Dreaming of Anna French Wallpaper

You’re going to love this… I was reading Apartment Therapy this morning and my chin hit my desk the second I laid eyes on a post showing Anna French wallpaper from the UK (now available in the U.S. by wallpaper manufacturer Thibaut). Anna’s papers use mold-resistant, vinyl-free papers with green, non-solvent, water-based inks. I love vinyl-free wallpaper, especially with my crazy allergies. Are these not the most charming prints ever?

Amazing. I just did a happy dance in my chair… not because I’ll ever actually own them but due to how much they REALLY appeal to my southern upbringing. I’ve always dreamed of having a home with wallpaper like this, wallpaper that is so typical of an old southern home. Aw. Lovely. The Wild Flora collection is mind blowing (and I’m sure also quite wallet shrinking). Just look at the cabinet below stuffed with these papers, what a gorgeous photo. And don’t miss the blue toile in a shade of blue that is very current bringing toile into the here and now.

I admire how girly these patterns are, they feel like something out of an old movie. They also have this Marie Antoinette vibe. I could wear pretty dresses daily in a home decked out with papers like these… Big fluffy dresses and peep toe shoes. I think Amy Adams from Enchanted would fit nicely in a home like this one, complete with her animal friends and feather duster. :)

(images from anna french)

Posted by decor8 in walls on December 17, 2008

1. Diana commented
    December 17th, 2008 at 10:35am

Oh. my. goodness. That is gorgeous wallpaper! I love the romantic floral patterns paired with the metallics. *swoon*

Her “gilver” shimmer paper is heading for my living room ceiling.

Dianas last blog post: Hump Day Happiness

2. Hummmlan commented
    December 17th, 2008 at 10:35am

These wallpapers are really beautiful! I could totally have those in my bedroom!

Hummmlans last blog post: Giveaway :-)

3. Bohemian Bookworm commented
    December 17th, 2008 at 11:23am

I love this look too. The one thing stopping me (besides my husband) of decorating in these light, airy colors is that they look so dreamy, serene, and peaceful during the day like it would be perfect for a daytime nap…but how does all of that look at night? It seems like the light, airy stuff is always photographed during the day but it would look strange at night. Am I making sense? I think that’s why I’m drawn to deeper tones for the bedroom.

Bohemian Bookworms last blog post: Revenge Vs. Justice

4. Luphia commented
    December 17th, 2008 at 11:46am

wow, so romantic, i hope i’ll be dreaming of these beautiful wallpaper tonight! ;)

Luphias last blog post: Christmas Traditions

5. steven commented
    December 17th, 2008 at 11:53am

hey holly,..little story for you, some years ago when i owned a little independent shop here in london, i organised an exhibition of young designers work, and we were lucky enough to get sponsorship from Anna French Wallpapers, and i had the lucky job of walking around their kings rd showroom followed by an assistant as i said, “ill have that one”, “and that one”..”oh and ill have 2 of them”. and i walked away with a box full of the most amazing wallpapers, and boy how they made us all drool some happy drool when we hung them here there and everywhere, and i still have a tiny roll left that one day soon will make a dark little corner in my life all the more lovely, … so i totally get why your chin hit your desk…just thought i would share…. x

stevens last blog post: i have been away

6. Judit Gueth commented
    December 17th, 2008 at 12:04pm

They look gorgeous!

7. LuLu commented
    December 17th, 2008 at 12:07pm

I love the girly patterns as well. Just so happy, lavish and make you smile. Even on the most gloomy rainy day you would feel good in a room with that wallpaper!!!

LuLus last blog post: Believe

8. megan commented
    December 17th, 2008 at 12:52pm

Oh those wallpapers are just dreamy. These photos look like the just stepped out of a fairy tale storybook.

9. Elizabeth commented
    December 17th, 2008 at 1:33pm

Hi Holly,

I am a long time fan of your blog…love it! The wallpapers you share here are fabulous…the silver and yellow version reminds me of one I recently hung in my powder room by Shand-Kydd. It was a bargain but still has the girly/glam vibe. Here’s a pic:

elizabeth

Elizabeths last blog post:

10. Nancy commented
    December 17th, 2008 at 1:34pm

Wow, those wallpapers are just breathtaking, gorgeous!

Nancys last blog post: Today was the best day ever!

11. pia commented
    December 17th, 2008 at 2:12pm

these wallpapers are divine – i love that first one, oh but having another scroll through them, i love them all!

pias last blog post: amsterdam at christmas time…

12. B commented
    December 17th, 2008 at 3:17pm

I love these so much, that I would actually have a cabinet full of them as part of my decoration! Lovely!

Bs last blog post: London, baby!

13. lush bella commented
    December 17th, 2008 at 3:20pm

i almost fell off my chair when i saw the first image! holly, you should know that you and your blog seem to have that effect on me regularly. love them all, but “bird in the bush” is hands down my favorite. knowing this is, without a doubt, way beyond our means, i called a local stockist anyway. she’s going to call me back with a price. ;)

14. eleise commented
    December 17th, 2008 at 3:35pm

Oh I love these. I really, really love these.

15. carrie commented
    December 18th, 2008 at 2:25pm

That is amazing – I’m really loving the Wild Flora collection – I need to find something for a nook in my living / sitting room.

carries last blog post: Ideas for a Holiday Tea

16. Iheartfashion commented
    December 18th, 2008 at 2:31pm

SO pretty!

Iheartfashions last blog post: Beautiful Things

17. olivier lalin commented
    December 29th, 2008 at 10:54am

Well, yes you have listed three of the best wallpaper brands around – I have been spending days looking for the perfect Classic-chic-Pastel flowery orientated wallpaper for some boudoir photography here in Paris – I did fall in LOVE with some of the Thibaut collection this morning – The only draw back is that the roll is sold at EU 175 in Paris and that is way out of my budget :)

olivier lalins last blog post: Reportage

18. puck commented
    December 30th, 2008 at 10:36pm

i MUST have that wallpaper for my dreamy, girlie closet. i went to the wesite, but the only stockist in kansas is an interior decorator. i just want to BUY the paper, not have someone hang it, etc. pout.

pucks last blog post: Cotswolds