How Much For This Room?

Lori couldn’t join us today for her final post on How Much For This Room? (insert sad face here) so we’ll be hanging out with the talented Brie Harrison, a Print Designer living in London (don’t miss her greeting cards at Art Angels) soon to relocate to the Suffolk countryside. She has worked for various clients including Accessorize, Anthropologie, Amelia’s Magazine, WGSN and appeared in Illustrator Mike Perry’s new book Over & Over where I first discovered her work.

If you fancy Bohemian eclectic or flea market decorating you will really like this cozy apartment filled with budget finds and things collected from her travels to India, Germany, Morocco, and beyond. Brie was nice enough to not only show us one room in her flat but corners of a few others as well so this week How Much For This Room should have been titled How Much For This Flat – great job Brie! Let’s get started!

Living room: 1.Book case (Expedit £29) and table (Bjursta £89) both IKEA. 2.Chairs £25 for all 4 from a Salvation Army shop in Suffolk. 3. Frames- variety- all under £10 from charity shops. 4. Subway map $4.50 Kate’s Paperie NY. 5. vase £10, vintage. 6. Sofa around £700 Habitat. 7. Wooden coffee table painted white around £10 Homebase. 8. Rug – £5 charity shop 9. Cushions- mostly made by me from vintage fabrics from Chelsea Flea Market NY, stripe cushion £15 Habitat, face pillow $6 Pearl River Mart NY. 10. Clock £15 TKMaxx.

Living room shelf: 1. Painting done by a good friend Amy Green. 2. Jug, £4 charity shop. 3. Tile £2 Jaipur, India. 4. Butterfly postcard £1 giftshop in Perugia, Italy. 5. Frame £2 charity shop. 6. Russian nesting dolls, gift from Berlin. 7. Plant and pot £4 garden shop.

Kitchen Shelves: 1. wooden shelves painted turquoise by myself £5 each Homebase, 2. teapot £15 The Tea House, Covent Garden. 3. Tins $3- $7 Pearl River NY . 4. Russian nesting dolls, gift from Berlin. 5. Red framed vintage postcard from Bruges £6 , frame £2 from IKEA. 6. bird illustration from the 1800s £15 from an old bookshop in Lincoln.

Bedroom: 1.bed around £500 Muji. 2. bedlinen £30 IKEA. 3. Cushions all under £30 from Marrakesh, Morocco. 4. lamp £20 Habitat. 5. frame £20 Habitat . 6. limited edition print by Jim Stoten £30.

Bedroom dresser top: 1.turquoise dresser, £15 from Salvation Army shop in Suffolk. 2. round tin $1 from New Jersey flea market. 3. turquoise frame £10 Zara Home 4. Indian painting £4 from Goa. 5. Buddha £3, India. 6. Painted cup £5 and box £5 from Goa, India. 6.bowls £2 from Marrakech, Morocco 7. Frame £6 vintage 8. card inside of frame £2.80 John Dilnot.

Studio workspace: 1. Apple iMac around £1000. 2. thin geisha doll, £3 charity shop. 3. clock, £4 TKMaxx. 4. Most of my books i buy from Amazon. 5. painted vintage Indian cow, £25 from a Hippy garden centre in Buckinghamshire. 6. wood block used for textile printing £10, vintage. 7. paper painted drawers, found on the side of the street in London so I nursed them back to health!

Grand Total= £2786 (approximately $4,020.64 USD).

Would you like to contribute a room or rooms to be featured on decor8? Please submit one photo of your room photographed in daylight to holly AT decor8blog.com for consideration, I will reply to all submissions.

Any questions for Brie?

(images from brie harrison)

Posted by decor8 in Decorating Tips on February 20, 2009

1. Whitney commented
    February 20th, 2009 at 2:39pm

That’s a very cozy, colorful room – I like it so much better than the expensive ones. :-)

2. Melissa de la Fuente commented
    February 20th, 2009 at 2:44pm

Lovely! What a warm and cheerful home! I especially love Brie’s pillows(the ones on the living room couch are so pretty) and that sparkling Moroccan one on the bed is divine! Thank you ladies!
    xo
    Melis

3. Rachel B. commented
    February 20th, 2009 at 2:44pm

I’m really finding the “How much for this room” posts to be very inspiring. I have been collecting trinkets from my travels for years- and they rarely match or have a theme- I end up putting them in storage because I don’t know how to properly display them. These posts are helping me quite a bit!

