Arts + Crafts

A Few Favorite Things…

January 23, 2009

A few things to look at today that are affordable, pretty, and just may make you smile!

A letterpress library card from Simple Song Designs.

City cake plate by Esther Coombs.

Prints that look like photos by Christopher Stott.

Light Shade made from vintage finds by NICE.

Prints by Jen Skelley in Massachusetts that have a definite folksy feel.

(images linked to sources above)

16 Comments

• Reply lindsay January 23, 2009 at 1:13 pm

I think the pendant lamp in the 4th photo is so sweet. These things always look nice in photos…I’m afraid if I attempted it myself though, it would look more crafty-don’t than crafty chic…. :)

lindsays last blog post: I Heart You…Free VDAY cards to download

• Reply Wendy January 23, 2009 at 1:16 pm

I have been admiring Jen Skelley’s work for awhile now! I love her illustrations! I can’t even pick a favorite, I love them all.

Wendys last blog post: And the winner of the give-a-way is …

• Reply michelle January 23, 2009 at 1:24 pm

i never fancied myself a “doillie” person but that light is fabulous

michelles last blog post: Bear With Me a Bit

• Reply Uncle Beefy January 23, 2009 at 1:29 pm

I guess I’m up with lindsay and michelle ’cause that pendant just made my heart smile! :) Damn, it’s cute!

Uncle Beefys last blog post: Sweet Melissa

• Reply Zee January 23, 2009 at 1:49 pm

Wonderful picks, as always!!! I love Jen’s art too!

• Reply Melissa de la Fuente January 23, 2009 at 4:06 pm

Oh, I love all of these picks! They are so wonderful and cheerful and bright!
    A nice way to end the weekend…..
    xo
    Melis

• Reply stacy di January 23, 2009 at 4:17 pm

that light shade…is wonderful!! and I love the prints too…

stacy dis last blog post: for you and your walls.

• Reply karen m. January 23, 2009 at 6:38 pm

Everything’s gorgeous! Thanks for sharing these beauties, especially that darling light shade.

• Reply desiree@lookiloos January 23, 2009 at 7:11 pm

I love Esther Coombs. I have two of her plates.

desiree@lookilooss last blog post: Chateau Saisons

• Reply Shanon January 24, 2009 at 11:28 am

This post is full of yummy loveliness. I’m inspired!

Shanons last blog post: Happiness is Blue

• Reply Jamie January 24, 2009 at 12:30 pm

love the row houses!

• Reply nice-etc January 24, 2009 at 4:04 pm

holly, thank you so, so much for thinking of my light shade for this post! it has truly made my week :)

<3 caitlin

nice-etcs last blog post:

• Reply Renovation Therapy January 25, 2009 at 2:33 pm

Thanks for feeding my library card addiction! LOL

• Reply Jen Skelley January 25, 2009 at 10:03 pm

Thank you so much for including my art on your blog.

Jen Skelleys last blog post: Mugs Screen Print -limited edition screen print

• Reply Hazel January 25, 2009 at 10:52 pm

Very cool Valentine’s card. My dad was a librarian and this takes me right back. When I was little I used to draw the “Date Due” grid in all my books.

Hazels last blog post: The Blue Rider in the Yellow House

• Reply Ana January 26, 2009 at 2:23 pm

Thank you for continually inspiring me with fun posts!

And thanks for the introduction to Christopher Scott’s work. It is lovely!

Anas last blog post: Photo Monday: Day at the Zoo