New: Two Days in July

You know how much I love collaborative projects so here’s yet another talented duo joining forces to challenge themselves and inspire others. Are you familiar with the work of Sarah Ahearn Bellemare (painter) and Kate Stavish (poet) and their new project called Two Days in July? They aren’t saying much about it (which makes me more excited) but tomorrow their ideas will be set free here on their new blog. All I’m hearing is that this is a, “new collaboration of paintings and poems.” I’m super curious to see what they’ve come up with. I’m sure we can expect something great!

Be sure to bookmark this link and visit these ladies tomorrow to see what they have in store! Congrats Sarah and Kate!

What do you think of collaborative projects? Have you ever had an interest in teaming up with a friend? If so, what would you be interested in doing?

(image from two days in july)

Posted by decor8 in inspiration on January 20, 2009

1. ingermaaike commented
    January 20th, 2009 at 12:21pm

Duly bookmarked looking curiously forwards to where it will lead.
    If teaming up is working on new ideas furnished by the other then yes , in that case I love it. And have done so making very large wraps in colors I would not think of.

ingermaaikes last blog post: The snow is falling

2. hongyi commented
    January 20th, 2009 at 12:43pm

Hi Holly!
    Ur site’s so delightful…I visit it almost everyday! Thank you for ur dedication in sharing design ideas and inspiring ur readers with ur posts :)

coincidentally im thinking of starting a collaborative project as well. Nothing big – a mini exhibition featuring some of my paintings, and getting a photographer friend of mine to feature some of her work too, both with a common theme. i enjoy working with others…it’s such a breath of fresh air, u get to try new things, n u learn so much from each other.

looking forward to checking out sarah and kate’s project tmr…well done, s+k!

hongyis last blog post: Handmade Dangles with Dried Orange Slices

3. Emilia commented
    January 20th, 2009 at 1:02pm

I LOVE collaborating with friends especially since a few of my closest friends live 3000 miles away. I have done some blog collaboration in the past – http://www.useyourwordsproject.blogspot.com – but would love to do more in the future!

Emilias last blog post: My Lobster and Swan Inspired Room

4. Taylor commented
    January 20th, 2009 at 1:18pm

I keep up with http://ordinarymatters.blogspot.com/ – two photographers, a photograph a day for 365 days.
    I love seeing on how some days the photos are similar. Such as the trees on day 14.
    Day 54 was a good one, too.

Taylors last blog post: Valentine’s Wishlist

5. Rona commented
    January 20th, 2009 at 2:34pm

Web collaborations have been pretty popular lately. I am embarking on a collaborative project with a poet/ writer friend (I am a photographer). My images for the project (Breathing In) are posted on plumandlion.com and we are planning to publish a book.

Ronas last blog post: Away

6. sarah ahearn bellemare commented
    January 20th, 2009 at 3:06pm

hi holly!!! kate + i are over the moon! thanks so very very much for posting about our project! i wanted to share a little background before the official launch of our project tomorrow. see here for our story ~ http://twodaysinjuly.blogspot.com/2009/01/it-begins-tomorrow.html

sarah ahearn bellemares last blog post: it begins tomorrow.

7. Caroline commented
    January 20th, 2009 at 3:07pm

For sure! I live in a small town where there’s not much going on in the young creative kind of scene, so my friend and I collaborate to keep motivated – make clothes/do graphic design and she’s a hairstylist/makeup artist, so we help each other out with competitions/fashion shows and are going to have a show later in the year. It definitely keeps me inspired working with other talented young people!!

Carolines last blog post: Skirt for Jess

8. Kristan commented
    January 20th, 2009 at 3:44pm

Thanks for sharing, this look fabulous!

Kristans last blog post: Inauguration

9. Tara commented
    January 20th, 2009 at 4:14pm

I really like the idea because not only does it keep two people connected, but I believe it invigorates creativity. I was thrilled to stumble upon this collaborative blog http://www.2cleverblog.com/ and have found it to be one of my favorites.

10. Desiree Fawn commented
    January 20th, 2009 at 7:17pm

I would love to work on a photographic collaboration with someone — I know it’s been done, but I think it would be helpful to have that drive, that goal in mind while working on my photography.
    Hmmm, perhaps I should actually start looking for someone — it would be so fun to work with someone on a project like that… either from Canada or anywhere, really.

Desiree Fawns last blog post: a day in the life of a happy, happy boston.

11. Terriaw commented
    January 21st, 2009 at 9:42am

I love this idea. I think it’s really wonderful that Sarah and Kate have made it a priority throughout their entire lives to stay friends and remain close. I admire that because I haven’t had such fortune with girlfriends over the years. I would love to do a collaborative project with a friend, especially to see what creativity we can bring out in each other. I think this is a very down-to-earth idea but very enlightening and hopeful.

Terriaws last blog post: I Got Stuck

12. nikki hardin commented
    January 21st, 2009 at 9:53pm

Several years ago, I had a collaborative website (Muse to Muse) with a friend who had moved to Prague. We each posted every day on a different theme for every day of the week. It was our way of keeping in touch and it was magical.

nikki hardins last blog post: