I feel like there are so many great shops on Etsy right now that to simply mention 5 is not enough today. I’m going for 10 if that’s okay with you (just for today!). Plus it’s a short work week, I’m taking Thursday and Friday off so I can give you a little extra since you’ll have to go without for a few days… Ah, it’s okay though! Logging off of the internet for a bit is super beneficial — I think we all should ‘step away from the web’ for at least one day now and then. I’m stepping away Thursday, Friday, and all day Saturday and maybe even Sunday because I haven’t done that in a very long while and I feel like there is this need to do so. I’ve been feeling super inspired lately but like many of you, have lacked follow through so I plan to jump on some of my projects while I’m not blogging… I am very excited to take a brief pause you know? Can you relate to this need to step back for a few days and unleash your creativity? No Facebook, no email, nothing… I can’t wait. But I’ll have to wait… because it’s time for Etsy Take Five Tuesday! I’ve promised you 10 shops today so how ’bout I stop talking and let you start looking and clicking around. Ready? Go!
2. Sound Revolution – This body of work by an Australian graphic designer and illustrator is inspired by the conflicting and harmonious relationships that the urban environment has with the natural world. I find this an interesting theme and enjoy seeing some of the stags here and there. Stags are everywhere lately, especially in stores in Germany. Is it the same in America at the moment? Stags as a motif?
4. New Fashioned Whispers – I found this shop over at Melissa Loves today, and the moment I saw the snowflake earrings that Melissa featured I purchased them because they are delightful for winter and very Anthropologie without the often high price tag. This shop has gorgeous jewelry with an old fashioned twist, so girly, some art decor pieces, and they are affordable — especially if you compare them with what you find at some of our favorite retail chain stores. Eek! Thanks for the tip, Melissa! (she always finds the sweetest things.)
5. Naoko’s Stoop – “Aw…” That’s the first word that came out of my mouth the second I opened the page of this darling little etsy shop. Naoka was born in Tokyo (hence this gorgeous style she has) and now lives in Brooklyn, New York. Great work, especially her pieces on wood.
6. Track and Field Designs – This is one of my favorite little crafty shops and I’m constantly doing an online drive by to see if Sasha has listed anything new. Well this time I scored because I found a few newish things that I like, sweet to add in gift packs for friends or to give to your nieces (or okay, yourself).
7. Fiery Eyed – Oh Jenifer Altman, what you do to me! She is such a beam of light, wow. Her work always impresses me, with every new photo I’m amazed. More Jenifer here on her ::website:: or her blog ::Nectar and Light::
8. Shup(G) – Lydia Wong loves a good charm necklace, she makes so many creative ones too! Lydia is offering a 10% discount until December 15, 2008 on purchases totaling $50 and above. She will amend the invoice once she receives notification of your purchase. Charmed, I’m sure!
9. Nancy Tobin – Nancy’s paintings are wild, imaginative, magical… and so colorful! I can envision one of? prints in a very modern white space or even an artsy colorful apartment against painted walls in bold jewel tones like midnight blue or purple. Her work can fit into so many different decors. Nancy has been an artist for many years, her illustrations have appeared in magazines and children’s books, she has designed toys for Hasbro and graphic design for Herman Miller. Quite a lady! More of Nancy here::Nancy Tobin Blog:: or ::website::
How was that round up? What did you like best? Any new to you?
(images from shops linked above)