A Lovely Organized Closet

Have you ever looked at something someone else did or had and felt like a total loser? I have the fingers on my right hand shaped like an L on my forehead right now all because of Nicole. I still love ya Nicole but my God are you showing us all up. Talk about raising the bar! Look at this closet. OMG.

Seriously, this girl is amazing, she is the younger pregnant Martha Stewart of Chicago. Not only did she wallpaper her dining room 5 months pregnant, but she has the most organized closet in the entire world. I’m not about to re-post all of her photos here, so you’ll have to check out her blog Making It Lovely for the full scoop (and more images) but here’s a glimpse of her seriously awesome closet. I love how she even sketched out how everything is organized. Bravo, mama!

I’m inspired now… I need to whip my closet into shape. How many of you need to work on your closet too? A good post-holiday project, don’t you think?

(images from nicole at making it lovely)

Posted by decor8 in bedroom on December 22, 2008

1. Margie commented
    December 22nd, 2008 at 12:17pm

I have been obsessed with this since she posted it last week. My collegue said “I don’t put as much effort into my life as she does into her closet!” Makes us all feel like lazy lumps. I just love how everything looks beautiful and accessible. I might just accessorize a bit more if everything was front and center like that. Love Nicole, love her home, love her wardrobe! :)

2. lapetitemaison commented
    December 22nd, 2008 at 12:26pm

Seriously, right? I have Nicole’s closet bookmarked! I work on my closet every so often, but since I live in a rental I can’t do too much with it. I think how I have it right now is the best it’s going to be, unless I get a separate wardrobe like Nicole’s…

lapetitemaisons last blog post: Happy Friday: Last Minute Ideas

3. mandy commented
    December 22nd, 2008 at 12:30pm

yeah, you are so, so right*g* i was thrown away by her pretty organised closed. mine is nice too, but not THAT nice and organised. think, it has a lot to do with nesting*lol*

mandys last blog post: kiss the frog!!!

4. j commented
    December 22nd, 2008 at 12:34pm

My closet is the size of a shoebox, so I don’t really have anything to work on! But I was absolutely drooling at Nicole’s closet. Someday I will have a closet like that!

js last blog post: Wahhhhhhhh

5. the sassy kathy commented
    December 22nd, 2008 at 12:36pm

omg. DROOL!

6. Gem commented
    December 22nd, 2008 at 12:39pm

Wowzers…look at those drawers. I am inspired!

Gems last blog post: I Love the 90s Friday: BBD

7. trina commented
    December 22nd, 2008 at 1:25pm

i get a little weak in the knees over well organized cupboards and closets. :) Oh I sooooo want to re-vamp my closet now!

trinas last blog post: Handmade Bazaar!

8. Online Shopping Chick commented
    December 22nd, 2008 at 1:34pm

Never in a million years could I get my closet to look that organized. This has inspired me to clean it up but dang–that’s a hard act to follow!

Online Shopping Chicks last blog post: Wine Accessory Gifts for Wine Lovers

9. suzanne commented
    December 22nd, 2008 at 1:53pm

Okay, I’m glad I’m not the only one who went gaga over that closet…
    It has definitely inspired me to get my own organized… not til next year though ;)

suzannes last blog post: Sometimes things make me laugh out loud when I read them…

10. laura commented
    December 22nd, 2008 at 2:22pm

what a pleasant surprise to see a necklace that i designed on nicole’s jewelry tree. she is amazing, this organization blows my mind.

lauras last blog post: More snowflake decor

11. Anna @ D16 commented
    December 22nd, 2008 at 2:28pm

Ugh, when Nicole posted those closet photos, I immediately felt like such a SLUG that I had to close the browser window and just sob a little.

I’m one of those people who is pretend-organized. Everything anyone might see is neat as a pin. Everything behind closed doors (or in drawers…or in nice boxes) is a TOTAL DISASTER.

It makes me want to throw everything away and just start over. SIGH.

Anna @ D16s last blog post: Party invitations.

12. Vanessa commented
    December 22nd, 2008 at 2:32pm

Wow only in my dreams could I ever have a closet like that…I’m a lazy bum and would have to start by picking up the clothes that are on the closet floor in piles on top of my shoes…

Vanessas last blog post: Retro Christmas

13. Elisa commented
    December 22nd, 2008 at 2:58pm

Drool drool..wow that is so nice, my closet really needs something like that!
    I try to be as organized as I can but I have a rail that is seriously bending in the middle and my earings, bracelets etc are everywhere…ughh I need to sort it out!

