Rooms

New Contributor at Cookie Magazine

February 23, 2009

I have some exciting news to share today! I’m pleased to announce that I’m now a contributor at Cookie magazine (online). I’m quite excited because I wasn’t sure what to do when Domino folded so the timing is perfect. It’s funny to think that the same girl who wrote a Cookie mag review 3 years ago is now writing for them. I’ve been a fan of their publication from the start so I’m happy to be part of their crew.

I’ll be contributing to Nesting and producing a monthly Home Tour in their Home Decorating section. I feel that now I can give in fully to my obsession with all things cute and share kid’s rooms and products on a regular basis. Yay!

I guess this means only one thing for you… If you have children and you’d love to show parts of your home at Cookie please contact me for a possible feature: holly AT decor8blog.com. To get a feel for what their home tours look like please visit this link.

(image from Bodie & Fou – Wallpaper Tick Tock, perfect for the kid’s room!)

You Might Also Like

36 Comments

• Reply Liberty Post Editor February 23, 2009 at 12:20 pm

Congrats! LP

• Reply unasu February 23, 2009 at 12:32 pm

congrats.
    i love the magazine. cant wait to see decor8 holly touch to their home tours!

unasus last blog post: Valentine’s Day 2009

• Reply Pamela Weiss February 23, 2009 at 12:39 pm

Congrats! Such exciting news!

~ @PamelaSD

• Reply pinkbathtub February 23, 2009 at 12:40 pm

Congratulations! Sounds like fun!

pinkbathtubs last blog post: The Cookbook Project: Recipe 5

• Reply Sam February 23, 2009 at 1:10 pm

Looking forward to it!

Sams last blog post: Bringing the Outside In : 4

• Reply Laura February 23, 2009 at 1:14 pm

That’s awesome, Holly! Congratulations. I love Cookie, and I will definitely be reading your posts over there :)

• Reply Concha February 23, 2009 at 1:17 pm

That’s exciting news! Congrats!! :)

Conchas last blog post: From Russia with Love

• Reply r8ermom February 23, 2009 at 1:18 pm

That’s great news. One of my favorite bloggers on another of my favorite blogs! I can’t quite remember that saying about one door closing to have another door open. Something my dad would always say to me when a job or something didn’t quite work out for me. And he was always right. Congrats!

• Reply Dana February 23, 2009 at 1:25 pm

Congratulations, that’s amazing :)

Danas last blog post: Who do you like better???

• Reply Caro February 23, 2009 at 1:35 pm

Glückwunsch! Ich drück die Daumen für einen guten Start! All the best for a good start!
    Caro*

Caros last blog post: Regentag in München

• Reply Sarah February 23, 2009 at 1:42 pm

What a way to bounce back from the sad domino news. Congrats!

Sarahs last blog post: Chocolate Cupcakes, Pizza and Beer

• Reply pinkcupcakevintage February 23, 2009 at 1:46 pm

Oh My goodness! Congratulations! Such fun news!

pinkcupcakevintages last blog post: anthriftpologie

• Reply Joanna February 23, 2009 at 1:48 pm

yay!

• Reply Michele Dugar February 23, 2009 at 1:54 pm

How wonderful! Sounds like a great match.

• Reply Jen Singh February 23, 2009 at 2:14 pm

What great news! I love that mag and can’t wait to see what you write! I’ve got 2 little girls (5 1/2 and 2 1/2) and they just started sharing a room. Their space is just the best place to be in the house.

• Reply meg manion silliker February 23, 2009 at 2:18 pm

congratulations. i am a loyal subscriber to cookie. great photography inspiration in that mag!

