Events + Markets

Tinlark Gallery Party in L.A.

January 16, 2009

I can’t believe I nearly forgot to post this and the event is in Los Angeles TOMORROW NIGHT. The Tinlark Gallery is throwing a party to celebrate their 2 year anniversary and along with the party they’re presenting the INSPIRED exhibit curated by 7 art & design bloggers and I’m one of the curators. I’ve never heard of a gallery working with bloggers before, this is indeed a first and I love it! A big thanks to Tinlark for inviting me, truly an honor (and it was always a dream of mine to curate an entire gallery event so this is almost as good)!

“Support from art and design bloggers has significantly contributed to Tinlark’s success, garnering the gallery an active and international fan and collector base. In celebration of Tinlark’s second anniversary, in homage and as an indebted nod to the influence of these bloggers, Tinlark gives a three-dimensional presence to the keen eye and artistic penchants of eight of the gallery’s favorite cyber pals. As Tinlark Gallery owner Cris McCall puts it, they are the “curators of her day”, so it seems fitting to have them curate the art for her second anniversary show, aptly located in Hollywood’s own Crossroads of the World. Each participant will showcase the talent of one or two of her favorite emerging artists culled from across the country.”

If you’re in L.A. tomorrow you will definitely want to catch this event…

Details:
Saturday, January 17, 6pm – ?? (dancing, cocktails, food, fun!)
Tinlark Gallery
6671 Sunset Blvd #1512
Parking available in the Crossroads of the World parking lot on Las Palmas just north of Sunset Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA

(images from the tinlark gallery)

6 Comments

• Reply jek January 16, 2009 at 7:13 pm

ooh! it’s so close to me but we’re heading out of town for the weekend, drats!

jeks last blog post: the madness that is….

• Reply Sara LeeAnn January 16, 2009 at 8:30 pm

What an unbelievable honor and opportunity for you! This event sounds like such a blast – enjoy! Please post pics so I can live vicariously through you! ;-)

Sara LeeAnns last blog post: Chocolate Amaretto Cheesecake Muffins

• Reply Linda Crispell January 16, 2009 at 9:22 pm

looks like a great event. very cool gallery!

Linda Crispells last blog post: Beautiful Things

• Reply gerri ward January 17, 2009 at 12:48 am

Wow! It sounds like it’ll be fun. I wish I could make it but I’m in Detroit freezing. Have fun and by the way you’re blog is solely the bomb. I luv it!

gerri wards last blog post: Solely Collectible !

• Reply John Trosko January 17, 2009 at 1:38 pm

Holly– I will be there, probably in shorts and t-shirt. It’s been so hot here in LA! 85-degrees yesterday!

John aka OrganizingLA

John Troskos last blog post: In the Land of the Happy Labelmakers

• Reply At Home with Kim Vallee January 17, 2009 at 10:16 pm

I am visiting LA right now. Sadly, we already made plans for tonight. It is hard to keep up with your blogroll on vacation. It is a cool initiative by the gallery.

At Home with Kim Vallees last blog post: My Arrival in Los Angeles