Rachel B.s last blog post: Etsy Love: Wren and Chickadee

4. gk2829 commented
    February 20th, 2009 at 3:13pm

The price of this room is reasonable and it demonstrates that good home design is attainable for most people. The results are just as nice or even better than the previous posts. I am all for economy in design!

5. ChrysRT commented
    February 20th, 2009 at 3:33pm

I love this style and I am in need of inspiration as I am planning on redoing my interior room by room! What a great post! Would you recommend some books based on that style ? Thanks ChristineRT

6. Stacey commented
    February 20th, 2009 at 3:49pm

Can I just move in there? I especially love the living room corner. Excuse my gushing, I don’t normal do this.

Staceys last blog post: milestones made for mamas

7. kristina commented
    February 20th, 2009 at 4:03pm

I love the bird card framed above the bed…I love re-using gorgeous cards!

kristinas last blog post: Figure Drawings…Tina in three poses

8. Kate commented
    February 20th, 2009 at 5:08pm

Wow! Beautiful work too, I’ll look out for her.

Kates last blog post: CHOCOLATE CREATIVE stitch work

9. Yoli commented
    February 20th, 2009 at 7:18pm

I love how everything seems to have a meaning. Like she thought well about all the items that were going to inhabit her home. Very well done and an inspiration. I am loving these posts Holly.

Yolis last blog post: A little Magic from Marrakech

10. Natalie commented
    February 21st, 2009 at 12:44am

I really enjoyed this little peek into a creative designer’s home. Great colours and vintage fabrics – a cheery place to create gorgeous designs!

Natalies last blog post: New collections now online!

11. kanika commented
    February 21st, 2009 at 1:49am

what a wonderful home and even wonderful selection of work! thanks for sharing.

kanikas last blog post: friends lost and found

12. Smila commented
    February 21st, 2009 at 2:40am

Beautiful! I love the sofa area most. Soft colors and very cosy!

Smilas last blog post: Schwarze Spitze

13. Anja commented
    February 21st, 2009 at 8:55am

I love your flat Brie and can’t wait for your re-location to suffolk so I can come and relax/be inspired and work with you in the cosy countryside

14. Katie Stephenson commented
    February 21st, 2009 at 2:30pm

I love that couch. I could just sink into it. This is more my budget–I love the variety you are showing with this serries. It’s amazing that I could love a room for $30,000 and a room for $5,000 just as much. Thanks for sharing.

Katie Stephensons last blog post: Happy Birthday to Sue Card

15. karinamanghi commented
    February 21st, 2009 at 4:58pm

LOVEEEE ITTTT!!!

karinamanghis last blog post: Snow

16. Julie commented
    February 21st, 2009 at 5:12pm

Beautiful! This is my kind of home. Most of the stuff I own has been picked up at flea markets and garage sales so it’s nice to see a well put together home using used items. It actually looks like a real person lives there!

Julies last blog post: A good night sleep

17. Alison commented
    February 21st, 2009 at 10:40pm

Amazing! When can I move in? Thanks so much for sharing this.

Alisons last blog post: I found one.

18. Zee commented
    February 22nd, 2009 at 3:33pm

Beautiful place! Those vintage tins are so cute, and the acqua frame and that lovely mac wallpaper and her designs….oh my gosh, so stunning! I would love to have some fabric with those designs!!!!!

Zees last blog post:

19. Ju commented
    February 23rd, 2009 at 1:03pm

Love this flat!! Love your blog!! Makes me want to go home and start decorating NOW…!! :) Thanks!

20. Michelle commented
    February 23rd, 2009 at 5:53pm

Thank you Holly, for featuring a room that is lovely AND affordable! I felt like the previous posts on “How Much For This Room?” were “Design BEYOND Reach!” :-)