Etsy Faves

Etsy Take Five Tuesdays

January 13, 2009

Yay! It’s Etsy Take Five Tuesdays time! I don’t know about you, but I really look forward to this weekly column because it keeps me committed to finding the best of the best on Etsy and it further inspires me to shop indie (like I ever really need an excuse, right?). Plus, it’s really fun to pull together. So without further blah blah…

PearsonMaron is a collaboration between artists (and husband and wife team) Quincy Pearson and Adam Maron in Southern California. Cryptid monster magnets, limited edition ceramic figurines, prints, and lots and lots of sweet fun things. {etsy shop} {blog}

Madelaine Richards is a 17-year-old Flickr contact of mine because she is a budding photographer who shoots hauntingly beautiful photographs. I love to follow her work! It’s also inspiring to see young people so dedicated to their passion. I see so many teenagers wasting time just hanging out that it sometimes makes me sad to be quite honest. So much time is lost during some of the most important years of life, years you’ll never get back. I can’t wait to see what’s in store for Madelaine and her passionate, imaginative work. {etsy store} {flickr} {blog}

Linen, lace, wood… I love the natural simplicity of Forest Bound filled with the designs of Alice Saunders in Boston. Such a lovely little shop filled with sweet things. {etsy shop} {blog} {flickr}

JenniPenni is another Flickr contact of mine but I found her through Madelaine’s blog. She is a 21-year-old girl from Finland, also a talented photographer with an etsy store. Her work may appear simple but it is very complex as you can tell a lot of thought and emotion went into each thought provoking photo. {etsy shop} {flickr}

Have you heard of Mogwaii Design? Very nice home accessories here with lots of contemporary felted goods handmade by Sarah Campbell. What gorgeous cozy things she makes. {etsy shop} {website} {blog}

I spot a theme here that I did not plan… Simplicity. I love when that happens!

(images from sources linked above)

17 Comments

• Reply jen January 13, 2009 at 8:10 pm

Beautiful! Thank you for my 2 new flickr contacts. :)

jens last blog post: Treehouse weekend getaway

• Reply lindsay January 13, 2009 at 8:37 pm

Thanks for introducing us to two very talented young photographers!

lindsays last blog post: Just a few more days…

• Reply Melissa de la Fuente January 13, 2009 at 8:51 pm

Ooh! So many wonderful finds! Thank you for introducing me to some wonderful new(to me) shops! :)
    xo
    Melis

• Reply i.d. January 13, 2009 at 9:00 pm

Thank for you sharing. Madelaine’s work is AMAZING, I can’t believe she’s 17! (Not that I don’t belive you, haha.)

This is yet another wonderful reminder of the treasure trove that is Etsy. xx

i.d.s last blog post: I Heart Weddings

• Reply Shanon January 13, 2009 at 9:21 pm

Oooh, Forest Bound is heavenly!
    =)

Shanons last blog post: The Arrival

• Reply Karissa January 13, 2009 at 9:33 pm

I’ve watched Madeline as well…. at first I didn’t believe she was only 16 (this was a year ago obviously) but upon more searching, sure enough, she’s 100% legit. As a high school art teacher, I am in awe of her talents. She surely has a future ahead of her.

• Reply simplygrove January 13, 2009 at 10:52 pm

These are all fabulous finds!!!

simplygroves last blog post: Cereal Please…

• Reply Nancy January 13, 2009 at 11:06 pm

I’ve never seen those shops! Thanks for always having something new to show us :)

Nancys last blog post: Tonight’s dinner

• Reply Carrie Leber January 13, 2009 at 11:12 pm

so romantic and pretty !

• Reply michelle January 14, 2009 at 11:58 am

i love your etsy take five posts. i always end up adding at least two new sellers to my favorites.

michelles last blog post: Orla Kiely Collection for Target!!!

• Reply GreenCanary January 14, 2009 at 12:48 pm

I have to tell everyone that PearsonMaron is AMAZING! I commissioned them to make some magnets as a Christmas present for my boyfriend. Not only were they a joy to work with, their finished products were BEYOND anything I could have imagined. They even custom-designed PACKAGING for the magnets that fit the theme, something I didn’t expect. If you have an idea that you’re not sure how to execute, contact PearsonMaron. They will take your idea and turn it into something fantastic.

GreenCanarys last blog post: Feeling Right When Walking Without Shoes

• Reply Laura January 14, 2009 at 1:55 pm

Totally drooling right now! Your Etsy finds this week touch on so many of my favorite materials – linen, lace (esp. appliqued!), wood, and felt. So touchable and delicious. These are all going in my Etsy Favs :)

Lauras last blog post: New: Shop Global Mama!

• Reply Sarah Campbell January 14, 2009 at 3:32 pm

Huge thank you for including me in your etsy finds alongside such incredible makers. I feel very humbled.

Best wishes and lots of love

Sarah

• Reply Jade January 14, 2009 at 4:54 pm

Forest Bound’s jewelry is so amazingly beautiful!

• Reply becky from hatch January 16, 2009 at 1:18 pm

Wow, Melanie has quite a career in front of her! I can’t wait to see what else she does!

becky from hatchs last blog post: Who Dresses This Woman??!?!?!

• Reply Nancy Tobin January 18, 2009 at 8:53 am

Thanks again Holly for your amazing blog!
    I love these picks.
    I’m off to check out that amazing polka-dot bunny (two of my favorites — polka dots and bunnies.)

Nancy Tobins last blog post: Tickle I – Valentine – 8 x 10 Inch Archival Print

• Reply nikki hardin January 19, 2009 at 1:54 pm

amazing photos

nikki hardins last blog post: