Press

Thanks, People mag!

January 16, 2009

What a way to kick off a long holiday weekend! Look for me today in People magazine in their February 2009 Stylewatch issue… this is really exciting! A few months ago People asked me to be part of a select group of Style Experts they’d chosen to  pull together a list of what’s hot to make The Hip List. I praised handmade as being hot and mentioned a few of my personal favorites out there. They took my list and not knowing who would make the cut, I took a deep breath this morning as I opened the issue. Ta-dah! They mentioned my top three: Etsy, DaWanda, and Boston-based Simplemente Blanco.

It’s great to be in People magazine because it is a completely new audience for me. I’m honored to be part of their panel of experts which includes: Melissa Lavigne, David Morrison, Ann Mack, Holly Brickley & Courtney Leeds, Amanda Freeman, Josh Kafka, Carolyn O’Neil, Helena Echlin, and Mia Kim.

Thanks, People mag!

(Images from People magazine, February 2009 issue, on newsstands today!)

You Might Also Like

33 Comments

• Reply Tamstyles January 16, 2009 at 1:25 pm

Congrats. I have a subscription myself..WOO HOO!

• Reply Lea January 16, 2009 at 1:27 pm

Wow, congrats!

• Reply my Trampoline January 16, 2009 at 1:42 pm

congrats holly….and even better, it will expose sites such as etsy and the handmade movement to the masses

my Trampolines last blog post: original polaroid collage I’LL JUST SIT HERE

• Reply Bethany January 16, 2009 at 1:44 pm

Wow! Congratulations, Holly!! I am not a regular reader of People magazine, but this might just be the perfect excuse to pick one up to read with a cup of a tea on Saturday morning.

I’m actually in the midst of putting together the January style guide for my own blog, so this will be the perfect inspiration!! :)

Bethanys last blog post: Pieces of Life {Quick Spa Ideas for the Bathroom}

• Reply julieann January 16, 2009 at 1:49 pm

Holly!!! I am so excited for you. Decor8 will be opened to an even larger audience now and even more will become devote followers. I can’t wait to go out, buy it and see it in print. Hope you are treating yourself to a congratulation dinner this weekend!

julieanns last blog post: Please meet our fantastic Host, Jenn!

• Reply Leah Daziens January 16, 2009 at 2:42 pm

VERY COOL! I don’t usually read People, but I am going to go out and grab it. Congrats : )

• Reply Liza January 16, 2009 at 2:44 pm

Sweeeeeeeet!!!!!!! You deserve this Holly! I will definitely buy it! Congratulations.

Lizas last blog post: Richard Powers

• Reply Sabina January 16, 2009 at 2:51 pm

Congratulations!! I’ll pick up a copy and check it out!!

Happy Friday!!

Sabinas last blog post: Fridays Photos – White House and Decorator To the President

• Reply Andy Mathis January 16, 2009 at 3:13 pm

Well, look at you, Miss Thing.
    You go, girl.

Andy Mathiss last blog post: Well, I am back from Atlanta Gift Show, License and Design, AmericasMart

• Reply Monica January 16, 2009 at 3:26 pm

That is fantastic! Congratulations Holly!!!

• Reply Sara LeeAnn January 16, 2009 at 3:48 pm

Congratulations on reaching a new audience! I’ll be sure to pick up a copy next time I’m out.

Sara LeeAnns last blog post: Chocolate Amaretto Cheesecake Muffins

• Reply molly January 16, 2009 at 4:13 pm

Congratulations Holly! Can’t wait ti check it out!

mollys last blog post: Snow…

• Reply Beth January 16, 2009 at 4:23 pm

Very neat to be picked up by this kind of mainstream audience. I think a lot of people aren’t even aware of the amazing shapes, forms and colors the handmade and crafting world can take.

Beths last blog post: Wedding Rings – Engagement/Wedding Theme Repeating Tif

• Reply Sherry January 16, 2009 at 4:38 pm

That. Is. So. Friggin. Exciting.

And to think I was psyched about scoring a cheap-o gourd lamp at Target last night. Fantastic amazing news- and nobody deserves it more than you!

xoxo,
    Sherry (& John)

Sherrys last blog post: How To Stain A Concrete Floor

• Reply Tabitha (From Single to Married) January 16, 2009 at 4:50 pm

hey – congrats to you! That’s awesome!

Tabitha (From Single to Married)s last blog post: A Little Friday Gratitude – Reading a Good Book

• Reply Genevieve Gail January 16, 2009 at 5:16 pm

Way to go Holly!!! That is super cool- congrats!

Genevieve Gails last blog post: Make Your Own Jewelry Sets

• Reply Amy Steinberg January 16, 2009 at 5:24 pm

Congratulations!

Amy Steinbergs last blog post: Win an original piece of Travel Art

• Reply patricia January 16, 2009 at 5:47 pm

That’s wonderful! Congratulations Holly!

patricias last blog post: 401st post giveaway

• Reply i.d. January 16, 2009 at 6:01 pm

Congraulations – that’s fantastic! xx

i.d.s last blog post: Paris Would Be Pretty This Time Of Year

• Reply Tina in Boston January 16, 2009 at 8:58 pm

Congratulations, Holly! I love StyleWatch. It isn’t always found whee People is, but I love it when I do find it. I hope this leads to bigger and better things for you!

Tina in Bostons last blog post: Mandarin Collar Coat Slide Show

• Reply Chef Messy January 16, 2009 at 11:13 pm

Whoohoo! Yahoo for promoting handmade! That is awesome of you! So exciting you get to be in People Mag, too! I’m so happy to see you hitting the bigtime because I think you are always SPOT ON to what is new and fresh and stylish.

Chef Messys last blog post: For the Birds or Maybe the Fat Neighborhood Squirrels, Whoever Gets There First

• Reply arundati January 17, 2009 at 4:24 am

wow!! congratulations holly…. well deserved!!

arundatis last blog post: Is there such a thing as a perfect breakfast?

• Reply Melissa de la Fuente January 17, 2009 at 9:28 am

This is just so awesome! Congratulations sweetie! What a wonderful treat!
    xo
    Melis

• Reply Shanon January 17, 2009 at 2:43 pm

Yay Holly! That is fantastic! You are just everywhere– and I love it! =)
    (Okay, you’re not really EVERYWHERE, I would love to see you in even more places, but you know what I mean hopefully.)
    Congrats!

Shanons last blog post: The Arrival

• Reply Joy January 17, 2009 at 4:15 pm

How cool is that? A great start to the new year – congrats!

Joy

• Reply Nancy Tobin January 18, 2009 at 8:40 am

Yay Holly!

Nancy Tobins last blog post: Tickle I – Valentine – 8 x 10 Inch Archival Print

• Reply tammy January 18, 2009 at 1:34 pm

congratulations! and what do I love so much about your site? your great & inspiring taste and the fact that you are genuinely always happy for others – in this case, the mentions of etsy, dawanda & simplemente blanco. v. proud for you.

• Reply Elaine January 19, 2009 at 4:01 pm

Super duper cool Holly!! Congrats. So so cool.

• Reply So Haute January 19, 2009 at 11:58 pm

Congrats Holly! Very exciting!!!

• Reply Angela January 21, 2009 at 1:24 am

Congrats!! The audience who reads people definitely has a wider reach than some niche magazines to do with style, design and fashion. hopefully it proves to be great publicity!! congrats again!

Angelas last blog post: SALE dreams – skinny mini pearl necklace

• Reply decor8 January 21, 2009 at 10:20 am

Thanks all! Definitely an honor and a bit surreal. This high I’m on will last for awhile.

• Reply victoria January 21, 2009 at 8:43 pm

whoa!!! that’s amazing and huge news! congratulations, holly!

the celebs will be knocking on the door, soon!

• Reply Gis January 26, 2009 at 10:27 am

way to go sweetieee!

Giss last blog post: 10 Posts from my Reader!