Matchbook Love DIY

February 12, 2009

Pink and red. Pink and red. Pink and red. It’s everywhere I go so why not put a p & r on decor8 today. Inchmark has a super adorable and easy DIY project so here you go. A little love fix from me to you.

Don’t forget to notice the pink and red m&m’s and candy corns. Where are people finding candy corns like that? HELP me please. I need those things, not for my figure, but for the sheer cuteness of placing pink and red candy corns in a bowl in my entryway. Adore!

(image from inchmark)

You Might Also Like

• Reply Taylor February 12, 2009 at 4:16 pm

Candy corn from
    Also, I see that one of them is for me: Taylor :)

Taylors last blog post: Study Makeover

• Reply Taylor February 12, 2009 at 4:21 pm

P.S. It’s called Cupid Corn.
    My husband bought some Christmas candy corn from The Chocolate Tree for the holidays and it is so much better than the store bought. He’s going to have to treat me on Sat. for the Cupid Corn.

Taylors last blog post: Study Makeover

• Reply sweet fine day February 12, 2009 at 4:23 pm

whoa. that is just about the cutest little valentine’s day setup I’ve ever seen. And yes, pink candycorn? who knew?

sweet fine days last blog post: a bad day after a good one

• Reply Noelle February 12, 2009 at 4:24 pm

I think that I saw pink and/or red candy corns at WinCo.

• Reply Laura February 12, 2009 at 4:24 pm

I think I saw some at my local grocery store, Stop & Shop, the other day. Hope you find them!

Lauras last blog post: Something Lovely: For My Feet!

• Reply Samantha February 12, 2009 at 4:30 pm

They have the pink candy corn in a clear tub at wal-mart stores, in the valentine candy aisle. (I’ve worked my way through two tubs already! With help of course…) It IS pretty!

• Reply Shannon February 12, 2009 at 4:43 pm

Just go down the Valentines candy aisle of any store. They have the pink stuff. Brachs makes it. Although any color other than orange kind of grosses me out for some unknown reason. Lol.

• Reply Jen H February 12, 2009 at 4:57 pm

This is so cute! This would have been perfect for my daughters’ Valentine’s Day parties at school instead they painted red hearts that I cut out- certainly DIY- but (since they are 5 and 3) they were not as cute! Where do you find blank matchboxes?

• Reply blue bicicletta February 12, 2009 at 4:59 pm

I love matchboxes! Thanks for sharing! I have made little matchboxes full of cut out words for gifts and even little books to go in matchboxes–they are so fun!

blue biciclettas last blog post: Web (mini original)

• Reply Hazel February 12, 2009 at 5:06 pm

I hope they have the ubiquitous cinnamon hearts. One of my favourites.

I love the children’s illustrations on some of them. Very cute.

Can you still get matchboxes?

Hazels last blog post: Things That Make My World a Better Place – A Partial List

• Reply Dee Wilcox February 12, 2009 at 5:22 pm

Love this! I was looking for something romantic and sweet to do for my husband. Think I’ll give these a try! It would be so easy to add little love-note tags.

Dee Wilcoxs last blog post: How to Be an Innovator, Part 6

• Reply Ahmed February 12, 2009 at 5:38 pm

Ahmeds last blog post: Decorate Your Walls with Molding

• Reply Missy Lee February 12, 2009 at 6:20 pm

These are just too adorable!!! It’s too late for me to find time to make these for Valentine’s day so I’ll have to come up with an excuse to make them. :)

Missy Lees last blog post: heylaney:

(via verslibre)
    These are…

• Reply Naomi F. February 12, 2009 at 6:36 pm

That is super super sweet!

Thank you for that, Holly!

• Reply Beachtropic February 12, 2009 at 7:53 pm

I’m amazed, and delighted!! Valentine’s candy aisles?????

• Reply heather February 12, 2009 at 9:22 pm

These are a great DIY project. We did another version once to announce a new baby. I still have a big box full of leftover matches-seven years later! We will have to get rid of those in some bonfires this summer.

heathers last blog post: Clever Use of Scrapbook Papers

• Reply Jessica February 12, 2009 at 9:24 pm

Inchmark is a fav daily read of mine!

Jessicas last blog post: Sicky Valentine’s Post…

• Reply Lindsay February 12, 2009 at 10:15 pm

I did this project tonight for my students!
    I found the “cupid corn” at the Bulk Barn (Canada)

Lindsays last blog post: flickr faves

• Reply Melissa February 12, 2009 at 11:54 pm

Hallmark has bags of these candies at their registers.

Cute project from inchmark!

Melissas last blog post: Victory at Last!

• Reply Gina February 13, 2009 at 12:15 pm

I love it!

Ginas last blog post: Weekly Wrap Up

• Reply viv February 13, 2009 at 2:38 pm

aw… that’s so adorable.

vivs last blog post: Winter Love

• Reply Alex February 13, 2009 at 7:17 pm

Those are darling. I will have to keep those in mind for valentines for my daughters class next year!

BTW: I spotted similar candy corn at Michaels craft supply store.

• Reply Melissa February 16, 2009 at 6:53 pm

I go to Marshells for stuff like this! They always have gourmet candies and such… Be careful for stale candy…