Bonus!

Home Base Collections is new to America so there is only one store that stocks them and it’s in California at Botany Desire Boutique Apothecary & Spa in Ridgecrest. Please contact them directly for pricing and ordering information.

Interested in renting a beach house? This beauty is a private home directly on Haumoana Beach, Hawke’s Bay, New Zealand, and styled by Leanne Culy. It has a very distinct kiwi beach vibe… feast your eyes. Love this kitchen, so much.

I’m sitting here laughing as I wrap up this post…a beach house of all things to blog about today right after a post about doilies and winter decorating. It is currently snowing kittens and puppies as I look out of my window. I smell wood stoves a-burnin’. Tomorrow morning I’m going to a flea market in all of this snow to hunt vintage German textiles. I’m about as far away from warm summers at the beach as I can possibly be and yet I’m still inspired and completely smitten by this beach-y sunny collection and find these patterns completely stunning. Go figure. :) Inspiration is a funny thing, you know?

(photography: Brian Culy)

11 Comments

• Reply Luphia November 21, 2008 at 7:27 pm

what beautiful photos, her fabrics are so gorgeous! love the patterns & the pastel colours

snowing? sounds great, wish we could get some snow here too, it’s quite cold today 0C, so maybe I’m in luck!

Luphias last blog post: Vintage Friday: Typewriter Part I

• Reply Shell November 21, 2008 at 8:17 pm

OMG Holly -= you have just made me soooo soooo sooo homesick for New Zealand reading this post!!!.. and it is summer there right now!

• Reply Kristan November 22, 2008 at 12:33 am

Wow, what beautiful fabrics and decor! And that beach home is to die for. No really, who do I have to kill to get it? (Okay, not REALLY really…) :P

Happy weekend!

Kristans last blog post: Happy birthday to me! Congratulations to?

• Reply Charlotte Tollst November 22, 2008 at 4:55 am

That beach house looks sooooo sweet! Im in love with it.

Charlotte Tollst?ns last blog post: A blue morning

• Reply Sandra@Botany's Desire November 22, 2008 at 1:43 pm

Hi There,
    Thank you for listing our information as the United States source for The Home Base Collection. We are presently working on specific design choices for our boutique and deciding on our official ship date. Product should start arriving in California right after Christmas.

Anyone interested in the line can email me to be added to our list of people interested. I will emailing everyone once I have a specific arrival date. I will ship anywhere in the United States, Caribbean and Canada.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.
    Sandra

Sandra@Botany’s Desires last blog post:

• Reply Tina November 22, 2008 at 2:50 pm

That is one fearless deer in the third picture – awwww, and its baby, too. Wait, are they … dead?

• Reply julieann November 22, 2008 at 7:49 pm

Thanks for the introduction, Home Base is such a sweet site! There are so many pieces I want to purchase! Love it!!!

julieanns last blog post: How to Thursday – Shake it up, the new Colors

• Reply Julia November 24, 2008 at 1:10 am

fantastic to arrive at your site today and see that you too have fallen for the awesome ranges from Home Base Collections! I just blogged about Leanne this morning…I am totally in love with her style.
    Enjoy the Kiwi creativity!
    J :)

Julias last blog post: take me home

• Reply lindsey clare November 24, 2008 at 9:55 pm

LOVE that beach house! i’m going to have to google Leanne Culy to find out more about her. that is my kinda style – clean, light, relaxed and cosy. and just a little bit kitsch.

lindsey clares last blog post: Friday Flickr Favourites 21-11-08

• Reply ChrysRT November 26, 2008 at 1:45 am

So please to see some Kiwi eye candy! Plenty of creativity over there! And I am a fan of Home Base Collections! Thanks Holly! I miss the snow…

• Reply Bess November 26, 2008 at 6:37 am

What a great kitchen – especially love the little red fridge! Ahhh summer….