Nahcotta Exhibition – Inspired: This I Believe!

I’m not officially back to blogging yet (I’m back Jan. 7th) but I just had to write about this for those of you in New England since this event kicks off on Friday at the popular Nahcotta gallery in historic downtown Portsmouth, New Hampshire (they also run the show and website for tiny art called The Enormous Tiny Art Show).

I happen to be part of the show (I was so excited when they asked me), it is called “Inspired: This I Believe” and includes the words and artwork of writers, editors, artists, community activists, bloggers, business owners and teachers. Some of whom I’m honored to be alongside of include Maria Vettese, Marisa Haedike, Stephanie Congdon Barnes, Amy Ruppel, Mati McDonough, Jennifer Judd-McGee, Jen Renninger, and more!

The goal is to inspire recognition and respect for the differing beliefs of others (read more about it here). I submitted an essay, which you can read at Nahcotta between January 2 – February 1, called My Declaration of Interdependence. You are invited to attend the opening reception this Friday, January 2 from 5-8 pm if you’d like.

Nahcotta, 110 Congress Street, Portsmouth, New Hampshire.

(image from nahcotta)

Posted by decor8 in Arts + Crafts, events + markets, travel, walls on December 31, 2008

1. Tabitha (From Single to Married) commented
    January 2nd, 2009 at 11:04am

Very cool – wish I was in the area!!

2. Lexy commented
    January 2nd, 2009 at 5:34pm

I keep reading about this show all over the place. I would have loved to have been there. Brisbane to New Hampshire is a fair way though! It makes me think about jumping ship from Australia and moving to somewhere with more opportunities like this!

Lexys last blog post: Eeep!

3. Roshnee commented
    January 3rd, 2009 at 10:06am

Hey I absolutely love your blog! You’ve been bookmarked for quite some time and now I just added you to the blogroll on my blog..

Im new to this arty farty blogging and I really wanted to know if it was illegal if I posted some of the pics in your links on my blog and linked it back to your blog?

Will you be mad? :P

Roshnees last blog post: Back to basics

4. Pethra på Inredningsbloggen commented
    January 3rd, 2009 at 12:01pm

I agree with Lexy and Tabitha, I also wish I could be there!

Pethra på Inredningsbloggens last blog post: Sovgunga® ger bästa sömnen för de små

5. Lisa commented
    January 3rd, 2009 at 4:48pm

Hmmm, I don’t see where the essays are posted??

6. rebecca commented
    January 3rd, 2009 at 9:10pm

we’re so thrilled that you agreed to be a part of the show. it’s proven to be an absolutely wonderful way to begin a new year – overbrimming with hope, wonder, joy, love, and creativity! thank you for being involved and inspired.

happy new year!
    - Rebecca

7. lance commented
    January 4th, 2009 at 7:16am

i wish i was around, it seems like a great idea

8. jamie commented
    January 4th, 2009 at 1:30pm

congrats, hope the opening went well!

jamies last blog post: Cooper the cat

9. Lexy commented
    January 5th, 2009 at 7:51am

Oh, I forgot to ask: Will the essays and artworks be posted anywhere after the show has concluded? I’d love to see!!

Lexys last blog post: I’m officially hooked -

10. Sondi Caserio commented
    January 5th, 2009 at 4:07pm

ohmygoodness, I need to get down there and check this out! VERY VERY Cool!

Sondi Caserios last blog post: Goodwill ROCKS

11. hoganfe handmade handbag originals commented
    January 5th, 2009 at 4:33pm

What fun !
    mary

12. brittni commented
    January 5th, 2009 at 6:34pm

Sounds like a great show and I love the flyer too!

brittnis last blog post: Friday

13. Anne-Laure commented
    January 5th, 2009 at 6:44pm

Exciting!!!
    Happy 2009!!!

Anne-Laures last blog post: Bonne Annee!!

14. Ez commented
    January 5th, 2009 at 9:21pm

How wonderful! I so wish that I could have extended my trip back East so that I could attend.
    Love and hugs to you sweetie.
    xox
    Ez

Ezs last blog post: Today I Love: Bestiary Ink

15. samantha hahn commented
    January 6th, 2009 at 7:40am

pretty poster!

samantha hahns last blog post: Patterned products: My Hallmark card and starlet cushion

16. Betty commented
    January 6th, 2009 at 7:50am

Oh- I went! It was fabulous! I also loved their tiny art show.

Bettys last blog post: A peek in my drawers

17. decor8 commented
    January 6th, 2009 at 5:34pm

I didn’t make it to the opening party but I asked them to send over some photos so if there are any I can post them or something. I’m thinking of posting what I wrote on my blog but I have to ask them if that’s okay and if so, when I can do it. I’m not sure how this kind of thing works.

18. decor8 commented
    January 6th, 2009 at 5:37pm

Roshnee: Here’s my disclaimer, you can read through it if you’d like as it’s pretty straight forward. Pretty much it’s okay to link back and stuff but I outline in it how much of my post a person can use on their site etc. because I had some problems with people taking my entire posts on a weekly basis and putting them, along with all of my photos, on their blog and not even bothering to tell their readers it all came from my blog. That’s why I eventually had to write a detailed disclaimer.

19. hazel commented
    January 7th, 2009 at 10:47am

Completely unrelated.

Does anyone know what happened to Danielle de Lange’s “The Style Files”? I haven’t been able to open her blog for days.

hazels last blog post: Meersburg – Part 3

20. rochelle commented
    January 7th, 2009 at 11:24am

Oh! so sad to miss this! Was out of town for a client mtg…bummer.
    also wanted to let you know that I thought you should have won the homie at AT…and said so at my own site…come by and check it out if you have a moment. best, – R

p.s. I sponsored a show called small works at the CoSo gallery on Newbury street…thought I would invite you, b/c I would love to meet sometime…but saw you were away in Germany. anyway, will be doing it again next year if you are interested….there is a post about it also at my sight (search coso)

rochelles last blog post: Beautiful Garden Tents from The Maharaja Tent Company

21. rochelle commented
    January 7th, 2009 at 11:25am

make that ‘site’ not ‘sight’…I hate when I mis-spell and then hit submit too fast!

rochelles last blog post: Beautiful Garden Tents from The Maharaja Tent Company

22. Meg commented
    January 7th, 2009 at 4:56pm

Hi Holly -

I’ve been trying to find out info about the Enormous Tiny Art Show… do you know when they start taking submissions for that? I would like to enter some of my mixed media work (see prints at http://megmcgrath.etsy.com )

Thanks!
    Meg

Megs last blog post: Handpainted Tree Serving Plate

23. steven commented
    January 8th, 2009 at 12:32pm

(imagine im stood on a big hill with a huge megaphone shouting), “holly where are you, its january the 8th already, where are you”… blog soon or my eyes wont like it.xx

stevens last blog post: practice fantastic

24. steven commented
    January 8th, 2009 at 12:35pm

oops…i swear 2 minutes ago your newest blog posts were not on my screen, i can come down now from my imaginary hill…sorry, but so glad your back.x

stevens last blog post: practice fantastic

25. Karissa commented
    January 9th, 2009 at 8:44pm

Hmmm….. Steven you are not alone here. I haven’t seen any new posts since this one. I don’t know if its my broswer or what but I sure need my dose of decor8.

26. Karissa commented
    January 9th, 2009 at 8:49pm

So bizarre…. so I commented here saying I couldn’t see new posts either… then I went back to the main page, and what do you know? There were all your new posts. At least I’m not the only one encountering this strange missing postness. I’m so happy to see many new lovely things on your blog :D