Designers + Stylists

Happy Weekend! {and video}

February 13, 2009

It’s Friday afternoon and time to wrap up and go about our weekend activities but I discovered something over at Pia’s blog that cannot be missed! InFrame TV is a video channel for creative types worldwide and they produce short videos in Melbourne, Australia profiling, “original and arresting Australian and international talent working in arts, design and culture.” Their goal is to, “provide unprecedented access to the thoughts, insights, and inspirations of people who create”.

One of their videos that I particularly loved spotlights decorator, shop owner, and collector Lyn Gardner. If you recall, I showed you a glimpse of how Lyn lives here. I’m a huge fan of her work so seeing her live, touring viewers of her lovely shop, really inspired me today and I know you’ll love to watch this 4 minute video below.

I’m taking Monday (Presidents Day) off, so I’ll meet you here on Tuesday, February 17th. Enjoy your long and loving weekend. hubba hubba. (image from living and more magazine, germany)

18 Comments

• Reply Diana February 13, 2009 at 6:11 pm

Lovely, lovely!

Dianas last blog post: Instinct Experiment

• Reply Merissa from Hawaii February 13, 2009 at 6:16 pm

Ooh la-la! Thanks for sharing this! I can’t wait to visit those links! I wish we had that magazine (Living-Germany) here in Hawaii! Have a great weekend! I ? decor8!

Merissa from Hawaiis last blog post:

• Reply Shanon February 13, 2009 at 6:17 pm

Happy Long Weekend Holly!
    I hope it’s a good one. =)

Gotta love that hair, and those gorgeous photos. Someday…. *sigh* Hehe

Shanons last blog post: It’s Friday, I’m in love!

• Reply Suzanne Duda February 13, 2009 at 8:15 pm

Absolutely gorgeous! Thank you for sharing!

Suzanne Dudas last blog post: with love…

• Reply kerry February 13, 2009 at 10:14 pm

Wow, I have major big hair envy now…it’s lovely. She has great style, thanks for sharing. http://www.snickerdoodlelife.etsy.com

• Reply luuvelyladdy February 14, 2009 at 3:24 pm

this was really nice..she is living my dream :)

• Reply Urban LifeStyle Decor February 14, 2009 at 5:53 pm

Once again, thank you Holly for letting us view another beautiful blog & giving us one more amazing interiors photographer ~ Pia (like the lovely Anna Kern). If you can, take a look at {vintage pure} which was inspired by you & Anna. Twitter hugs, Susan

Urban LifeStyle Decors last blog post: The European Modern ~ Way of Life

• Reply Tamara February 15, 2009 at 5:42 am

Visiting Lyn’s store is at the top of my to-do list next time I get to Melbourne!

Tamaras last blog post: Hand cut papercut of blue letter M – but I’ll make any letter you like

• Reply ROOM design studio February 15, 2009 at 12:59 pm

this is very inspirational.. thanks Holly!

• Reply visualingual February 15, 2009 at 4:57 pm

Simply lovely! Happy weekend and happy Presidents’ Day!

visualinguals last blog post: Paintings by Cedric Cox

• Reply Melissa Lewis - Off The Wall February 15, 2009 at 9:47 pm

What great inspiration Holly! Hope you had a sweet and lovely Valentine’s Day:)

• Reply Katie Stephenson February 15, 2009 at 10:29 pm

That video is smashing. I love the production of it. All the in/out of focus and special effects. Beautiful.

Katie Stephensons last blog post: Feathers I Screenprint

• Reply geisslein February 16, 2009 at 9:00 am

I totally LOVE Lyn´s style! By herself she is such a beautiful woman and than her great decoration-style – I always love to have a look at her work or her website! I wish I could visit her store…Snowy-greetings from germany, geisslein

• Reply jennifer lorton February 16, 2009 at 1:29 pm

I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoy your blog. It beautiful and inspiring. I’m going to add you to my blogroll, so that my readers can come and take a look too. Thanks for the inspiration.
    Jennifer

• Reply Laura Aiken February 16, 2009 at 6:03 pm

Holly I enjoyed this video. I am envious of her big hair!
    Hope everyone had a great Valentines’s Day.
    Keep up the wonderful inspiration Holly.
    Laura.

• Reply kbd February 19, 2009 at 11:37 am

Thanks for sharing (you always have great stuff!)… I checked out her site and it is so, so inspiring. The guest house she decorated is just gorgeous. Thanks for sharing her with us!

kbds last blog post: Inspiration

• Reply Jo in NZ February 23, 2009 at 2:57 pm

What a great wee video! Only just found it. I spent an age in Lyn’s shop when last in Melbourne ~ it is mesmerising. And surrounded by great places to get coffee, and close to the most amazing book store. Thanks, Holly and Pia!