Trina Turk News (and a little Golden Globes talk)

Is it me or did you catch Spring fever last night while watching the Golden Globes? I totally did, especially when I spotted some of those gorgeous sleeveless gowns on the red carpet! I only watch those super boring Hollywood events for the clothes anyway. I caught this California bug that won’t go away, and of course every blog I read, magazine I pick up, or friend I talk to seems to have the same Spring fever so let’s just give into it for a moment, shall we? Oh yes, we shall.

And speaking of the Golden Globes because I’m dying to know, did you have a favorite dress? My favorites included the gowns worn by Eva Mendes, Amy Adams (of course!), Freida Pinto, America Ferrera (wow!), Jenna Fischer (better in person than in photos though), Miley Cyrus, and the lovely Drew Barrymore (minus the hair). If I could afford/fit into one of these, I’d totally wear the Miley dress. Or maybe the Eva. What about you? And I feel like a gossip girl but I must say that did anyone else totally let out a “oh no” when mama Demi told her daughter to not hunch? Am I over thinking this or was that just uncalled for parenting? I mean Demi, c’mon!

Now let’s talk Trina as that’s the real point of this post… Fashionista Trina Turk is working on her new outdoor fabric collection with Schumacher bringing some of her gorgeous patterns from the runway to the patio. Now you can turn these outfits into a room! Oh the thought of covering a bench with these patterns… Yes, please! Of course, I doubt I’ll be able to afford more than a few yards, but I imagine a little Trina could go a very long way. Now I just need an outdoor space, don’t I? Then again, you don’t have to use outdoor fabrics strictly outdoors, this retro modern kaleidoscope of color is also great indoors as bench cushions, roman shades, and table covers and cloths.

You can learn more about Trina and her growing home interiors empire here at WWD. Pillows, rugs, and more coming soon!

I’d be safe and warm If I was in L.A… California dreamin’ on such a winter’s day!

via:Domino mag.

(images via trina turk)

Posted by decor8 in textiles on January 12, 2009

1. bueller commented
    January 12th, 2009 at 3:42pm

Beautiful images! I’m so ready for summer!

buellers last blog post: BEFORE THE NIGHT COMES – 8×8 Fine Art Photographic Print

2. Turquoise commented
    January 12th, 2009 at 3:44pm

The patterns are beautiful..I saw them about a month ago my upholsterer, turns out we use the same company. Such a small world!

3. eleise commented
    January 12th, 2009 at 3:45pm

My absolute favorite was Marisa Tomei. I am really tired of the grown up prom dress look favored by stylists everywhere, it seems. Yes, she should have removed an accessory (or three) but the blouse/skirt was sublime.
    And grownup. And chic. And most importantly, different, without being silly.

Strapless gowns used to be for debutantes and Mamie Eisenhower. Now they are for everyone and as ubiquitous and boring as can be.

4. jen commented
    January 12th, 2009 at 3:53pm

one of my faves was mary louise parker. but i may be biased cause i love her. also really liked laura linney.

i thought j lo and drewbarrymore looked ridiculous.

5. LindaCrispell commented
    January 12th, 2009 at 4:04pm

How about Eva Longoaria’s cute new hairdo?
    Linda

6. Rebecca commented
    January 12th, 2009 at 4:06pm

Yummy colors! I’m in California with sun shining and want to now surround myself with these spring colors immediately!

Rebeccas last blog post: Letters and Monograms Galore

7. dana commented
    January 12th, 2009 at 4:11pm

I kind of took Demi’s comment as sort of kidding around. It’s interesting to hear someone else’s take on it. Loved Eva’s necklace! Gorgeous. There was a lot of bed head going on, no?

Love your blog, btw! First time commenter.

‘See’ you soon!

8. josephine commented
    January 12th, 2009 at 4:12pm

i loved sandra bullock’s cream dress. kate winslet looking stunning, and ricky gervais was hilarious. i thought it was a little harsh of demi to correct her daughter on an international broadcast.

looking forward to trina turk’s home line more than her fashion line, for some reason.

