Etsy Faves

Photo Cravings…

February 17, 2009

Today I’m craving these postcards from Lobster & Swan and speaking of photography I must share that I’m participating in an online photography class with Susannah Conway in Bath, England. I’m so happy that I made time for this. I know I’m being overly optimistic here because it’s only day two but I love it and feel super inspired already. I can also cross two things off of my list now (remember the lists we’re making and committing to?) and it feels really, really good.

P.S. In addition to her photography I love those hardwood floors don’t you?

(images from lobster and swan)

19 Comments

• Reply Uncle Beefy February 17, 2009 at 11:17 am

I adore Jess of Lobster & Swan. Her blog and her work are sweetly and authentically inspiring. Always a delight. Look at these…like little visual vacations!

Uncle Beefys last blog post: Bow, wow, chicka, bow, wow…

• Reply ROOM design studio February 17, 2009 at 11:34 am

I totally adore Lobster and Swan.. her blog is amazing and her etsy shop just makes me smile whenever I’m in a bad mood I just look at her her photography and I feel a sudden shot of happiniess !! I must save more so I could purchase some for my newly designed house!

ROOM design studios last blog post: Vessels are Rooms…

• Reply Anne @ The City Sage February 17, 2009 at 12:19 pm

Oh these photos are lovely! Definitely the images I wish I could capture with my trusty camera—would love to know if you think the online photography course is worth doing! I’ve been wanting to improve my camera skills but feel a bit intimidated…

Anne @ The City Sages last blog post: Banana Espresso Chocolate Chip Muffins and a Giveaway!

• Reply Diana February 17, 2009 at 12:19 pm

Sounds like a wonderful course – whether you’re a novice or an experienced photographer!

• Reply Susannah February 17, 2009 at 12:36 pm

Holly, I’m so glad you’re with us! you know, i bought that first set of postcards last week – they’re gorgeous aren’t they…. okay, now i must go check out your blogging babes post!

Susannahs last blog post: ~ Can you see me? ~

• Reply the domestic fringe February 17, 2009 at 12:48 pm

Love those cards! They are absolutely beautiful…makes me want to send snail mail.

-FringeGirl

the domestic fringes last blog post: Tuesday’s Tantrum TurnAround

• Reply Tracey February 17, 2009 at 2:08 pm

The photos are awesome- I would love to take better pics- need to check out some classes myself.

• Reply lillieinthecity February 18, 2009 at 1:22 am

I’m so excited to hear Susannah’s e-course is already inspiring you, Holly! I’m hoping to enroll in her summer session–yes, it’s item #2 (“digital photography”) on my creative commitment list. (:

lillieinthecitys last blog post: keep calm & carry on

• Reply Dallas Shaw February 18, 2009 at 9:02 am

holly- i’m in loooooove with these!!!

• Reply Dallas Shaw February 18, 2009 at 9:04 am

someone mentioned she has a blog, I’d love to check it out…? but can’t find it at her etsy? any suggestions?

• Reply Melissa de la Fuente February 18, 2009 at 9:54 am

Love Jeska so much! YAY for her and her photography and her lovely, lovely view of things!
    xo
    Melis

• Reply Hazel February 18, 2009 at 9:56 am

Jess is a very talented lady. I really liked the post you did of her other site “Record the Day”. Totally inspiring!

Hazels last blog post: Olympia, Édouard Manet

• Reply tania February 18, 2009 at 10:08 am

Thanks for posting those beautiful work of Lobster & Swan, I love it!

tanias last blog post: Tryout

• Reply B February 18, 2009 at 10:39 am

I’m doing Susannah’s course too, and really loving it. I’m looking forward to the writing assignments. I’ll work on them in the morning. Writing for an hour evey morning was part of my list! Funny how we are being inspired by the course in different ways.

• Reply PJ February 18, 2009 at 2:21 pm

I’m also participating in Susannah’s course–thanks to you! I read about it on your blog and just had to sign up.

• Reply sandra February 18, 2009 at 5:18 pm

Wonderful set of postcards and photography! Going over to her shop now to fave.

• Reply lindsey clare February 18, 2009 at 6:54 pm

do love Lobster & Swan. so sweet.

lindsey clares last blog post: orange and brown

• Reply kbd February 19, 2009 at 11:19 am

that course looks like a godsend to many people… I’ve changed careers and the amount of soul searching and honesty it takes to make a big move like that would SO be helped by doing something like it. Great idea!

kbds last blog post: Inspiration