Etsy Take Five Tuesdays

Hello friends and welcome to this week’s edition of Etsy Take Five Tuesdays. Here are some shops on my radar this week that you may like to add to your list of faves. I’m always so inspired by what is being made in this creative community by so many who are living their dream and others who are living their dream and making a living from it. The more we shop indie before the big department stores, the more we are helping a small business to grow and for them to feel that unbeatable joy of selling their goods to others.

Isabelle Abramson Ceramics is based locally in Boston’s Jamaica Plain and has mad skills with clay and glaze. I can’t take my eyes off of the lattice bowl. {website} {blog}

Ebba Handmade, St Louis. These block printed images are from her original drawings cut from linoleum and printed using heat-cured textile color on earth-friendly materials. Very organic, sweet, and simple. Now I want to run through fields of flowers or chase chickens or something.

Up Up Creative in Rochester, NY is a small business built around the idea of purchasing printable paper goods, the latest Etsy trend taking off like wildfire — a trend that I hope sticks around as it’s really so very practical don’t you think? {blog}

Sooooound is Shuxin, a graphic artist living and working in Melbourne, Australia. Her work is inspired by, “the conflicting and harmonious relationships the urban environment has with the natural world”.

My Wire Empire is Melissa Bryant in Indianapolis, IN. Don’t miss out on her sale, buy 2 get 1 free print sale! (Free print equal or lesser value; excludes collages/originals.) Just type in the name of the 3rd print that you’d like in the comments at checkout.

(images linked about to source)

Posted by decor8 in Arts + Crafts, etsy, Etsy Take 5 Tuesday on February 17, 2009

1. Sarah commented
    February 17th, 2009 at 2:11pm

I love Isabelle’s work. It’s actually really funny because I just posted about her new lattice bowl yesterday! :) I love it! Now I know I’m staying up on trends when you’ve posted it too! My mom has her berry bowl with all of the small dots- it’s beautiful. The quality of craftsmanship is phenomenal!!!

Sarahs last blog post: Sea Salt

2. pearllinds commented
    February 17th, 2009 at 2:11pm

Great set for today! I love the printable paper goods idea…I’m actually working on my own sets to sell in my etsy shop. So inspiring! and I love the ink drawing/digital pattern trend, too!!

pearllindss last blog post: 10 Things That Make Me Happy

3. Tricia McKellar commented
    February 17th, 2009 at 2:15pm

Love sooooounds’ work! :)

Tricia McKellars last blog post: Fly, 8×8 Fine Art Photograph by Tricia McKellar

4. julie @ up up creative commented
    February 17th, 2009 at 2:26pm

your introduction to the take five list this week hits it right on the head: selling handmade and hand-designed goods can be about making a living but it is also SO much about the joy of knowing that someone loves what you made.

being featured on decor8 (and in such great company) is a pretty unbeatable joy, too! HOORAY!

julie @ up up creatives last blog post: :: number trees ::

5. Diane commented
    February 17th, 2009 at 2:36pm

I serious heart Up Up Creative’s work. And I also heart the new buy-the-pdf/print-your-own trend on Etsy. It seems like a really affordable way to inject a little bit of paper beauty into one’s life. Although, I do worry about my ability to find the right paper, print the right margins, etc. And my current printer is not so hot. And of course, nothing beats the tactile feel of letterpress (in my opinion).

Dianes last blog post: Rugs at Anthro

6. Katie Lake commented
    February 17th, 2009 at 2:38pm

I love them all today. If I had to pick a favorite it might be the ceramics. Or maybe Ebba…

Katie Lakes last blog post: Twitter

7. Amanda commented
    February 18th, 2009 at 3:17am

Whew! Thank goodness you’re back up. I was starting to think it was just my computer not letting me get to your blog. :( But yay for take 5! I love Soooound, thanks for the heads up!

Amandas last blog post: I’m into you…

8. Jacqueline commented
    February 18th, 2009 at 3:45am

I love the set today! My favorite would be Ebba Handmade! Have a lovely merry day! Love to you Holly!

Jacquelines last blog post: Love from me to you…

9. Diana commented
    February 18th, 2009 at 9:27am

I’ve just recently encountered those lattice bowls myself (in a treasury, I think) and fell in love! I took a ceramics (wheelthrowing) course recently after years of wanting to – so fulfilling. Reminded me of your creative challenge! I didn’t do so bad either, for my first time :-) Nothing as beautiful as those bowls though. (see my blog link for a pic of my results if you’re curious)

Great finds all around, as usual!!

Dianas last blog post: Pottering About

10. etsymetal commented
    February 18th, 2009 at 9:51am

wow! those bowls are amazing!

etsymetals last blog post: Studio Songs – What we’re listening to while we work

11. Melissa de la Fuente commented
    February 18th, 2009 at 9:58am

Beautiful picks….I love this feature! :) That ceramicist is delicious!
    Yes, I LOVE the printable stationery idea! I have bought several from Ez’s shop(www.wrenandchickadee.etsy.com) and love,love,love them! Then I needed some valentines,last minute, for my little one’s class…and I knew I could get cute ones from Nichole’s shop(www.littlebrownpen.etsy.com). So fantastic and so affordable! YAY!
    xo
    Melis

12. Afi commented
    February 18th, 2009 at 10:23am

Their work is beautiful…I also LOVE that Lattice bowl, it’s so delicate and stylish, I think it’s gonna make nice shodows if you put a burning candle inside of it…

13. michelle commented
    February 18th, 2009 at 10:25am

those bowls look so delicate, so pretty

14. Elisa commented
    February 18th, 2009 at 10:31am

Yes that lattice bowl is to die for….very nice!

Elisas last blog post:

15. lindsay commented
    February 18th, 2009 at 12:17pm

Those bowls are great! I could use one in my bathroom as a catch all for chocolates. I try to sneak a treat in the tub, take the indulgence one step further :)

lindsays last blog post: Buy One, Get One Free SALE in the shop!

16. leaca commented
    February 18th, 2009 at 9:08pm

great stuff. thanks for sharing.

leacas last blog post: 12 Secrets–#4 Surrendering to Creative Cycles

17. chrissy commented
    February 19th, 2009 at 5:55pm

Up Up Creative! Love them – didn’t know about the blog – now I do thanks to you. Printables rock, huh?

chrissys last blog post: DOROTHY – Yellow on Yellow Crocheted Bracelet – Shipping Included