uncategorized

So Long, Farewell, auf Wiedersehen, Goodbye!

November 26, 2008

Today is my final day of work for this week, I’ve decided that since I run my own business I am entitled to take normal holidays off just like everyone else. Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and though no one observes it here in Germany, I decided that I am taking it off anyway! I’m also taking Friday off so I can enjoy a much needed 4 day weekend. Yippee! I can’t wait to unplug from the computer for a few days and jump into some crafting projects. I want to make several mini paintings for friends, work on some projects around my apartment, and just enjoy the last 3 weeks in Germany as I leave in 22 days (wahhh!) and head back to the states for the winter. Tomorrow begins the annual Weihnachtsm?rkte for the next three weeks so I’ll be out and about with my camera and of course, my wallet! I love to shop at these little vendors, I usually don’t spend much money but I do enjoy all of the treats and wooden toys. I am so looking forward to this short vacation.

Here are some of my current Flickr faves. Please click here to view them all, you can click on the mini photos once you are on Flickr to view them in full size. Pay special attention to the little fox. Once you click on him you will find the most lovely story.

Have a bright and beautiful few days and since you’re an international crowd and not all celebrate Thanksgiving since it’s primarily an American holiday, I’ll simply wish you a lovely time doing whatever it is that you will do until we meet again. I’ll see you on Monday, December 1st.

“I’m glad… to go…. I cannot tell a lie… so Long, Farewell, auf Wiedersehen, Goodbye….I leave and heave a sigh and say goodbye!” – Lyrics from the Sound of Music.

xo,
Holly

(image from flickr)

You Might Also Like

25 Comments

• Reply misspenny November 26, 2008 at 9:09 pm

hi, weidersehen is wrong;-( wiedersehen would be right;-)

• Reply Stratos November 26, 2008 at 9:34 pm

Have a great Thanksgiving Holly! I will be in Kaiserslautern from Saturday until the 7th of December and it will be the first time in a Weihnachtsm?rkte for me!!! Cannot wait!

Stratoss last blog post: Muzine One Year Birthday Party in Thessaloniki

• Reply alia November 26, 2008 at 10:10 pm

Good for you, Holly! Have a lovely weekend and please share some of your Christmas crafts with us. I know they will be divine.

alias last blog post: JADEITE Fire-King Dishes

• Reply carrie November 26, 2008 at 11:36 pm

You deserve the break Holly, good for you for taking the long weekend to relax and enjoy. I hope you have a lovely holiday weekend even though they don’t celebrate it over there. I’m thankful for you and all the inspiration, thought-provoking conversation and happiness that you bring to us on a daily basis.

Loads of hugs to you!

carries last blog post: i’m here!!

• Reply Melissa de la Fuente November 27, 2008 at 12:11 am

Enjoy your well-deserved rest my dear! These are such beautiful images and I cannot wait to read the story about the little fox! Thank you and have a wonderful time!
    xo
    Melis

• Reply Nicole from : For the Love of Food November 27, 2008 at 5:15 am

Oh, how exciting! It’s nice to hear of another American blogger here in Germany. Our local Weinachtsmarkt starts today too! I’m so excited. What part of Germany are you in? I’m in Bavarian in a city next to N?rnberg.

Nicole from : For the Love of Foods last blog post: My *new* Kitchen – A Tour

• Reply julieann November 27, 2008 at 9:55 am

It’s Thanksgiving and what better time to express an ENORMOUS thank you for all you do. You are a fantastically creative person who continues to inspire, support, give generously and encourage all of us! I am so incredibly grateful to have met you through Decor8 years ago! Thank YOU!!!! Enjoy your much deserved time off
    xo
    julie

julieanns last blog post: A few more thankful accents

• Reply Jessica November 27, 2008 at 10:10 am

Hey Holly,
    I hope you have a nice little break.
    If you like Weihnachtsm?rkte, maybe this is something for you:

I had a booth in Hamburg last year, and will have one in Berlin as well this year and it?s really a nice and colorful event.

