uncategorized

Swaptree?

February 18, 2009

Do you use swaptree? I just signed up!

9 Comments

• Reply Stephanie February 19, 2009 at 12:38 am

I’ve come across this before but I actually stopped and looked at it a little closer today. I’ve looked at signing up for BookMooch before which is similar, just for books, and you pay to ship. I didn’t realize that SwapTree was free! This is so awesome. I can’t wait to get started.

Stephanies last blog post: Facebook, Does Anyone Use It?

• Reply Erin February 19, 2009 at 2:12 am

I hadn’t heard of swaptree, and just did the quick sign-up as well – curious to hear what others think. I also recently registered for bookmooch.com as I’m in the process of doing some major clearing out of and then completely redoing my second bedroom/home office.

Also, I found it pretty entertaining to take a look at the top “most added” and “most wanted”….Alanis Morrisette’s Jagged Little Pill album tops the list. That was my first concert when I was 14! And most of the top wanted DVDs are Disney films.

Erins last blog post: Upcoming Travel: Portland, Oregon

• Reply -kisch- February 19, 2009 at 12:55 pm

YES! And I love it. I have gotten so many great books from that site, even the third season of Arrested Development, the only one I didn’t have. And just for the price of shipping! It’s great. I too highly recommend it, even though my opinion is not quite as highly acclaimed as Holly’s. ;)

• Reply Vera February 19, 2009 at 1:40 pm

I had actually tried out Bookmooch awhile ago when it first came out, and didn’t really like the fact that shipping a CD worth $5 cost me $4.99 in shipping. The site seems to be just another copycat of Swaptree. It looks like there’s alot of sites trying to copy (but failing!) the Swaptree model. That’s just my take on it. After using Swaptree, and making over 70 trades in total, I swear by it.

• Reply Jacqui from Mee a Bee February 19, 2009 at 6:54 pm

I signed up without reading the fine print – it’s not available outside the US :( yet … looks great though, check out all the fantastic crating books!!

Jacqui from Mee a Bees last blog post: How’s that working for you?

• Reply Emily February 19, 2009 at 9:51 pm

I think this is sort of the same as Zunafish.com? I’ll have to check it out–I’ve been shopping around these types of sites lately, trying to unload some things–and get some new (to me) things instead!

Emilys last blog post: Salutations

• Reply Elizabeth February 20, 2009 at 12:00 pm

I do! I’ve been using it for a few months. I started using it after I couldn’t sell my books on amazon…and it is FABULOUS!! I did have one incident in a 3-way trade where I didn’t receive my book :/ But, obviously, I didn’t let it dampen my experience!

Elizabeths last blog post: For Love

• Reply Rachel May February 21, 2009 at 9:41 pm

This totally rocks my socks.

Rachel Mays last blog post: Valentine’s Day

• Reply Joanna February 22, 2009 at 10:43 am

yes! i love it!! its such a great way to keep the clutter to a minimum and always be reading :)