uncategorized

I’m Having Issues!

December 4, 2008

You know when things are going just so perfectly and then all of a sudden everything turns upside down in a matter of seconds? Oh yes, you say. This describes what happened to my dear blog just last night so this is a quick little post to let you all know that I’m angry at my blog today because it has misbehaved quite badly.

You see friends, something very bad happened last night and I have a lot of work today to restore lots of lost content, work that my super genius husband is helping me with, and so far we’ve been able to rebuild many of the pages but it’s a lot of work! I’ve been reading all of your emails asking why some of the ‘tabs’ are no longer working right, some are linking to strange destinations, and all of my domestic and international shop links are missing, as well as about 75% of my visual blogroll. Oh yes, fun times! If you no longer see your blog listed on the blogroll pages please do not think it was intentional and I’m a meanie and pulled yours down. No, no… I’m trying to restore all of them so some are showing, others still need to be added. The one beautiful thing about this entire screw up is that I’m learning more about WordPress and how this whole thing works than ever before so in a way I will walk away from this experience with knowledge of something that I knew little about before this mess. That’s good, right? Truly a forced education.

Okay, so while I’m working to get decor8 back to normal I’ll continue to hang out with you online today posting random thoughts as I work. Hope you are all doing well today, better than me anyway. I’m staying positive and working diligently to get things back in order, I assume I’ll be finished by this time next year perhaps? :)

Let’s talk about something fun for a moment… some of you asked to see my mini paintings that I mentioned working on recently. One is shown in the photo above. The others are gifts so of course I cannot post them anywhere because my friends read this blog and it would ruin the surprise. I made the painting shown above using a mini chipboards in white (here are some that are similar from Michael’s in the states) from the craft store, found papers, acrylic paint, and decoupage glue. It was very easy, I suggest making them for yourself or for friends as they are perfect for decorating or hanging from string to create a mobile. You can even use them as gift tags that your friends can actually keep and cherish for years to come.

xo,
Holly

16 Comments

• Reply samantha hahn December 4, 2008 at 11:01 am

oh how frustrating!!!! Hang in there dear Holly…and I love your little paintings.

samantha hahns last blog post: This is how I feel lately?

• Reply Colleen in MA December 4, 2008 at 11:40 am

Oh no! What a frustrating event! Just hang in there and know that all of your readers appreciate your work … sending good vibes to you and hubby today! Keep that positive attitude!

• Reply Jason Thompson December 4, 2008 at 11:58 am

So sorry Holly – nice to hear you keeping your spirits up by looking at this as a learning experience. But I know what a minefield WordPress can be. I’m sure you can have lots of help from your readers if the two of you get REALLY frustrated. Count me in if things get really bad. Good luck!

• Reply Tabitha (From Single to Married) December 4, 2008 at 12:08 pm

You poor thing – i definitely know the feeling! My blog was completely wiped out once but thankfully we were able to recover it. Good luck!

Tabitha (From Single to Married)s last blog post: Washington DC – Dupont Circle

• Reply Rita Vindedzis December 4, 2008 at 12:44 pm

Very frustrating!! I know you’ll have things up and running as usual in no time. I really think that little painting you made is gorgeous. I really like the color scheme you chose, and of course you know how partial I am to the bird motif too!! Thanks for sharing Holly.

Rita Vindedziss last blog post: "White Slate" a group show at Leonardo Gallery, Toronto.

• Reply Karli December 4, 2008 at 12:54 pm

I am soo sorry. I know how frustrating that can be. Love your prints.

• Reply carrie December 4, 2008 at 1:40 pm

what a bummer Holly! was following your tweets and could tell it’s been a ton of work getting everything back online. any idea what happened in the first place to cause it? sometimes technology isn’t as perfect as it sometimes seems!

i appreciate how much work you’re putting into your blog on a daily basis and that includes keeping all of the sidebar and other content going and up to date. it’s really a lovely site all around!!

hugs!

carries last blog post: back to work!

• Reply decor8 December 4, 2008 at 2:00 pm

You are such a nice bunch. :) Thank you…
    Carrie oh yes, I know what did it so we have been diligently running around trying to fix things. I think we are back to nearly 100% now though, only 16 hours of work, not bad as I thought it would take a few weeks. That scared me to death.

• Reply Kristan December 4, 2008 at 2:27 pm

Oy, so glad you got it fixed, I know what a PAIN that problem can be. Out of curiosity, is the problem something you can share to warn us fellow WordPress users? Or was it specific to your site?

Kristans last blog post: iPhone coffee table

• Reply Ez December 4, 2008 at 2:48 pm

Oh no Holly! I’m just sick for you over this! So stressful! As always you have made something that would turn most of us into balls of rage, into a lovely and inspiring learning experience. We can all learn a lesson (or 10) from you my dear! Hope everything is sorted out quickly.
    Hugs and love.
    Ez

Ezs last blog post: Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers for Babies + Kids

• Reply kickpleat December 4, 2008 at 3:19 pm

looks like all is back to great again! technology crashes and blog issues are the worst so i hope it wasn’t too stressful.

kickpleats last blog post: crafty extravaganza: the beautiful project around town

• Reply Nicole from : For the Love of Food December 4, 2008 at 3:40 pm

Oh, I know the feeling you are talking about.. My blog was hacked this summer. Luckily I make back-ups, but I permanently lost about 30 posts…

my heart goes out to you..

Nicole from : For the Love of Foods last blog post: My *new* Kitchen – A Tour

• Reply Sarah December 4, 2008 at 3:42 pm

Oh, how scary! Hang in there, HOlly!

Sarahs last blog post: Hello! Lucky Holiday Cards Make Me Want to Deck the Halls

• Reply Amisha December 6, 2008 at 1:36 pm

Thank you for sharing your mini paintings. These are lovely and very inspiring!

Amishas last blog post: The Red Coats Are Coming

• Reply Amisha December 6, 2008 at 1:40 pm

Thank you for sharing the mini paintings. These are lovely and very inspiring.

Amishas last blog post: The Red Coats Are Coming