Etsy Take Five Tuesdays

It’s never a challenge for me to locate gorgeous handmade work online, it is abundant! Would you like to see what’s on the decor8 radar this week? Polaroid collage, print your own party, products that look to be straight out of Sweden, felt photography and boho jewelry are a few of my favorite things…

Megan Auman in Pennsylvania is so very talented, I mean look at her creations! They are what you’d imagine viewing at the Design House Stockholm or displayed at the ICFF. Her new home collection is all about openwork floral patterns and metal with most being made from laser-cut steel in her latest pattern, small cluster, and finished in either matte black or white powder-coat. (Powder-coat is like paint, only much more durable.) The storage basket, for my ever growing magazine pile, is my favorite of this collection — I can’t take my eyes off of it! I’d gladly own the pendant light too. Amazing! {blog} {flickr}

Lisa Teso is a creative mom who lives in Massachusetts and has a shop called Trampoline featuring her original Polaroid collages. Lisa sums up her unique work nicely, “Original collage created from too pretty to throw away Polaroid cast offs. They are studies in color, texture and nuance…peeks into everyday life.”

Kima is the founder of Kup Kup Land who is originally from Barcelona now living in Athens. Her background is in graphic design and illustration though she loves to experiment with felt and photography too. She combines her felt creations with photography and offers unique prints. Not limiting herself to only wool, she has a fondness for tiny plastic animals and pastries as well (tiny animals are a current trend in independant photography, have you noticed?).

Wiyomu Jewelry designs pretty necklances and earrings as a hobby that seems to cater to the dreamer — the bohemian girl at heart, the eclectic collector, the flea market junkie. So feminine and soft! {flickr}

Happy Papers is a good name for this shop as it’s hard not to be joyous looking at all of this red and blue! Nesting dolls, owls, sheep, so many sweet themes to choose from. This shop features only work that you can download and print, which is great for those looking to save money and have instant gratification. Party kits, stationary sets, cards, tags, a to do list, bookmarks, birthday sets and more!

Thanks for joining me this week for another Etsy Take Five Tuesdays!

(images linked to their sources above)

Posted by decor8 in Etsy Take 5 Tuesday on February 24, 2009

1. hoganfe handmade handbag originals commented
    February 24th, 2009 at 6:11pm

OMGosh so many gorgeous items…especially that locket!

2. elysa commented
    February 24th, 2009 at 6:11pm

I love all of these! Adding to fav sellers. I think the little owl is my fav although I do heart the polaroid as well.

elysas last blog post: Social Networks for Gen Y

3. Amy commented
    February 24th, 2009 at 6:13pm

I’ve got to say. Your radar is spot on. These shops are great and totally new to me. Thanks for doing the leg work!
    Amy

Amys last blog post: and the winner is…

4. home storage solutions commented
    February 24th, 2009 at 6:40pm

wonderful pictures! i love them

5. abby commented
    February 24th, 2009 at 6:40pm

ooo. those polaroids are dreamy. thanks for sharing!

abbys last blog post: GIVEAWAY: linen handkerchief with peacock design

6. Kim Wallace commented
    February 24th, 2009 at 6:55pm

Oh I LOVE Lisa’s polaroid collages! Thanks for sharing :)

Kim Wallaces last blog post: New in the online gallery…

7. Amy commented
    February 24th, 2009 at 7:04pm

Nice – I bought some postcards from Kup Kup Land a few months ago but had no idea she started a dedicated photography shop – Love it! Thanks for posting it! Now if I only I could decide which one(s) I want…

Amys last blog post: Etsy again!

8. leaca commented
    February 24th, 2009 at 7:46pm

great finds. i have seen them before with the exception of happy papers. i will have to check her out.

leacas last blog post: 12 secrets–#4 Surrenering to Creative Cycles cont.

9. Nancy D. commented
    February 24th, 2009 at 10:02pm

Thanks for showing us your favorites Holly! I love Etsy Take Five Tuesdays :)

Nancy D.s last blog post: Good news!

10. Stephanie commented
    February 24th, 2009 at 10:11pm

Love the whistle necklace.

Stephanies last blog post: New Sock Yarn

11. Amanda commented
    February 24th, 2009 at 10:41pm

I love checking out your finds every week! I’ve been eyeing Megan Auman’s new home collection too!

12. madesweet commented
    February 25th, 2009 at 12:48am

happy papers is my favorite! it really does make me happy!!!

13. michelle commented
    February 25th, 2009 at 1:13am

gosh, i LOVE those polariods….
    Thank you for sharing all your treasures you find xx

michelles last blog post: REMINDERS OF YESTERDAY

14. YooLa commented
    February 25th, 2009 at 1:58am

Megan Auman lampshade is really wonderful, very good design,good pick love it !
    yoola

YooLas last blog post: Radish Luna Lovegood earrings

15. Kelly McCollum commented
    February 25th, 2009 at 3:30am

oh wow. etsy never fails :D
    those polaroid collages are brilliant. wonderful inspiration

Kelly McCollums last blog post: The other Oscar

16. Caro commented
    February 25th, 2009 at 8:10am

oh, cool! this inspire me today. best c*

Caros last blog post: NeedleNudels

17. sue@solsticehome commented
    February 25th, 2009 at 8:49am

trampoline’s polaroid collages..gorgeous..has become one of my favorite new artist..i have one and love it!

sue@solsticehomes last blog post: monday & tuesday discoveries…..SALE!

