Selina Lake: Updated Portfolio

When London stylist and author Selina Lake contacts me I know I’m in for a treat. Yesterday was no different when she wrote in to share her new work. I immediately clicked over to her online portfolio and found these beautiful spaces, the first photo shows the fabulous Kusmi tea. You know, I’m so happy that tea is becoming a bit more trendy lately at least in America because I’ve grown to really love it and though I’m not about to fully cross over (I still enjoy a cappuccino or espresso and iced coffee in the summer), I can’t deny that tea has taken over as a new obsession of mine. Part of the appeal aside from being healthy is that you can find so many flavors and of course the pretty tins… you can leave your tea on the counter and perhaps it will look this lovely…

If you need a reminder of who Selina is, here’s a link to her new book Bazaar Style that I wrote about on decor8. It’s still a favorite decorating book of mine, top 10 actually! If you don’t own it and love bohemian, eclectic, flea market style then you’ll have to add it to your list because trust me, it’s a keeper.

Psst: I had an interview with Selina exactly one year ago here (the photos are also worth clicking over for, wow!)

Thanks Selina for the updates!

(images from selina lake)

Posted by decor8 in inspiration, textiles on January 20, 2009

1. Hanna commented
    January 20th, 2009 at 12:53pm

Love the hits of pink!

2. Jamie commented
    January 20th, 2009 at 2:04pm

What a lovely home!

3. erin commented
    January 20th, 2009 at 2:08pm

loove those photos. thanks for this post, i dont know how i missed that first interview, it was great and lots of inspiring pics to save in my deco-file!

i need to get my hands on this book!

4. B commented
    January 20th, 2009 at 2:23pm

I love every single photo! I have pink wellington boots like the ones in the last photo!

Bs last blog post: Polaroid is back!

5. Heather commented
    January 20th, 2009 at 2:46pm

I love the pop of colors on this post, just what I need for those grey New England days! Kusmi tea is a favorite of mine, too. The containers are so beautiful, you want to keep them out on display…Stay Warm!

Heathers last blog post: one world one heart…

6. Du Buh Du Designs commented
    January 20th, 2009 at 4:26pm

What I like about her style is how she uses just the right amount of color..not too much but enough to make a room exciting and elegant. The tins are sweet and the last photo is a lot of fun:)
    ~Christine

Du Buh Du Designss last blog post: One World, One Heart Giveaway 2009!

7. Caroline commented
    January 20th, 2009 at 5:45pm

absolutely gorgeous! and Bazaar Style is one of my fave books too…..
    esp love the mix of the patchwork quilt with the LOVE cushions….

x

Carolines last blog post: an inspiring home….

8. lindsey clare commented
    January 20th, 2009 at 7:22pm

wow! i am usually into a bit less of a romantic style, but these photos are so gorgeous.

lindsey clares last blog post: good morning – a card design

9. JENNIFER RAMOS commented
    January 20th, 2009 at 8:58pm

Selina’s book BAZAAR STYLE is one of my favorites from my collection. She rocks at what she does….Love that pic with the LOVE pillows… : )

Jen Ramos

‘Cards & Prints You’ll Love…’
    madebygirl.blogspot.com

10. adele commented
    January 21st, 2009 at 4:43am

i was amazed to see she had teacups displayed with fake roses in them – something which i’ve had in my bedroom for about 6 months now and was always rather chuffed at thinking of the idea!
    great minds think alike perhaps? although hers look so much more wonderful in that setting, the house is just gorgeous.

adeles last blog post: art is hard

11. Anne-Julie commented
    January 21st, 2009 at 5:34am

I really love her decoration style, thank you for posting about her. I missed your post last year, so it’s a new discovery for me. As we plan to move this year, I’m already thinking of a new home decoration.. Did you post somewhere your top 10 books, Holly? So I can try to find a couple of them, and hope to be inspired :) Thank you!

12. kat kat commented
    January 21st, 2009 at 6:41am

ooooh i looove thos LOVE pillows… anyone know where to buy them from?

13. Natalie commented
    January 21st, 2009 at 6:59am

OMG the first three pictures are right out of my imagination! What beautiful styling and use of muted colours!

Natalies last blog post: Where I work

14. ROOM design studio commented
    January 21st, 2009 at 7:55am

I love her style I love her style I love her style !!! Cant stop looking at the pics!!! I’m definetly blogging about this! thanks Holly!

ROOM design studios last blog post: Once Upon a Room ..

15. hippyxic commented
    January 21st, 2009 at 11:06am

I just LOVE!!LOVE!!LOVE!!! Seline Lake style****

16. Kathryn commented
    January 21st, 2009 at 12:44pm

hi holly
    selina lake is amazing isnt she,those photos are beautiful thanks for re-featuring her, i have bazzar style in my top 10 too, perhaps you should do a list of your all time top 10 books sometime, interiors ones , and maybe others too?
    i think those pillowcases are avaliable on cox and cox web site. i’ve seen them someplace ( :
    kat x

Kathryns last blog post: Another voice

17. alice commented
    January 21st, 2009 at 1:06pm

i love all the little pops of color! =) it’s a really nice offset to the gloomy undertones. thanks for sharing!

alices last blog post: jason wu’s spring 2009 collection

18. Heidi Jo commented
    January 21st, 2009 at 4:19pm

Absolutely gorgeous!

19. Jenny commented
    January 22nd, 2009 at 4:25am

Beautiful! The Kusmi tea looks really decorative, maybe I should put mine out too :)

Jennys last blog post: One Book out of Nine

20. Sarah commented
    January 23rd, 2009 at 1:20pm

Thanks for the tip on Bazaar Style..I rushed out and bought it after reading your piece and it is soo delightful. Makes me very jealous thhat I don’t seem to be able to be quite as creative.

21. Top Bird commented
    January 23rd, 2009 at 1:44pm

Lovely styling – I like her clever use of colour and her tea shots are just lovely. xx

Top Birds last blog post: Sponsored birdy post: Hello!Lucky

22. decor8 commented
    January 23rd, 2009 at 4:10pm

Kat Kat – The pillowcases are from LUSH Designs

23. Melissa commented
    August 27th, 2009 at 7:17pm

does anyone know where those LOVE pillows are from?