9. kellyvanhook commented
    January 12th, 2009 at 4:23pm

the Trina Turk fabrics are divine! thanks for sharing!

kellyvanhooks last blog post: First Thursday Art Day…

10. Sarah commented
    January 12th, 2009 at 5:10pm

I loved Laura Linney in the gold gown. Usually that’s not a good color for blondes, but she really nailed it. I also loved the color of Sandra Bullock’s gown and of course Kate Winslet in that strapless black. I was surprised at how sloppy Cameron Diaz looked, she could have done with one more fitting!

Sarahs last blog post: Phew! That was close.

11. lindsay commented
    January 12th, 2009 at 5:12pm

I loved Angelina’s dress. The color was great and it looked like you could actually breath in it. I would be miserable in a form fitting gown. I love how Eva Longoria told Ryan Seacrest she was exhausted from “sucking in” all night. I thought she looked lovely in red.

I saw the Trina Turk bit in Domino this month. My in-laws bought us a 12 piece patio set for Christmas and I’m definetly looking to mix it up a bit. (I’m not a big fan of sets of anything) I’m thinking some of her patterns would look great on the smaller pieces. I’ll have to find some cheaper solids for the rest though! Maybe I can top the tables with marble or concrete slabs…and I’m keeping my fingers crossed that ikea comes out with a fab outdoor rug/mat this year :) I’m definetly longing for spring too.

lindsays last blog post: Just a few more days…

12. Shanon commented
    January 12th, 2009 at 5:16pm

My favorite dresses:
    Maggie Gyllenhaal (She can pull off anything.)
    Marisa Tomei (I can’t help it! I think she’s adorable. Reminds me of something Uma Thurman would wear and I love it!)
    Eva Mendes (The white and the turquoise looked amazing against her skin. She’s a babe.)

Happy Monday Holly!

Shanons last blog post: The Arrival

13. Tara commented
    January 12th, 2009 at 8:40pm

Kyra Sedgwick in radiant red. Simple, classy, and gorgeous (better than overrated Eva)

14. becky from hatch commented
    January 12th, 2009 at 9:41pm

Definitely the lavender dress on 13 from House. I have no idea what her name is, but she’s gorgeous and married to a prince from Italy or something. Yeah, I”m too lazy to google and figure it out.

Eva Mendes had the best necklace.

becky from hatchs last blog post: Golden Globes Wrap Up

15. julia b. edelmann commented
    January 12th, 2009 at 9:45pm

kate winslet is the consummate non-hollywood beauty! classic, real, and elegant!

16. Emmeline commented
    January 12th, 2009 at 9:48pm

My mother used to have this thing where she would say “let me smell your hands” after we had been playing in the garden or patting the dog. I cannot tell you how cripplingly embarrasing this is in front of your friends and their parents. One day she did it at the shopping centre and the friend we were shopping with said “Mary!” and told her off for embarrasing us because Cas and I had flushed so scarlet. It was awesome ;)

Emmelines last blog post: Spring Cleaning (in the middle of summer

17. Kristan commented
    January 12th, 2009 at 11:58pm

I also loved Drew’s, Freida’s, and Eva’s! Also, Jennifer Morton’s. And I thought Marisa Tomei’s outfit was kinda cool, although maybe out of place at this venue.

Anyway, I coincidentally did a little rundown on the NY Mag slideshow at my blog just a couple hours ago. I’d love to hear other people’s opinions too!

Kristans last blog post: My Golden Globes fashion thoughts

18. Terriaw commented
    January 13th, 2009 at 12:01am

I guess I missed quite a fashion show by missing the Globes. Wow, I love the colors of these fabrics! We need some color in the gray, snowy midwest. I am digging those turquoise and white tights!

Terriaws last blog post: Sunday Stash – Solids

19. kate lindello commented
    January 13th, 2009 at 12:32am

Top 3 include:

Drew Barrymoore (loved the color & fit. The hair not so much)

Angelina (beautiful, comfortable, & chic)

Magge Gyllenhaal (unique yet sophisticated)

20. Andi-A commented
    January 13th, 2009 at 1:00am

My fav was Drew Barrymore, I would be so proud to have designed that dress omg the fabric, the hem line work. She got shredded about the hair, but I loved it with the dress and it actually moved as she posed.
    Loved the statement jewelry acceptance cause if you love collecting estate jewelry like me this our moment in time.
    Salma Hayek freakin knows exactly how to dress her figure pretty much every time. Her hair was booooooriiinnng.
    Maybe it’s one of the lessons from R Zoe or I resent Ev L Parker or all the above, but I wasnt found of her bell of the ball red dress when she wasn’t nominated. Just as an observer who understands “we don’t know the real them” she seems to always have an it’s all about me-ness to her when desperate housewives was basically enjoying a desperate for sex in the city withdrawal deal it’s first couple of years but were over mark cherry’s idea of how women interact. BTW Looove Marcia Cross at awards she really plays up her romantic red hair with beautiful color in her gowns
    Anne Hathaway’s constant embrace of dark contrast to her pale skin seems like she is daring someone to say something, so Anne if your listening “great actress now please stop freaking us out”.
    Someone mentioned Maggie G, her face is so insanely beautiful 1920’s someday she will wear something amazingly vintagey couture and just go all the way *sigh*.
    Loved Tomei’s ensemble to for the same reason mentioned above.
    Cameron Diaz’s hair seems to fit her youthful persona. The pink color was good on her skin but it needed to be a matte texture fabric. honestly it seemed like a last minute replacement cause the fit and hemline seemed real odd for her.
    JLo’s dress seemed dated on her, but it would have been great on Anne Hathaway and vice versa SWITCH.
    Oh and they need to just ban the belts all together they never ever help the look.

21. alice commented
    January 13th, 2009 at 1:31am

eva mendes’ dress was my absolute favorite. she looked gorgeous.

alices last blog post: yulia brodskaya

22. M commented
    January 13th, 2009 at 6:32am

Isla Fisher looked divine in her asymmetrical dress. Her dress, hair, and jewels were perfect.

But did you go to the Golden Globes? I don’t mean this in a smug way, but How do you know Jenna Fischer’s dress looked better in person?

23. Tabitha (From Single to Married) commented
    January 13th, 2009 at 8:05am

so many to choose from! I like Melissa George and Sandra Bullock. I’ve always thought Sandra is beautiful but she looked particularly stunning!

Tabitha (From Single to Married)s last blog post: A Trip Down Memory Lane

24. visualingual commented
    January 13th, 2009 at 9:26am

I completely agree about feeling the Spring Fever! I liked Drew Barrymore’s dress as well, although her entire look reminded me of Angie Dickinson [that’s not bad, I guess, but she looked older than she is]. As for Miley Cyrus, she really looked great, but not for a 15-year old! Seriously, she should look more like a teenage girl and not a vamp.

The Trina Turk fabrics are great!

visualinguals last blog post: Monopoly Repackaging by Andy Mangold

25. julieann commented
    January 13th, 2009 at 9:54am

I LOVE Trina Turk, my favorite dress from this past summer was one of her creations! Thanks for the update, I look forward to seeing the entire Home line. I am also dreaming of Warm Cali weather….enough of the snow/ice!!!

julieanns last blog post: Wallpapering with Target

26. Sara LeeAnn commented
    January 13th, 2009 at 10:26am

I love these outdoor pattersn – most especially the hot pink and lime color combination. I feel a patio redesign coming on. I would certainly have the most stylish, flamboyant, look-at-me outdoor space in all of Wyoming! I can just see my neighbors raised eyebrows and hushed whispers now, “That California Hippie…” ;-)

I’m in agreement with you, Holly. Eva Mendes was a vision. I also thought Kate Winslet looked the epitome of glamour, and I loved her hair pulled back that way.

Sara LeeAnns last blog post: Downright Cheerful and So Unlike Me.

27. carrie leber commented
    January 13th, 2009 at 1:06pm

It was something like 82 degrees during the Golden Globes – but there’s a lot that can be said for colder weather too. It’s sort of restful. We did a roundup of our favorite picks and people seemed to really love Demi Moore and Sandra Bullock quite a bit.

carrie lebers last blog post: Jackie’s Influence.

28. Elfya commented
    January 13th, 2009 at 4:27pm

huh? Why did Perez not mention the Demi moment?! Oh Gosh, do I need to search for this now?? I guess I will have to cause you made me very, very curious!

I know, I am terrible! :)

29. Janet commented
    January 16th, 2009 at 1:14pm

I looooove Trina Turk, the new stuff is beautiful. I would love to make some cushions for our bench around the pool. Hope they are available at the Palm Springs store.

Janets last blog post: Yep, Michael Smith AGAIN…