Thanks, People mag!

January 16, 2009

What a way to kick off a long holiday weekend! Look for me today in People magazine in their February 2009 Stylewatch issue… this is really exciting! A few months ago People asked me to be part of a select group of Style Experts they’d chosen to  pull together a list of what’s hot to make The Hip List. I praised handmade as being hot and mentioned a few of my personal favorites out there. They took my list and not knowing who would make the cut, I took a deep breath this morning as I opened the issue. Ta-dah! They mentioned my top three: Etsy, DaWanda, and Boston-based Simplemente Blanco.

It’s great to be in People magazine because it is a completely new audience for me. I’m honored to be part of their panel of experts which includes: Melissa Lavigne, David Morrison, Ann Mack, Holly Brickley & Courtney Leeds, Amanda Freeman, Josh Kafka, Carolyn O’Neil, Helena Echlin, and Mia Kim.

Thanks, People mag!

(Images from People magazine, February 2009 issue, on newsstands today!)

You Might Also Like

• Reply Tamstyles January 16, 2009 at 1:25 pm

Congrats. I have a subscription myself..WOO HOO!

• Reply Lea January 16, 2009 at 1:27 pm

Wow, congrats!

• Reply my Trampoline January 16, 2009 at 1:42 pm

congrats holly….and even better, it will expose sites such as etsy and the handmade movement to the masses

my Trampolines last blog post: original polaroid collage I’LL JUST SIT HERE

• Reply Bethany January 16, 2009 at 1:44 pm

Wow! Congratulations, Holly!! I am not a regular reader of People magazine, but this might just be the perfect excuse to pick one up to read with a cup of a tea on Saturday morning.

I’m actually in the midst of putting together the January style guide for my own blog, so this will be the perfect inspiration!! :)

Bethanys last blog post: Pieces of Life {Quick Spa Ideas for the Bathroom}

• Reply julieann January 16, 2009 at 1:49 pm

Holly!!! I am so excited for you. Decor8 will be opened to an even larger audience now and even more will become devote followers. I can’t wait to go out, buy it and see it in print. Hope you are treating yourself to a congratulation dinner this weekend!

julieanns last blog post: Please meet our fantastic Host, Jenn!

• Reply Leah Daziens January 16, 2009 at 2:42 pm

VERY COOL! I don’t usually read People, but I am going to go out and grab it. Congrats : )

• Reply Liza January 16, 2009 at 2:44 pm

Sweeeeeeeet!!!!!!! You deserve this Holly! I will definitely buy it! Congratulations.

Lizas last blog post: Richard Powers

• Reply Sabina January 16, 2009 at 2:51 pm

Congratulations!! I’ll pick up a copy and check it out!!

Happy Friday!!

Sabinas last blog post: Fridays Photos – White House and Decorator To the President

• Reply Andy Mathis January 16, 2009 at 3:13 pm

Well, look at you, Miss Thing.
    You go, girl.

Andy Mathiss last blog post: Well, I am back from Atlanta Gift Show, License and Design, AmericasMart

• Reply Monica January 16, 2009 at 3:26 pm

That is fantastic! Congratulations Holly!!!

• Reply Sara LeeAnn January 16, 2009 at 3:48 pm

Congratulations on reaching a new audience! I’ll be sure to pick up a copy next time I’m out.

Sara LeeAnns last blog post: Chocolate Amaretto Cheesecake Muffins

• Reply molly January 16, 2009 at 4:13 pm

Congratulations Holly! Can’t wait ti check it out!

mollys last blog post: Snow…

• Reply Beth January 16, 2009 at 4:23 pm

Very neat to be picked up by this kind of mainstream audience. I think a lot of people aren’t even aware of the amazing shapes, forms and colors the handmade and crafting world can take.

Beths last blog post: Wedding Rings – Engagement/Wedding Theme Repeating Tif

• Reply Sherry January 16, 2009 at 4:38 pm

That. Is. So. Friggin. Exciting.

