Make Do & Mend Print

I fell in love with this Make do & mend print from Bold & Noble, available in azure blue or warm stone. This print is perfect for the designers reading. The pretty typography had me at hello — I love the simplicity and subtle femininity here. Bold & Noble is a design collective in Hertfordshire, England founded by Jane Tobitt and David Wardle. David also runs DesignedbyDavid, a company that specializes in design, illustration and typography for publishing. Jane has created custom design solutions for clients in both public and private sectors for over ten years for several prestigious clients. Together they are Bold & Noble and I’m happy & excited to have found them!

This print is £30 or approximately $43 USD.

Keep Calm & Carry On has a new friend! What do you think? Like it?

(images from bold & noble)

Posted by decor8 in Arts + Crafts, etsy on February 10, 2009

1. rosa murillo commented
    February 10th, 2009 at 11:49pm

yes! I love it, it gets me so much deeper than keep calm and carry on, it’s beautiful!

2. Carolyn commented
    February 11th, 2009 at 12:33am

wow — love the elegant details and simplicity of it — definitely a new friend for keep calm & carry on :)

Carolyns last blog post: Clear and Simple Monday

3. Katy commented
    February 11th, 2009 at 12:46am

This wold love very cool embroidered smaller and hung in a frame too. Love it!

4. Melissa Lewis - Off The Wall commented
    February 11th, 2009 at 12:51am

Love it, very creative. The colors are great too:)

5. QC Blinds commented
    February 11th, 2009 at 2:18am

I just love these, very creative.

6. Lexy commented
    February 11th, 2009 at 3:15am

I think I need both of these posters. They are definately a good paor. I need to learn to “make do” and “keep calm” – being the ultimate crazy perfectionist that I am!

Lexys last blog post: Hello, Wednesday.

7. Tilda B. Hervé commented
    February 11th, 2009 at 3:44am

Dear Holly! I’m very curious about your randoms….
    Tag, you’re it! (find the instructions on my blog)

Tilda B. Hervés last blog post: Tagged : 6 random things

8. Valentin commented
    February 11th, 2009 at 4:20am

lovely type

9. Concha commented
    February 11th, 2009 at 4:52am

I saw this poster last week and I love it! I’m seriously thinking about buying one for my sewing room. I adore the blue shade and the lettering!

Conchas last blog post: OMG!

10. Nicole R. commented
    February 11th, 2009 at 6:31am

This is so sweet. It’s so timely considering the economy these days, and I’m certain the ‘green’ folks would love its message as well.

11. Jack commented
    February 11th, 2009 at 7:40am

Acabei de fazer um blog de móveis e peças de decoração, acesse e de uma olhadinha nos objetos.
    obrigada,
    Jack

Jacks last blog post: MUNDO ANIMAL

12. Laurel commented
    February 11th, 2009 at 7:57am

Oh I LOOOOOVE this!!!

13. Rachel B. commented
    February 11th, 2009 at 9:19am

This print is just perfect. I love it in both colors. I think it gives off a very serene feeling. I could use that in my house!

Rachel B.s last blog post: Photographer Love: Susannah Conway

14. Stephanie commented
    February 11th, 2009 at 12:02pm

I love this! I would love to have it in my craft room, the one I don’t have yet, but I will someday, and this should be in it.

Stephanies last blog post: I Need A Notebook

15. Averill commented
    February 11th, 2009 at 12:03pm

This post is so well timed for me — I was just working on a blog post about modern alphabet prints for nurseries and hadn’t heard of this company before but I just clicked over to their website and their screenprints are beauitful! I’m honestly not a huge fan of the “Make Do and Mend” print but I really love their alphabot and birds a-z prints so I just had to include them in my round-up (http://odietamoblog.blogspot.com/2009/02/easy-as-b-c.html)!

Thanks for the tip!

Averills last blog post: House Envy: London

16. Condo Blues commented
    February 11th, 2009 at 12:55pm

Love, love, love for so many reasons. I like the original Keep Calm poster but hesitate on getting one because I’m seeing it _everywhere_ so I like this word play on the original.

Secondly love it because it’s a good message in this economy – stop freaking out, take a deep breathe, and make do. Our great grandparents did it during the Depression, so can we.

Thirdly, I have a bunch of little mending jobs piling up around my sewing machine. This would be a good reminder to do those simple projects!

Condo Bluess last blog post: How to Keep a Shower Curtain Rod from Falling

17. Dee Beale commented
    February 11th, 2009 at 12:57pm

Oh yes, lovely

Dee Beales last blog post: Etsy Sales

18. Terriaw commented
    February 11th, 2009 at 2:42pm

I love this as much as the Keep Calm & Carry On saying. You could switch them depending on what’s going on in your day or what’s in the news! I love the stitching typography on these. I find this becoming my motto more and more as I shop but don’t buy, telling myself to make do with what I already have. Yay!

Terriaws last blog post: Crazy Pouch and Pattern

19. Fallon commented
    February 11th, 2009 at 9:14pm

LOVE!!!! Thanks for sharing… i too think I might need one for my sewing room. I only wish it came in a calm yellow or pale grass green color. I love the blue… but I might have to go with the warm stone to match my decor.

Fallons last blog post: Sunday Morning Bloom’s 2/8/09

20. visualingual commented
    February 12th, 2009 at 9:16am

These are absolutely awesome, and so appropriate for our current moment in time! Kudos!

visualinguals last blog post: New VisuaLingual Work at MiCA 12/v

21. Bold & Noble commented
    February 12th, 2009 at 5:30pm

Hey, great to hear all these comments, we’re delighted you like our work.

We’re new to all this technology, blogging business, so are still a little awe-struck at so many people seeing and liking our work.

We’ll keep decor8 posted when we get around to some new designs.

x

Bold & Nobles last blog post: Valentines Day

22. Nicola commented
    February 13th, 2009 at 10:09am

Wonderful find, Holly. Thank you! x

23. mary grace commented
    February 18th, 2009 at 1:49pm

i’d love to link to this post (and use your graphic if it’s ok) on my blog. i absolutely love that poster!

mary graces last blog post: january craft challenge

24. decor8 commented
    February 18th, 2009 at 2:15pm

Of course Mary Grace, link away!