Thanks, People mag!

What a way to kick off a long holiday weekend! Look for me today in People magazine in their February 2009 Stylewatch issue… this is really exciting! A few months ago People asked me to be part of a select group of Style Experts they’d chosen to  pull together a list of what’s hot to make The Hip List. I praised handmade as being hot and mentioned a few of my personal favorites out there. They took my list and not knowing who would make the cut, I took a deep breath this morning as I opened the issue. Ta-dah! They mentioned my top three: Etsy, DaWanda, and Boston-based Simplemente Blanco.

It’s great to be in People magazine because it is a completely new audience for me. I’m honored to be part of their panel of experts which includes: Melissa Lavigne, David Morrison, Ann Mack, Holly Brickley & Courtney Leeds, Amanda Freeman, Josh Kafka, Carolyn O’Neil, Helena Echlin, and Mia Kim.

Thanks, People mag!

(Images from People magazine, February 2009 issue, on newsstands today!)

Posted by decor8 in press on January 16, 2009

1. Tamstyles commented
    January 16th, 2009 at 1:25pm

Congrats. I have a subscription myself..WOO HOO!

2. Lea commented
    January 16th, 2009 at 1:27pm

Wow, congrats!

3. my Trampoline commented
    January 16th, 2009 at 1:42pm

congrats holly….and even better, it will expose sites such as etsy and the handmade movement to the masses

my Trampolines last blog post: original polaroid collage I’LL JUST SIT HERE

4. Bethany commented
    January 16th, 2009 at 1:44pm

Wow! Congratulations, Holly!! I am not a regular reader of People magazine, but this might just be the perfect excuse to pick one up to read with a cup of a tea on Saturday morning.

I’m actually in the midst of putting together the January style guide for my own blog, so this will be the perfect inspiration!! :)

Bethanys last blog post: Pieces of Life {Quick Spa Ideas for the Bathroom}

5. julieann commented
    January 16th, 2009 at 1:49pm

Holly!!! I am so excited for you. Decor8 will be opened to an even larger audience now and even more will become devote followers. I can’t wait to go out, buy it and see it in print. Hope you are treating yourself to a congratulation dinner this weekend!

julieanns last blog post: Please meet our fantastic Host, Jenn!

6. Leah Daziens commented
    January 16th, 2009 at 2:42pm

VERY COOL! I don’t usually read People, but I am going to go out and grab it. Congrats : )

7. Liza commented
    January 16th, 2009 at 2:44pm

Sweeeeeeeet!!!!!!! You deserve this Holly! I will definitely buy it! Congratulations.

Lizas last blog post: Richard Powers

8. Sabina commented
    January 16th, 2009 at 2:51pm

Congratulations!! I’ll pick up a copy and check it out!!

Happy Friday!!

Sabinas last blog post: Fridays Photos – White House and Decorator To the President

9. Andy Mathis commented
    January 16th, 2009 at 3:13pm

Well, look at you, Miss Thing.
    You go, girl.

Andy Mathiss last blog post: Well, I am back from Atlanta Gift Show, License and Design, AmericasMart

10. Monica commented
    January 16th, 2009 at 3:26pm

That is fantastic! Congratulations Holly!!!

11. Sara LeeAnn commented
    January 16th, 2009 at 3:48pm

Congratulations on reaching a new audience! I’ll be sure to pick up a copy next time I’m out.

Sara LeeAnns last blog post: Chocolate Amaretto Cheesecake Muffins

12. molly commented
    January 16th, 2009 at 4:13pm

Congratulations Holly! Can’t wait ti check it out!

mollys last blog post: Snow…

13. Beth commented
    January 16th, 2009 at 4:23pm

Very neat to be picked up by this kind of mainstream audience. I think a lot of people aren’t even aware of the amazing shapes, forms and colors the handmade and crafting world can take.

Beths last blog post: Wedding Rings – Engagement/Wedding Theme Repeating Tif

14. Sherry commented
    January 16th, 2009 at 4:38pm

That. Is. So. Friggin. Exciting.