And to think I was psyched about scoring a cheap-o gourd lamp at Target last night. Fantastic amazing news- and nobody deserves it more than you!

Sherry (& John)

Sherrys last blog post: How To Stain A Concrete Floor

• Reply Tabitha (From Single to Married) January 16, 2009 at 4:50 pm

hey – congrats to you! That’s awesome!

Tabitha (From Single to Married)s last blog post: A Little Friday Gratitude – Reading a Good Book

• Reply Genevieve Gail January 16, 2009 at 5:16 pm

Way to go Holly!!! That is super cool- congrats!

Genevieve Gails last blog post: Make Your Own Jewelry Sets

• Reply Amy Steinberg January 16, 2009 at 5:24 pm

Amy Steinbergs last blog post: Win an original piece of Travel Art

• Reply patricia January 16, 2009 at 5:47 pm

That’s wonderful! Congratulations Holly!

patricias last blog post: 401st post giveaway

• Reply i.d. January 16, 2009 at 6:01 pm

Congraulations – that’s fantastic! xx

i.d.s last blog post: Paris Would Be Pretty This Time Of Year

• Reply Tina in Boston January 16, 2009 at 8:58 pm

Congratulations, Holly! I love StyleWatch. It isn’t always found whee People is, but I love it when I do find it. I hope this leads to bigger and better things for you!

Tina in Bostons last blog post: Mandarin Collar Coat Slide Show

• Reply Chef Messy January 16, 2009 at 11:13 pm

Whoohoo! Yahoo for promoting handmade! That is awesome of you! So exciting you get to be in People Mag, too! I’m so happy to see you hitting the bigtime because I think you are always SPOT ON to what is new and fresh and stylish.

Chef Messys last blog post: For the Birds or Maybe the Fat Neighborhood Squirrels, Whoever Gets There First

• Reply arundati January 17, 2009 at 4:24 am

wow!! congratulations holly…. well deserved!!

arundatis last blog post: Is there such a thing as a perfect breakfast?

• Reply Melissa de la Fuente January 17, 2009 at 9:28 am

This is just so awesome! Congratulations sweetie! What a wonderful treat!

• Reply Shanon January 17, 2009 at 2:43 pm

Yay Holly! That is fantastic! You are just everywhere– and I love it! =)
    (Okay, you’re not really EVERYWHERE, I would love to see you in even more places, but you know what I mean hopefully.)

Shanons last blog post: The Arrival

• Reply Joy January 17, 2009 at 4:15 pm

How cool is that? A great start to the new year – congrats!

• Reply Nancy Tobin January 18, 2009 at 8:40 am

Yay Holly!

Nancy Tobins last blog post: Tickle I – Valentine – 8 x 10 Inch Archival Print

• Reply tammy January 18, 2009 at 1:34 pm

congratulations! and what do I love so much about your site? your great & inspiring taste and the fact that you are genuinely always happy for others – in this case, the mentions of etsy, dawanda & simplemente blanco. v. proud for you.

• Reply Elaine January 19, 2009 at 4:01 pm

Super duper cool Holly!! Congrats. So so cool.

• Reply So Haute January 19, 2009 at 11:58 pm

Congrats Holly! Very exciting!!!

• Reply Angela January 21, 2009 at 1:24 am

Congrats!! The audience who reads people definitely has a wider reach than some niche magazines to do with style, design and fashion. hopefully it proves to be great publicity!! congrats again!

Angelas last blog post: SALE dreams – skinny mini pearl necklace

• Reply decor8 January 21, 2009 at 10:20 am

Thanks all! Definitely an honor and a bit surreal. This high I’m on will last for awhile.

• Reply victoria January 21, 2009 at 8:43 pm

whoa!!! that’s amazing and huge news! congratulations, holly!

the celebs will be knocking on the door, soon!

• Reply Gis January 26, 2009 at 10:27 am

way to go sweetieee!

Giss last blog post: 10 Posts from my Reader!