No Sew Fabric Fortune Cookies

Are you looking for a no sew project that you can complete quickly using scraps of leftover fabric? Try making fabric fortune cookies! I realize that this is completely random but after seeing a tutorial for these on a German blog, Frau Liebe, I had to google the idea to see if I could find English instructions.  This photo below is a completed cookie by blogger Brassy Apple, her tutorial is linked below. Darling!

This is a fun project to do when you are in need of something quick, but if you have more time you can certainly stitch them closed versus using glue and bonding tape. Below you can find links to cookies you can sew and the no-sew version. There is also a link to making fabric Glückskekse in German. Imagine making red and pink cookies with little love notes inside?

English – sew (via Brassy Apply)

English – no sew (via Michael’s)

German – sew (via Frau Liebe)

Fun!

(image from brassy apple)

Posted by decor8 in diy on February 11, 2009

1. B commented
    February 11th, 2009 at 1:34pm

This looks like fun! Nice and easy. Perfect!

Bs last blog post: More yellow

2. Rachel May commented
    February 11th, 2009 at 1:37pm

This would be so cute for sending a secret message to friends at the office…it would be a lot easier if I worked in an office, but something to keep in mind for the future! Thanks for sharing!

Rachel Mays last blog post: No Job.

3. Caterina commented
    February 11th, 2009 at 2:08pm

What a great craft idea, so cute!!
    I think I am gonna have a go myself!! Shame I have no sewing machine
    over here in the UK!! But hey – no worries I can always glue it together!!
    Well done!!!Inspiring as always!!!
    Kx

4. Amanda H commented
    February 11th, 2009 at 2:12pm

Adorable! I had the plan to make fortune cookies this weekend. I think I will add the fabric version too and toss them mixed up into a bowl for my vday party.

Amanda Hs last blog post: A Song for You: My Love Is

5. Diane commented
    February 11th, 2009 at 2:23pm

I recently blogged about a version of these that they had featured on MarthaStewart.com It was one of their Valentine’s Day crafts.

You can see the post here:

Dianes last blog post: A fond farewell to a much beloved friend

6. tula@whorange commented
    February 11th, 2009 at 11:11pm

i actually made a version of these for my engagement party. they were a huge hit. i’ve been meaning to blog about it. you’ve motivated me to get on it, holly! xoxo

tula@whoranges last blog post: rex ray special event at gallery 16 in san francisco

7. Erika Pitera commented
    February 12th, 2009 at 11:50am

What a cute idea! I can’t sew for the life of me, so I’d need the no-sew version, but I bet these are fun to make.

Erika Piteras last blog post: Recent Find ~ Red Silk "Knot" Chemise

8. Drea commented
    February 12th, 2009 at 5:23pm

I also saw these on Martha Stewart’s site, but it was made with felt. I made some, but now I want to try it with cotton fabric!

Dreas last blog post: Crafting in Wonderland: This chick is insane!

9. Katie N. commented
    February 13th, 2009 at 9:36pm

I sent the Martha Stewart felt version to school today with my son for his teachers. He wrote his own little note and we packaged them in take out containers from our local Chinese restaurant!

Katie N.s last blog post: Love Fortunes