Take care
    Jessica

Jessicas last blog post: Es geht voran

• Reply Frida/Husmusen November 28, 2008 at 2:41 am

Just wanted to let you and your readers know that H&M Home has launched its new collection on a press event yesterday. I have lots of pictures!

Have a wonderful vacation! Take care.

Frida/Husmusens last blog post: Bilder fr?n pressvisningen av H&M Home!

• Reply QC Blinds November 28, 2008 at 6:01 am

Bye have a lovely holiday. I too am going on a well deserved holiday in two weeks. I just love your blog and will be returning to visit.

• Reply Petra :-) November 28, 2008 at 5:03 pm

Happy Thanksgiving :-) I?ll give you a ring against the “Lord of the ring” ;-) tomorrow afternoon when I?ll be back in the studio ;-)

Petra :-)s last blog post: western sahara fabric :-)

• Reply Bess November 28, 2008 at 5:10 pm

I’ll be at the Weihnachtsmarkt too! Only not in Deutschland, but here in Vienna. There are so many to see, I love how the German countries get in on the Christmas action early! Enjoy your Gl?hwein!

• Reply Maia November 28, 2008 at 5:40 pm

Wonderful collection – I love the fox.

Enjoy.

Maias last blog post:

• Reply magikquilter November 28, 2008 at 9:55 pm

Enjoy the time off disconnected from the distractions of the internet. Am sure you are going to pack a lot in and really enjoy your time off…with absolutely no withdrawal symptoms at all!

magikquilters last blog post: Reverse progression?or is that regression?

• Reply Kristi @ Addicted 2 Decorating November 28, 2008 at 11:09 pm

Hope you’re having a lovely 4-day weekend! I just clicked on the little fox picture and spent the last half hour or so falling in love with Freddy the Fox. That just made my night!

Kristi @ Addicted 2 Decoratings last blog post: More Fantastic Exteriors

• Reply N + S November 29, 2008 at 4:17 am

Happy holiday! Great photo roundup.

N + Ss last blog post: weekend words

• Reply carlotta et annie November 29, 2008 at 9:19 am

that little freddy fox is just so damn CUTE !! have a lovely weekend,
    carlotta

carlotta et annies last blog post: etsy selection # 4

• Reply nichole November 29, 2008 at 11:59 am

We’re headed to Germany in a few days, and I can’t wait to go to Rothenburg with the kids. My colleagues insist that we go to this charming little town, and it sounds lovely. I’m also looking forward to getting a glimpse of Germany over the holidays – I’ve never been in December.

Enjoy your days off!

nicholes last blog post: Gift Guides

• Reply Connie November 29, 2008 at 5:02 pm

How’s your little vacation going? Hope all is well.

Connies last blog post: Thanks for playgrounds and hobos

• Reply Tita Carr November 30, 2008 at 1:40 am

Hi i loved sound of the music too, i loved your blog, it is beauty.
    Oi, adorei teu blog, se tiveres interesse em trocar links, me manda um email ou deixe uma mensagem no meu blog sobre artesanato em geral http://agulhaetricot.blogspot.com/,visite-me,atenciosamente

Tita Carr?s last blog post: Meus paninhos

• Reply carrie November 30, 2008 at 1:46 am

Enjoy your time off! Can’t wait to see what you come up with! :)

• Reply Janelle November 30, 2008 at 1:54 pm

I realized how addicted I was to your website when I read your title, ?So Long, Farewell, auf Wiedersehen, Goodbye!?, and wondered if you were discontinuing your blog. It’s amazing what pops into the mind when we see something like that. I’m always excited each day to see what you have to say and what pictures you’ve posted. I’m glad you took some time off and I hope you had a happy Thanksgiving!

• Reply emerson merrick November 30, 2008 at 2:55 pm

I can’t believe the last photo in the set is Freddie the fox hit by a car. I think I’m going to go cry now.

emerson merricks last blog post: "Rolling Homes"

• Reply Elisabeth December 1, 2008 at 2:47 am

Eat, sleap and rest well!

• Reply American Modern Living December 1, 2008 at 1:48 pm

I wish you enjoy your break. The paintings looks great. Really a nice collection.

Thanks for posting.