uncategorized

Happy Weekend!

December 12, 2008

I wish all of you a happy weekend, this is my last one in Germany until May since I leave next Thursday so I’ll be busy saying goodbye to all of my friends and family here (wahhhh), and a have a few parties to attend tomorrow. I’ll see you all on Monday, for sure!

Have a great time whatever you do. Work a little, play a little, hug a little, craft a little…

Happy trails! xo, Holly

(image from Geninne on Flickr, you have to see her home in Mexico, drool…. Click here for those.)

You Might Also Like

13 Comments

• Reply Shanon December 12, 2008 at 6:22 pm

I hope your last weekend is full of everything you enjoy! Have a wonderful time, and hug the heck out of everyone. =)

Shanons last blog post: Things in Jars

• Reply Pea December 12, 2008 at 8:31 pm

I love Geninne’s work too..her house is just picture perfect ! Have a nice weekend! Tschüss,Pea

Peas last blog post: Christmas in Zürich

• Reply Kristan December 12, 2008 at 8:51 pm

Oh wow, love this shot, and the Flickr is full of awesome! Have a great last weekend (till next summer) in Germany!

Kristans last blog post: Eye on Etsy: Joom

• Reply megan December 13, 2008 at 1:05 am

What a lovely and inspiring photo! I definitely plan to get a lot done this weekend-shopping and wrapping presents, drinking hot chocolate by the fire, and decorating the tree. Should be a lovely weekend-hope you have a grand one as well!

• Reply Taylor December 13, 2008 at 1:57 am

Enjoy your last weekend and may it be a long one!

I’ll be finishing up on my Christmas shopping and going to the festival of tree’s in my town and then wrapping gifts.
    That’s my weekend in a nutshell!

Taylors last blog post: Christmas for You

• Reply ROOM design studio December 13, 2008 at 4:14 am

have a happy weekend and travel safe!!

Amazing picture!

ROOM design studios last blog post: Tea ROOM with a Charm

• Reply LuLu December 13, 2008 at 8:11 am

Safe travels.

LuLus last blog post: Elves

• Reply Roberta December 14, 2008 at 11:53 pm

Have a safe trip home!

• Reply diana baur December 15, 2008 at 6:59 am

Holly, Komm gut nach Hause — Gute Reise. Viel Spaß in Amerika!

I find myself checking in and peeling off the layers of this site more and more. It has helped me the last few days get some of my own design thoughts in order. You are an inspiration –thank you for that. Reading some of your older posts when you first came to Germany reminded me of my first months in Germany — it was before the time of blogging and I felt quite lost and often lonely– my husband is also German and for him coming back to Germany was like putting on an old comfortable pair of slippers, whereas it took much more time for me to find shoes that fit at all. Eventually I made friends — and as you have probably learned, it takes time to make friends in Northern Germany but once you make friends with someone, the friendship is a lasting one. I have found this to be true.

Anyway, I just wanted to send you a heartfelt Danke and wish you a safe trip.

• Reply Anon. December 15, 2008 at 1:43 pm

Oh Diana, I second everything you have said! Moving to a Germanic country can make you feel so isolated and alone. People are friendly here, but everything takes time. Not have any friends for months on end can really drive a person mad!

But you are absolutely correct–this is a blog that can really help us Ausländer realize that we are not alone in our frustrations with integration into a germanic country! So thank you, Holly, for all of your help and inspiration. Over the past few months, you have introduced me to resources that have been a tremendous help in terms of my settlement here. I wish you a safe journey to America and I am already eagerly awaiting your return!

• Reply Geninne December 15, 2008 at 5:50 pm

You are pure sweetness Holly, thank you so much!
    Hugs :)

• Reply bri December 18, 2008 at 12:29 pm

Is that your studio? I’m a big jealous. I wish that I could get that well organized, or get that much space for that matter!

bris last blog post: Greatest. Packaging. Ever.

• Reply Chels December 18, 2008 at 10:54 pm

this image is so inspiring…I’m still setting up shop for http://iheartchelsyanne.etsy.com and my home studio is still lacking images on the walls. I actually have the same mobile, but it’s hanging above my daughter’s crib, I may use it the same kind of way once she is done with it.

Beautiful work ^_^