Objects

Excellent Furniture Deals @ Shabby Chic

February 6, 2009

This rustic solid elm coffee table is gorgeous. I wrote about it today along with some other gorgeous deals over at Real Simple because I’ve had my eye on this particular table for a year now and nearly died when Shabby Chic slashed the price yesterday from $695 to $199. Problem is, I have since purchased another table so I have to pass on this beauty.

I love large coffee tables like this one because I enjoy sitting on cushions dining by candlelight or serving snacks to my friends – we’re big on fondue and sushi parties but also serve a lot of cheese, wine, bread, and olives around here and so a large surface is extremely helpful. I just slide over my decorative items and stacks of interiors books and there’s plenty of room to get down to business and eat!

I currently have a large wood table like this in Germany and I love it, it’s a prized piece in my flat because it’s not only a beautiful chunk of natural wood (adds great warmth near my crisp snow white slipcovered sofa), but it is highly functional because I use it daily for everything from eating to entertaining, card games, board games, even crafting and painting while I watch television. Don’t miss the other huge savings over at Shabby Chic online! Get them before they are gone for good! I’m hoping the Ella Bench goes on sale because it would be perfect for my home office.

(image by shabby chic)

17 Comments

• Reply Rachel B. February 6, 2009 at 1:21 pm

That looks wonderful! my table is large, but not quite low enough. Hmmm…

Rachel B.s last blog post: Wood Grain Rug…

• Reply Rina February 6, 2009 at 1:28 pm

Hi Holly! I´m really enjoy your blog and all that beautiful and inspiring information. I want to thank you also for your post about Lavanda Casa de Te (Lavanda tea house) in Chile. It´s important to people all around the world know how beautiful is South America and all the amazing culture of their people. I´m from Argentina but now I´m living in Santiago de Chile, you can visit my blog when you have time because I try to show how beautiful my new city is and of course we have an amazing design, wich is growing and growing…
    Byee!

Rinas last blog post: Otra feria de antiguedades::Another fleamarket

• Reply Tracey February 6, 2009 at 1:50 pm

My mom took a farmer’s table and simply cut the legs down- makes a great, large coffee table! Why the huge sale- are they going in a different direction than “shabby chic”?

• Reply decor8 February 6, 2009 at 3:11 pm

Sadly, Shabby Chic filed chapter 11 so the company has to downsize and restructure, hence the sale.

• Reply Dana February 6, 2009 at 1:51 pm

I love Shabby Chic!

I wonder how is your office decorated!

Have a great weekend :)

Danas last blog post: Valentine’s Day Ideas

• Reply Heather February 6, 2009 at 2:05 pm

I agree…very nice! That looks like it might be kind of easy to make…if you had the right tools (a miter saw perhaps?)

Heathers last blog post: Soggy Bottom Boy

• Reply lesley February 6, 2009 at 2:41 pm

Posts like these are why I don’t feel so bad about checking my google reader once an hour at work – just scored some bedding for 75% off! score!

<3 decor8 <3

• Reply decor8 February 6, 2009 at 3:09 pm

Lesley that’s great!

• Reply Heidi Jo O. February 6, 2009 at 2:41 pm

I love your table in Germany and this coffee table totally looks like you!

Heidi Jo O.s last blog post: HELEN AMY MURRAY textiles

• Reply hoganfe handmade handbag originals February 6, 2009 at 3:09 pm

Wow love that table and those pillows rock!
    mary

• Reply Steph Bond @ Bondville February 6, 2009 at 3:11 pm

This coffee table is gorgeous. Wish I had enough room for it. Is that chandelier floating in the air?

Steph Bond @ Bondvilles last blog post: Drool-worthy Design: Saffron Craig textiles

• Reply Melissa de la Fuente February 6, 2009 at 4:31 pm

Oh, how lovely! I adore your coffee table in your flat in Germany and couldn’t agree more….I like a big table so, we can clear the things off and get down to eating or drawing or(in the case of my little ones) sometimes dancing! :)
    xo
    Melis

• Reply decor8 February 6, 2009 at 4:44 pm

Melissa that is so cute, my parents let me dance on the coffee table when I was little. They called me their little Solid Gold dancer. :)

• Reply james February 6, 2009 at 6:12 pm

i have a fairly large coffee table….maybe 3×5 or something. it’s a parsons table in simple white laminate that is fairly low to the ground. my boss was getting rid of it…..it was some kids of showroom piece. i love how much surface it offers. i keep it generally uncluttered so it easily doubles as a temporary workspace. bigger is better.

jamess last blog post: Our New 2009 Design + Marketing Grantee!

• Reply Rebecca February 6, 2009 at 7:47 pm

What a great table at a great price! If only I had a place to put it. I LOVE large coffee tables.

Rebeccas last blog post: My Orange Chairs

• Reply Jeni February 10, 2009 at 3:14 pm

I agree Steph, it does look like that chandelier is floating in the air! Holly, this is sad sad news… Rachel and her company are what inspired me to start in this business and what made me fall in love with design years ago. This along with all the magazines closing down truly breaks my heart…

Jenis last blog post: My Little Pixie

• Reply minnette@antique dressing table mirror September 30, 2009 at 8:16 am

Hi!

Did you ever get the bench for your home office? Shame they went chapter 11, but I guess thats the way of the world at the moment. Sad really.