A Lovely Organized Closet

December 22, 2008

Have you ever looked at something someone else did or had and felt like a total loser? I have the fingers on my right hand shaped like an L on my forehead right now all because of Nicole. I still love ya Nicole but my God are you showing us all up. Talk about raising the bar! Look at this closet. OMG.

Seriously, this girl is amazing, she is the younger pregnant Martha Stewart of Chicago. Not only did she wallpaper her dining room 5 months pregnant, but she has the most organized closet in the entire world. I’m not about to re-post all of her photos here, so you’ll have to check out her blog Making It Lovely for the full scoop (and more images) but here’s a glimpse of her seriously awesome closet. I love how she even sketched out how everything is organized. Bravo, mama!

I’m inspired now… I need to whip my closet into shape. How many of you need to work on your closet too? A good post-holiday project, don’t you think?

(images from nicole at making it lovely)

You Might Also Like

• Reply Margie December 22, 2008 at 12:17 pm

I have been obsessed with this since she posted it last week. My collegue said “I don’t put as much effort into my life as she does into her closet!” Makes us all feel like lazy lumps. I just love how everything looks beautiful and accessible. I might just accessorize a bit more if everything was front and center like that. Love Nicole, love her home, love her wardrobe! :)

• Reply lapetitemaison December 22, 2008 at 12:26 pm

Seriously, right? I have Nicole’s closet bookmarked! I work on my closet every so often, but since I live in a rental I can’t do too much with it. I think how I have it right now is the best it’s going to be, unless I get a separate wardrobe like Nicole’s…

lapetitemaisons last blog post: Happy Friday: Last Minute Ideas

• Reply mandy December 22, 2008 at 12:30 pm

yeah, you are so, so right*g* i was thrown away by her pretty organised closed. mine is nice too, but not THAT nice and organised. think, it has a lot to do with nesting*lol*

mandys last blog post: kiss the frog!!!

• Reply j December 22, 2008 at 12:34 pm

My closet is the size of a shoebox, so I don’t really have anything to work on! But I was absolutely drooling at Nicole’s closet. Someday I will have a closet like that!

js last blog post: Wahhhhhhhh

• Reply the sassy kathy December 22, 2008 at 12:36 pm

omg. DROOL!

• Reply Gem December 22, 2008 at 12:39 pm

Wowzers…look at those drawers. I am inspired!

Gems last blog post: I Love the 90s Friday: BBD

• Reply trina December 22, 2008 at 1:25 pm

i get a little weak in the knees over well organized cupboards and closets. :) Oh I sooooo want to re-vamp my closet now!

trinas last blog post: Handmade Bazaar!

• Reply Online Shopping Chick December 22, 2008 at 1:34 pm

Never in a million years could I get my closet to look that organized. This has inspired me to clean it up but dang–that’s a hard act to follow!

Online Shopping Chicks last blog post: Wine Accessory Gifts for Wine Lovers

• Reply suzanne December 22, 2008 at 1:53 pm

Okay, I’m glad I’m not the only one who went gaga over that closet…
    It has definitely inspired me to get my own organized… not til next year though ;)

suzannes last blog post: Sometimes things make me laugh out loud when I read them…

• Reply laura December 22, 2008 at 2:22 pm

what a pleasant surprise to see a necklace that i designed on nicole’s jewelry tree. she is amazing, this organization blows my mind.

lauras last blog post: More snowflake decor

• Reply Anna @ D16 December 22, 2008 at 2:28 pm

Ugh, when Nicole posted those closet photos, I immediately felt like such a SLUG that I had to close the browser window and just sob a little.

I’m one of those people who is pretend-organized. Everything anyone might see is neat as a pin. Everything behind closed doors (or in drawers…or in nice boxes) is a TOTAL DISASTER.

It makes me want to throw everything away and just start over. SIGH.

Anna @ D16s last blog post: Party invitations.

• Reply Vanessa December 22, 2008 at 2:32 pm

Wow only in my dreams could I ever have a closet like that…I’m a lazy bum and would have to start by picking up the clothes that are on the closet floor in piles on top of my shoes…

Vanessas last blog post: Retro Christmas

• Reply Elisa December 22, 2008 at 2:58 pm

Drool that is so nice, my closet really needs something like that!
    I try to be as organized as I can but I have a rail that is seriously bending in the middle and my earings, bracelets etc are everywhere…ughh I need to sort it out!