18. LayersofMeaning commented
    February 25th, 2009 at 9:09am

I love Megan Auman! Her work is amazing!
    I’m dying for for one of her storage baskets!

LayersofMeanings last blog post:

19. Susanne Evensen commented
    February 25th, 2009 at 9:16am

Love rading your blog- it is truly inspirational.
    I wanted to tell you about another favorite blog of mine: http://appelsineniminturban.blogspot.com/ and her business minimega papercrafts, http://www.minimega.dk. If you haven’t vistited her before, you are in for a treat:-)
    There are so many talented people out there….*big sigh* it is frustrating and inspirational at the same time…but hopefully I will find my own crative outlet soon..it’s like an itch and at the moment I can’t scratch it. Reading your blog, and through it discovering the vast and incredibly diverse world out there, has made me hopeful that it will all come together sooner rather than later. So, thank you for that:-)

20. wiyomu commented
    February 25th, 2009 at 9:32am

Thanks so much for featuring me, Holly! :) Love Etsy Take Five Tuesdays! :)

xo,
    Wiyomu

wiyomus last blog post: Double Personalized Initial Necklace

21. Rachel B. commented
    February 25th, 2009 at 9:46am

I’m loving Kup Kup Land!

Rachel B.s last blog post: Amazing Creations by Ann Wood

22. Diana commented
    February 25th, 2009 at 10:18am

That lampshade is fantastic!

Dianas last blog post: Hump Day Happiness

23. Li commented
    February 25th, 2009 at 11:23am

Hey Holly! I love your site, all the things you publish, but here’s the problem: I live in Brazil.. So every time I fall in love with something you see and show us here I get frustrated because I can’t buy it, and I’m finding really hard to buy similar things here… Everything in stores are so expensive, and I can’t find a single site like the ones you have over there…
    anyway, i wanted to ask you if you know any blogs, sites or anything here in Brazil that sells beautiful arts and handmade works!
    Tks!
    xo

24. my trampoline commented
    February 25th, 2009 at 11:40am

thank you so much for featuring my work…one thing though, my name is Kim Ludy.

Lisa Teso is the talented artist who designed my etsy header.

my trampolines last blog post: original polaroid collage THE COLLECTOR

25. Melissa de la Fuente commented
    February 25th, 2009 at 12:14pm

YAY! Etsy take 5 tuesdays! I love this feature and look forward to it!
    Such great finds, I am so in love with that lamp….*sigh*
    xo
    Melis

26. Lisa H. commented
    February 25th, 2009 at 12:26pm

I love that you’ve featured Kup Kup. I’ve come across several photographers of vintage figurines and toys and such, but feel that Kup Kup’s compositions are really outstanding examples of that style of photography.

27. Mypaperhearts commented
    February 25th, 2009 at 1:40pm

These are great finds! I am not always as lucky when I’m searching Etsy. Loving Kup Kup Land. Why are tiny food and animals so darn cute?

Mypaperheartss last blog post: Geometric Bouquet 1

28. Katie Stephenson commented
    February 25th, 2009 at 5:40pm

Oh my gosh, I love the polaroid use. I’m a polaroid gal too and especially the old SX-70 film is so valuable it breaks your heart to see it go to waste. I did a gocco print on some recently: http://tinyurl.com/bb825n

Katie Stephensons last blog post: I won, I won. G.E. #5 bulbs (on Ebay)

29. Jen Singh commented
    February 25th, 2009 at 9:58pm

Happy papers is just lovely. Great picks!

30. Kima commented
    February 26th, 2009 at 1:09pm

Thank you so much Holly for for featuring my shop!!
    I love your Etsy Take Five Tuesdays!!

Kimas last blog post: Animal cards-Set of four

31. ana guimaraes commented
    February 26th, 2009 at 2:25pm

Holly…! Thank you so much for for featuring our shop!! (happypapers), we are two designers from argentina and we coudnt believe that we are in your blog…! we are fans of decor 8 for long time ago!
    thanks again
    best

ana

ana guimaraess last blog post: Birthday Set. Printable PDF

32. Kristin Kline commented
    February 27th, 2009 at 12:48am

I love the laser-cut lampshade and magazine rack! It’s amazing how someone can get all the materials and equipment together to do something like that if you don’t have a giant steel workshop!

Really enjoy your blog-someone mentioned on Spoonflower that you are looking for owls for your blog? I have three or four owl fabric covered button ponytail holders on my site, this includes some snap clip barrettes.

Happy Crafting!
    Kristin :)

Kristin Klines last blog post: Blue Lime Please Be Mine-HAPPY HAIR SNAP CLIP BARRETTES-Fabric Covered Buttons

33. Du Buh Du Designs commented
    March 1st, 2009 at 3:52pm

All fantastic artists. I really enjoyed Kup Kup’s photography~the way she displays unusual item together is really fun to see.

Du Buh Du Designss last blog post: Sneak Peeks of Sunday’s Shop Update (lots of pics)