Inspiration, Objects

Selina Lake: Updated Portfolio

January 20, 2009

When London stylist and author Selina Lake contacts me I know I’m in for a treat. Yesterday was no different when she wrote in to share her new work. I immediately clicked over to her online portfolio and found these beautiful spaces, the first photo shows the fabulous Kusmi tea. You know, I’m so happy that tea is becoming a bit more trendy lately at least in America because I’ve grown to really love it and though I’m not about to fully cross over (I still enjoy a cappuccino or espresso and iced coffee in the summer), I can’t deny that tea has taken over as a new obsession of mine. Part of the appeal aside from being healthy is that you can find so many flavors and of course the pretty tins… you can leave your tea on the counter and perhaps it will look this lovely…

If you need a reminder of who Selina is, here’s a link to her new book Bazaar Style that I wrote about on decor8. It’s still a favorite decorating book of mine, top 10 actually! If you don’t own it and love bohemian, eclectic, flea market style then you’ll have to add it to your list because trust me, it’s a keeper.

Psst: I had an interview with Selina exactly one year ago here (the photos are also worth clicking over for, wow!)

Thanks Selina for the updates!

(images from selina lake)

You Might Also Like

• Reply Hanna January 20, 2009 at 12:53 pm

Love the hits of pink!

• Reply Jamie January 20, 2009 at 2:04 pm

What a lovely home!

• Reply erin January 20, 2009 at 2:08 pm

loove those photos. thanks for this post, i dont know how i missed that first interview, it was great and lots of inspiring pics to save in my deco-file!

i need to get my hands on this book!

• Reply B January 20, 2009 at 2:23 pm

I love every single photo! I have pink wellington boots like the ones in the last photo!

Bs last blog post: Polaroid is back!

• Reply Heather January 20, 2009 at 2:46 pm

I love the pop of colors on this post, just what I need for those grey New England days! Kusmi tea is a favorite of mine, too. The containers are so beautiful, you want to keep them out on display…Stay Warm!

Heathers last blog post: one world one heart…

• Reply Du Buh Du Designs January 20, 2009 at 4:26 pm

What I like about her style is how she uses just the right amount of color..not too much but enough to make a room exciting and elegant. The tins are sweet and the last photo is a lot of fun:)

Du Buh Du Designss last blog post: One World, One Heart Giveaway 2009!

• Reply Caroline January 20, 2009 at 5:45 pm

absolutely gorgeous! and Bazaar Style is one of my fave books too…..
    esp love the mix of the patchwork quilt with the LOVE cushions….

Carolines last blog post: an inspiring home….

• Reply lindsey clare January 20, 2009 at 7:22 pm

wow! i am usually into a bit less of a romantic style, but these photos are so gorgeous.

lindsey clares last blog post: good morning – a card design

• Reply JENNIFER RAMOS January 20, 2009 at 8:58 pm

Selina’s book BAZAAR STYLE is one of my favorites from my collection. She rocks at what she does….Love that pic with the LOVE pillows… : )

Jen Ramos

‘Cards & Prints You’ll Love…’

• Reply adele January 21, 2009 at 4:43 am

i was amazed to see she had teacups displayed with fake roses in them – something which i’ve had in my bedroom for about 6 months now and was always rather chuffed at thinking of the idea!
    great minds think alike perhaps? although hers look so much more wonderful in that setting, the house is just gorgeous.

adeles last blog post: art is hard

• Reply Anne-Julie January 21, 2009 at 5:34 am

I really love her decoration style, thank you for posting about her. I missed your post last year, so it’s a new discovery for me. As we plan to move this year, I’m already thinking of a new home decoration.. Did you post somewhere your top 10 books, Holly? So I can try to find a couple of them, and hope to be inspired :) Thank you!

• Reply kat kat January 21, 2009 at 6:41 am

ooooh i looove thos LOVE pillows… anyone know where to buy them from?

• Reply Natalie January 21, 2009 at 6:59 am

OMG the first three pictures are right out of my imagination! What beautiful styling and use of muted colours!

Natalies last blog post: Where I work

• Reply ROOM design studio January 21, 2009 at 7:55 am

I love her style I love her style I love her style !!! Cant stop looking at the pics!!! I’m definetly blogging about this! thanks Holly!

ROOM design studios last blog post: Once Upon a Room ..

• Reply hippyxic January 21, 2009 at 11:06 am

I just LOVE!!LOVE!!LOVE!!! Seline Lake style****

• Reply Kathryn January 21, 2009 at 12:44 pm

hi holly
    selina lake is amazing isnt she,those photos are beautiful thanks for re-featuring her, i have bazzar style in my top 10 too, perhaps you should do a list of your all time top 10 books sometime, interiors ones , and maybe others too?
    i think those pillowcases are avaliable on cox and cox web site. i’ve seen them someplace ( :
    kat x

Kathryns last blog post: Another voice

• Reply alice January 21, 2009 at 1:06 pm

i love all the little pops of color! =) it’s a really nice offset to the gloomy undertones. thanks for sharing!

alices last blog post: jason wu’s spring 2009 collection

• Reply Heidi Jo January 21, 2009 at 4:19 pm

Absolutely gorgeous!

• Reply Jenny January 22, 2009 at 4:25 am

Beautiful! The Kusmi tea looks really decorative, maybe I should put mine out too :)

Jennys last blog post: One Book out of Nine

• Reply Sarah January 23, 2009 at 1:20 pm

Thanks for the tip on Bazaar Style..I rushed out and bought it after reading your piece and it is soo delightful. Makes me very jealous thhat I don’t seem to be able to be quite as creative.

• Reply Top Bird January 23, 2009 at 1:44 pm

Lovely styling – I like her clever use of colour and her tea shots are just lovely. xx

Top Birds last blog post: Sponsored birdy post: Hello!Lucky

• Reply decor8 January 23, 2009 at 4:10 pm

Kat Kat – The pillowcases are from LUSH Designs

• Reply Melissa August 27, 2009 at 7:17 pm

does anyone know where those LOVE pillows are from?