Elisas last blog post:

• Reply Making it Lovely December 22, 2008 at 3:58 pm

Thanks Holly (and everyone)!

Making it Lovelys last blog post: We’re Expecting…

• Reply Melissa de la Fuente December 22, 2008 at 4:54 pm

Wow! Just awesome….so lovely and inspiring!

• Reply Cynthia December 22, 2008 at 6:01 pm

Fantastic! I’ve been dreaming about wallpapering my closet. It’s not big so I could use $100/roll wallpaper, right?

Cynthias last blog post: Confessions from the blogosphere

• Reply michele December 22, 2008 at 6:31 pm

Now Holly, when you get pregnant (eventually) the syndrome known as “nesting” will overtake you as well. Pregnant women ( it happened to me with both of my babies) become like a a mother hen constructing a nest hence “nesting” You know where I was 12 hours before I gave birth?
    In a coin poerated laundrymat making sure every last detail was done.

My beach cottage (back then it was so so tiny) was spotless and in perfect order. Pregnant women take organization to new levels. If they are lucky (I wasn’t) it continues long after the birth.

Happy Holidays

micheles last blog post: Designer Guild Royal Collection

• Reply Alice Almighty December 22, 2008 at 7:50 pm

I think I would have to first throw out everything in my closet, so that when I re-organized everything in it would be colorful and pretty too… I am a big fan of anyone who does home projects while pregnant!

Truly, Alice

• Reply maja December 22, 2008 at 7:59 pm

i just discovered a mouse hiding in my coat closet this morning…yuck!

majas last blog post: What’s cooking tonight: Pot au Feu

• Reply Lisa December 23, 2008 at 9:34 am

I love your blogg it´s just so wonderful

Lisas last blog post: Fixat lite hemma

• Reply erin lang norris December 23, 2008 at 9:57 am

I totally need to organize my closet. Great post-holiday project indeed!

I want to replace all the ugly plastic hangers with pretty wooden ones but that alone will cost a ton of money! I like going to IKEA to look at their closet set ups. Some of them seem so perfect! I’m not sure that I’d ever buy the actual components from them for a closet (besides hangers) but it’s a great source for ideas.

• Reply erin lang norris December 23, 2008 at 10:01 am

Woah wait a minute, this is from IKEA!? I recall seeing tons of white closets at IKEA but not this one! I might just have to check into this particular set.

• Reply sunny December 23, 2008 at 4:40 pm

Hello? It’s an exact replica of my closet.

No…wait… mine is this big, long, walk in closet that currently houses boxes on the floor that are spilling open in my frantic rush to find my winter hat. And over there? Yeah – that’s a pile of papers to file. And back there? “Stuff” that has no home and no real category. And some clothes on a shelf and on the floor. (tsk tsk, I know)

There’s a reason my neighbor said “Oh. My.” when she saw my closet for the first time. Can I please hire Nicole to drive two hours north and organize my closet for me???

sunnys last blog post: ::Project Cupcake::

• Reply closet organizers December 26, 2008 at 3:17 pm

How do people keep their closets that organized! That takes some work! :)

• Reply jel December 28, 2008 at 2:02 pm

wow, i thought my closet was organized until I saw this. gorgeous!

jels last blog post: Bust Craftacular recap

• Reply Pinky January 3, 2009 at 9:46 am

One of my resolutions is to organize my closet. I think I found my idol :) I know I need a lot of work- so her closet is a good standard on how I can do it :)

Pinkys last blog post: New Years Pressurelutions

• Reply Caitlin January 4, 2009 at 10:27 pm

I don’t think I could be that organized even in my dreams. Nicole is awesome.

Caitlins last blog post: Happy New Year!

• Reply lindsey clare January 7, 2009 at 12:50 am

it really IS lovely, isn’t it? i remember seeing this a while ago and just sighing :)

lindsey clares last blog post: summer so far

• Reply Felecia February 20, 2010 at 2:16 pm

I love your jewelry stands, the tree and the hand, where did you purchase them. I have seen the tree before but can’t remember where.

• Reply Shawn June 20, 2010 at 10:16 pm

Beautiful space, especially for a closet! Who says organization has to be sterile!