And to think I was psyched about scoring a cheap-o gourd lamp at Target last night. Fantastic amazing news- and nobody deserves it more than you!

xoxo,
    Sherry (& John)

Sherrys last blog post: How To Stain A Concrete Floor

15. Tabitha (From Single to Married) commented
    January 16th, 2009 at 4:50pm

hey – congrats to you! That’s awesome!

Tabitha (From Single to Married)s last blog post: A Little Friday Gratitude – Reading a Good Book

16. Genevieve Gail commented
    January 16th, 2009 at 5:16pm

Way to go Holly!!! That is super cool- congrats!

Genevieve Gails last blog post: Make Your Own Jewelry Sets

17. Amy Steinberg commented
    January 16th, 2009 at 5:24pm

Congratulations!

Amy Steinbergs last blog post: Win an original piece of Travel Art

18. patricia commented
    January 16th, 2009 at 5:47pm

That’s wonderful! Congratulations Holly!

patricias last blog post: 401st post giveaway

19. i.d. commented
    January 16th, 2009 at 6:01pm

Congraulations – that’s fantastic! xx

i.d.s last blog post: Paris Would Be Pretty This Time Of Year

20. Tina in Boston commented
    January 16th, 2009 at 8:58pm

Congratulations, Holly! I love StyleWatch. It isn’t always found whee People is, but I love it when I do find it. I hope this leads to bigger and better things for you!

Tina in Bostons last blog post: Mandarin Collar Coat Slide Show

21. Chef Messy commented
    January 16th, 2009 at 11:13pm

Whoohoo! Yahoo for promoting handmade! That is awesome of you! So exciting you get to be in People Mag, too! I’m so happy to see you hitting the bigtime because I think you are always SPOT ON to what is new and fresh and stylish.

Chef Messys last blog post: For the Birds or Maybe the Fat Neighborhood Squirrels, Whoever Gets There First

22. arundati commented
    January 17th, 2009 at 4:24am

wow!! congratulations holly…. well deserved!!

arundatis last blog post: Is there such a thing as a perfect breakfast?

23. Melissa de la Fuente commented
    January 17th, 2009 at 9:28am

This is just so awesome! Congratulations sweetie! What a wonderful treat!
    xo
    Melis

24. Shanon commented
    January 17th, 2009 at 2:43pm

Yay Holly! That is fantastic! You are just everywhere– and I love it! =)
    (Okay, you’re not really EVERYWHERE, I would love to see you in even more places, but you know what I mean hopefully.)
    Congrats!

Shanons last blog post: The Arrival

25. Joy commented
    January 17th, 2009 at 4:15pm

How cool is that? A great start to the new year – congrats!

Joy

26. Nancy Tobin commented
    January 18th, 2009 at 8:40am

Yay Holly!

Nancy Tobins last blog post: Tickle I – Valentine – 8 x 10 Inch Archival Print

27. tammy commented
    January 18th, 2009 at 1:34pm

congratulations! and what do I love so much about your site? your great & inspiring taste and the fact that you are genuinely always happy for others – in this case, the mentions of etsy, dawanda & simplemente blanco. v. proud for you.

28. Elaine commented
    January 19th, 2009 at 4:01pm

Super duper cool Holly!! Congrats. So so cool.

29. So Haute commented
    January 19th, 2009 at 11:58pm

Congrats Holly! Very exciting!!!

30. Angela commented
    January 21st, 2009 at 1:24am

Congrats!! The audience who reads people definitely has a wider reach than some niche magazines to do with style, design and fashion. hopefully it proves to be great publicity!! congrats again!

Angelas last blog post: SALE dreams – skinny mini pearl necklace

31. decor8 commented
    January 21st, 2009 at 10:20am

Thanks all! Definitely an honor and a bit surreal. This high I’m on will last for awhile.

32. victoria commented
    January 21st, 2009 at 8:43pm

whoa!!! that’s amazing and huge news! congratulations, holly!

the celebs will be knocking on the door, soon!

33. Gis commented
    January 26th, 2009 at 10:27am

way to go sweetieee!

Giss last blog post: 10 Posts from my Reader!