• Reply Shanon February 23, 2009 at 2:29 pm

Congrats Holly! This is great to hear. =)

Shanons last blog post: What catches my eye: Shophouse

• Reply chantal February 23, 2009 at 2:34 pm

bravo
    that’s fantastic! …and encouraging.
    x c

chantals last blog post: 1:43am {still early in my book}

• Reply BODIE and FOU February 23, 2009 at 2:34 pm

I love Cookie magazine!!! You’re so lucky! I’m very excited for you….this is going to be so much fun …..and thank you v much for the link! :-)

• Reply Christina @ Pardon My Vintage February 23, 2009 at 2:42 pm

Congrats! I don’t even have kids, and I enjoy Cookie. :-)

I actually just switched my defunct Domino subscription over to Cookie, can’t wait to see what you’ll be contributing!

Christina @ Pardon My Vintages last blog post: Mod aqua bubble-top jar

• Reply stacy February 23, 2009 at 2:52 pm

Congrats Holly!

We just had our studio featured there and it is one of our favorite blogs. It will be great to “hear” a familiar voice.

• Reply Lauren T. February 23, 2009 at 2:57 pm

Ah the many twists of fate!! I love that you reviewed them and are now one of their writers!! How great is that! I have been a subscriber to Cookie since they launched and I look forward to getting it every month. I’m getting ready to do my 2 year old’s “big girl room,” so your timing really couldn’t be better! I think that will be a great outlet for you!! Congratulations on the new gig!!

• Reply cdelphine February 23, 2009 at 3:43 pm

Congrats Holly! I love Cookie.

• Reply The Other Tiffany February 23, 2009 at 3:52 pm

Great news! i love the magazine and you’re passion will be an excellent addition.

• Reply julieann February 23, 2009 at 4:58 pm

This is fantastic a whole new audience! Congrats. I actually just blogged about letters for a childrens rooms this morning….with 15 people have kids, it’s all I look at these days! Fun fun!

• Reply irene February 23, 2009 at 7:02 pm

Perfect fit! Super congratulations Holly! Irene xx

irenes last blog post: Indiefixx :: Going Out of Business Sale

• Reply Heather February 23, 2009 at 7:05 pm

Yay for you! Cookie’s a great magazine for design moms!

Heathers last blog post: Start any month, printable calendar-Mid-Century Chairs

• Reply chiarabelle February 23, 2009 at 7:49 pm

That is great news! Nesting is a daily read – I love it!

chiarabelles last blog post: guest blogging

• Reply simplygrove February 24, 2009 at 1:28 am

Congrats!! I LOVE Cookie!

simplygroves last blog post: Pink and tufts make for a great day….

• Reply sarah*ahearn February 24, 2009 at 9:00 am

yay holly! i’m am so happy for you! i confess that i am also happy to hear that i am not the only one without kids who loves cookie… : ) good news!

sarah*ahearns last blog post: paris & the moon…

• Reply Sarah February 24, 2009 at 9:30 am

Congratulations! They are very luck to have you!

Sarahs last blog post: Inspired: 02.24.09

• Reply Marisa and Creative Thursday February 24, 2009 at 11:00 am

Congratulations Holly!! This is so great ~ you always inspire me with how wonderful opportunities continue to open up for you ~ always in such perfect timing!

Marisa and Creative Thursdays last blog post: May Victory be Yours

• Reply Karen February 24, 2009 at 2:27 pm

The Home Tours are my favorite part of the mag. Can’t wait to see what you add; it sounds like so much fun!

Karens last blog post: Top 5 Home Accessories For Your Favorite Reading Corner

• Reply Milan February 24, 2009 at 4:47 pm

Congratulations =). A new reader of your site which at first was to help me with ideas for decorating my new apartment, but now I realize how much your tiny bits of inspiration brings me relief.

Thank you for being a connector for my creativity.

-Milan

Milans last blog post: Cooliris

• Reply Lisa Golightly February 25, 2009 at 11:52 am

congrats Holly! I can’t wait to see all the amazing things you’re sure to post over there!

• Reply Jules February 25, 2009 at 7:54 pm

Congratulations! It’s funny the way life comes full circle, isn’t it?

Juless last blog post: Things I Hope to Never Forget | Hummingbird Nests