Elisas last blog post:

14. Making it Lovely commented
    December 22nd, 2008 at 3:58pm

*blushes*

Thanks Holly (and everyone)!

Making it Lovelys last blog post: We’re Expecting…

15. Melissa de la Fuente commented
    December 22nd, 2008 at 4:54pm

Wow! Just awesome….so lovely and inspiring!
    xo
    Melis

16. Cynthia commented
    December 22nd, 2008 at 6:01pm

Fantastic! I’ve been dreaming about wallpapering my closet. It’s not big so I could use $100/roll wallpaper, right?

Cynthias last blog post: Confessions from the blogosphere

17. michele commented
    December 22nd, 2008 at 6:31pm

Now Holly, when you get pregnant (eventually) the syndrome known as “nesting” will overtake you as well. Pregnant women ( it happened to me with both of my babies) become like a a mother hen constructing a nest hence “nesting” You know where I was 12 hours before I gave birth?
    In a coin poerated laundrymat making sure every last detail was done.

My beach cottage (back then it was so so tiny) was spotless and in perfect order. Pregnant women take organization to new levels. If they are lucky (I wasn’t) it continues long after the birth.

Happy Holidays

micheles last blog post: Designer Guild Royal Collection

18. Alice Almighty commented
    December 22nd, 2008 at 7:50pm

I think I would have to first throw out everything in my closet, so that when I re-organized everything in it would be colorful and pretty too… I am a big fan of anyone who does home projects while pregnant!

Truly, Alice

19. maja commented
    December 22nd, 2008 at 7:59pm

i just discovered a mouse hiding in my coat closet this morning…yuck!

majas last blog post: What’s cooking tonight: Pot au Feu

20. Lisa commented
    December 23rd, 2008 at 9:34am

I love your blogg it´s just so wonderful

Lisas last blog post: Fixat lite hemma

21. erin lang norris commented
    December 23rd, 2008 at 9:57am

I totally need to organize my closet. Great post-holiday project indeed!

I want to replace all the ugly plastic hangers with pretty wooden ones but that alone will cost a ton of money! I like going to IKEA to look at their closet set ups. Some of them seem so perfect! I’m not sure that I’d ever buy the actual components from them for a closet (besides hangers) but it’s a great source for ideas.

22. erin lang norris commented
    December 23rd, 2008 at 10:01am

Woah wait a minute, this is from IKEA!? I recall seeing tons of white closets at IKEA but not this one! I might just have to check into this particular set.

23. sunny commented
    December 23rd, 2008 at 4:40pm

Hello? It’s an exact replica of my closet.

No…wait… mine is this big, long, walk in closet that currently houses boxes on the floor that are spilling open in my frantic rush to find my winter hat. And over there? Yeah – that’s a pile of papers to file. And back there? “Stuff” that has no home and no real category. And some clothes on a shelf and on the floor. (tsk tsk, I know)

There’s a reason my neighbor said “Oh. My.” when she saw my closet for the first time. Can I please hire Nicole to drive two hours north and organize my closet for me???

sunnys last blog post: ::Project Cupcake::

24. closet organizers commented
    December 26th, 2008 at 3:17pm

How do people keep their closets that organized! That takes some work! :)

25. jel commented
    December 28th, 2008 at 2:02pm

wow, i thought my closet was organized until I saw this. gorgeous!

jels last blog post: Bust Craftacular recap

26. Pinky commented
    January 3rd, 2009 at 9:46am

One of my resolutions is to organize my closet. I think I found my idol :) I know I need a lot of work- so her closet is a good standard on how I can do it :)

Pinkys last blog post: New Years Pressurelutions

27. Caitlin commented
    January 4th, 2009 at 10:27pm

I don’t think I could be that organized even in my dreams. Nicole is awesome.

Caitlins last blog post: Happy New Year!

28. lindsey clare commented
    January 7th, 2009 at 12:50am

it really IS lovely, isn’t it? i remember seeing this a while ago and just sighing :)

lindsey clares last blog post: summer so far

29. Felecia commented
    February 20th, 2010 at 2:16pm

I love your jewelry stands, the tree and the hand, where did you purchase them. I have seen the tree before but can’t remember where.

30. Shawn commented
    June 20th, 2010 at 10:16pm

Beautiful space, especially for a closet! Who says organization has to be sterile!

Trackbacks and Pingbacks

1. the Fashion Spot - How do you organize your closet?