Arts + Crafts, Events + Markets, Rooms, Travel

Nahcotta Exhibition – Inspired: This I Believe!

December 31, 2008

I’m not officially back to blogging yet (I’m back Jan. 7th) but I just had to write about this for those of you in New England since this event kicks off on Friday at the popular Nahcotta gallery in historic downtown Portsmouth, New Hampshire (they also run the show and website for tiny art called The Enormous Tiny Art Show).

I happen to be part of the show (I was so excited when they asked me), it is called “Inspired: This I Believe” and includes the words and artwork of writers, editors, artists, community activists, bloggers, business owners and teachers. Some of whom I’m honored to be alongside of include Maria Vettese, Marisa Haedike, Stephanie Congdon Barnes, Amy Ruppel, Mati McDonough, Jennifer Judd-McGee, Jen Renninger, and more!

The goal is to inspire recognition and respect for the differing beliefs of others (read more about it here). I submitted an essay, which you can read at Nahcotta between January 2 – February 1, called My Declaration of Interdependence. You are invited to attend the opening reception this Friday, January 2 from 5-8 pm if you’d like.

Nahcotta, 110 Congress Street, Portsmouth, New Hampshire.

(image from nahcotta)

You Might Also Like

• Reply Tabitha (From Single to Married) January 2, 2009 at 11:04 am

Very cool – wish I was in the area!!

• Reply Lexy January 2, 2009 at 5:34 pm

I keep reading about this show all over the place. I would have loved to have been there. Brisbane to New Hampshire is a fair way though! It makes me think about jumping ship from Australia and moving to somewhere with more opportunities like this!

Lexys last blog post: Eeep!

• Reply Roshnee January 3, 2009 at 10:06 am

Hey I absolutely love your blog! You’ve been bookmarked for quite some time and now I just added you to the blogroll on my blog..

Im new to this arty farty blogging and I really wanted to know if it was illegal if I posted some of the pics in your links on my blog and linked it back to your blog?

Will you be mad? :P

Roshnees last blog post: Back to basics

• Reply decor8 January 6, 2009 at 5:37 pm

Roshnee: Here’s my disclaimer, you can read through it if you’d like as it’s pretty straight forward. Pretty much it’s okay to link back and stuff but I outline in it how much of my post a person can use on their site etc. because I had some problems with people taking my entire posts on a weekly basis and putting them, along with all of my photos, on their blog and not even bothering to tell their readers it all came from my blog. That’s why I eventually had to write a detailed disclaimer.

• Reply Pethra på Inredningsbloggen January 3, 2009 at 12:01 pm

I agree with Lexy and Tabitha, I also wish I could be there!

Pethra på Inredningsbloggens last blog post: Sovgunga® ger bästa sömnen för de små

• Reply Lisa January 3, 2009 at 4:48 pm

Hmmm, I don’t see where the essays are posted??

• Reply rebecca January 3, 2009 at 9:10 pm

we’re so thrilled that you agreed to be a part of the show. it’s proven to be an absolutely wonderful way to begin a new year – overbrimming with hope, wonder, joy, love, and creativity! thank you for being involved and inspired.

happy new year!
    – Rebecca

• Reply lance January 4, 2009 at 7:16 am

i wish i was around, it seems like a great idea

• Reply jamie January 4, 2009 at 1:30 pm

congrats, hope the opening went well!

jamies last blog post: Cooper the cat

• Reply Lexy January 5, 2009 at 7:51 am

Oh, I forgot to ask: Will the essays and artworks be posted anywhere after the show has concluded? I’d love to see!!

Lexys last blog post: I’m officially hooked –

• Reply Sondi Caserio January 5, 2009 at 4:07 pm

ohmygoodness, I need to get down there and check this out! VERY VERY Cool!

Sondi Caserios last blog post: Goodwill ROCKS

• Reply hoganfe handmade handbag originals January 5, 2009 at 4:33 pm

What fun !

• Reply brittni January 5, 2009 at 6:34 pm

Sounds like a great show and I love the flyer too!

brittnis last blog post: Friday

• Reply Anne-Laure January 5, 2009 at 6:44 pm

Happy 2009!!!

Anne-Laures last blog post: Bonne Annee!!

• Reply Ez January 5, 2009 at 9:21 pm

How wonderful! I so wish that I could have extended my trip back East so that I could attend.
    Love and hugs to you sweetie.

Ezs last blog post: Today I Love: Bestiary Ink

• Reply samantha hahn January 6, 2009 at 7:40 am

pretty poster!

samantha hahns last blog post: Patterned products: My Hallmark card and starlet cushion

• Reply Betty January 6, 2009 at 7:50 am

Oh- I went! It was fabulous! I also loved their tiny art show.

Bettys last blog post: A peek in my drawers

• Reply decor8 January 6, 2009 at 5:34 pm

I didn’t make it to the opening party but I asked them to send over some photos so if there are any I can post them or something. I’m thinking of posting what I wrote on my blog but I have to ask them if that’s okay and if so, when I can do it. I’m not sure how this kind of thing works.

• Reply hazel January 7, 2009 at 10:47 am

Completely unrelated.

Does anyone know what happened to Danielle de Lange’s “The Style Files”? I haven’t been able to open her blog for days.

hazels last blog post: Meersburg – Part 3

• Reply rochelle January 7, 2009 at 11:24 am

Oh! so sad to miss this! Was out of town for a client mtg…bummer.
    also wanted to let you know that I thought you should have won the homie at AT…and said so at my own site…come by and check it out if you have a moment. best, – R

p.s. I sponsored a show called small works at the CoSo gallery on Newbury street…thought I would invite you, b/c I would love to meet sometime…but saw you were away in Germany. anyway, will be doing it again next year if you are interested….there is a post about it also at my sight (search coso)

rochelles last blog post: Beautiful Garden Tents from The Maharaja Tent Company

• Reply rochelle January 7, 2009 at 11:25 am

make that ‘site’ not ‘sight’…I hate when I mis-spell and then hit submit too fast!

rochelles last blog post: Beautiful Garden Tents from The Maharaja Tent Company

• Reply Meg January 7, 2009 at 4:56 pm

Hi Holly –

I’ve been trying to find out info about the Enormous Tiny Art Show… do you know when they start taking submissions for that? I would like to enter some of my mixed media work (see prints at )

Megs last blog post: Handpainted Tree Serving Plate

• Reply steven January 8, 2009 at 12:32 pm

(imagine im stood on a big hill with a huge megaphone shouting), “holly where are you, its january the 8th already, where are you”… blog soon or my eyes wont like it.xx

stevens last blog post: practice fantastic

• Reply steven January 8, 2009 at 12:35 pm

oops…i swear 2 minutes ago your newest blog posts were not on my screen, i can come down now from my imaginary hill…sorry, but so glad your back.x

stevens last blog post: practice fantastic

• Reply Karissa January 9, 2009 at 8:44 pm

Hmmm….. Steven you are not alone here. I haven’t seen any new posts since this one. I don’t know if its my broswer or what but I sure need my dose of decor8.

• Reply Karissa January 9, 2009 at 8:49 pm

So bizarre…. so I commented here saying I couldn’t see new posts either… then I went back to the main page, and what do you know? There were all your new posts. At least I’m not the only one encountering this strange missing postness. I’m so happy to see many new lovely things on your blog :D