Etsy Faves

Etsy Take Five Tuesdays

February 24, 2009

It’s never a challenge for me to locate gorgeous handmade work online, it is abundant! Would you like to see what’s on the decor8 radar this week? Polaroid collage, print your own party, products that look to be straight out of Sweden, felt photography and boho jewelry are a few of my favorite things…

Megan Auman in Pennsylvania is so very talented, I mean look at her creations! They are what you’d imagine viewing at the Design House Stockholm or displayed at the ICFF. Her new home collection is all about openwork floral patterns and metal with most being made from laser-cut steel in her latest pattern, small cluster, and finished in either matte black or white powder-coat. (Powder-coat is like paint, only much more durable.) The storage basket, for my ever growing magazine pile, is my favorite of this collection — I can’t take my eyes off of it! I’d gladly own the pendant light too. Amazing! {blog} {flickr}

Lisa Teso is a creative mom who lives in Massachusetts and has a shop called Trampoline featuring her original Polaroid collages. Lisa sums up her unique work nicely, “Original collage created from too pretty to throw away Polaroid cast offs. They are studies in color, texture and nuance…peeks into everyday life.”

Kima is the founder of Kup Kup Land who is originally from Barcelona now living in Athens. Her background is in graphic design and illustration though she loves to experiment with felt and photography too. She combines her felt creations with photography and offers unique prints. Not limiting herself to only wool, she has a fondness for tiny plastic animals and pastries as well (tiny animals are a current trend in independant photography, have you noticed?).

Wiyomu Jewelry designs pretty necklances and earrings as a hobby that seems to cater to the dreamer — the bohemian girl at heart, the eclectic collector, the flea market junkie. So feminine and soft! {flickr}

Happy Papers is a good name for this shop as it’s hard not to be joyous looking at all of this red and blue! Nesting dolls, owls, sheep, so many sweet themes to choose from. This shop features only work that you can download and print, which is great for those looking to save money and have instant gratification. Party kits, stationary sets, cards, tags, a to do list, bookmarks, birthday sets and more!

Thanks for joining me this week for another Etsy Take Five Tuesdays!

(images linked to their sources above)

• Reply hoganfe handmade handbag originals February 24, 2009 at 6:11 pm

OMGosh so many gorgeous items…especially that locket!

• Reply elysa February 24, 2009 at 6:11 pm

I love all of these! Adding to fav sellers. I think the little owl is my fav although I do heart the polaroid as well.

elysas last blog post: Social Networks for Gen Y

• Reply Amy February 24, 2009 at 6:13 pm

I’ve got to say. Your radar is spot on. These shops are great and totally new to me. Thanks for doing the leg work!

Amys last blog post: and the winner is…

• Reply home storage solutions February 24, 2009 at 6:40 pm

wonderful pictures! i love them

• Reply abby February 24, 2009 at 6:40 pm

ooo. those polaroids are dreamy. thanks for sharing!

abbys last blog post: GIVEAWAY: linen handkerchief with peacock design

• Reply Kim Wallace February 24, 2009 at 6:55 pm

Oh I LOVE Lisa’s polaroid collages! Thanks for sharing :)

Kim Wallaces last blog post: New in the online gallery…

• Reply Amy February 24, 2009 at 7:04 pm

Nice – I bought some postcards from Kup Kup Land a few months ago but had no idea she started a dedicated photography shop – Love it! Thanks for posting it! Now if I only I could decide which one(s) I want…

Amys last blog post: Etsy again!

• Reply leaca February 24, 2009 at 7:46 pm

great finds. i have seen them before with the exception of happy papers. i will have to check her out.

leacas last blog post: 12 secrets–#4 Surrenering to Creative Cycles cont.

• Reply Nancy D. February 24, 2009 at 10:02 pm

Thanks for showing us your favorites Holly! I love Etsy Take Five Tuesdays :)

Nancy D.s last blog post: Good news!

• Reply Stephanie February 24, 2009 at 10:11 pm

Love the whistle necklace.

Stephanies last blog post: New Sock Yarn

• Reply Amanda February 24, 2009 at 10:41 pm

I love checking out your finds every week! I’ve been eyeing Megan Auman’s new home collection too!

• Reply madesweet February 25, 2009 at 12:48 am

happy papers is my favorite! it really does make me happy!!!

• Reply michelle February 25, 2009 at 1:13 am

gosh, i LOVE those polariods….
    Thank you for sharing all your treasures you find xx

michelles last blog post: REMINDERS OF YESTERDAY

• Reply YooLa February 25, 2009 at 1:58 am

Megan Auman lampshade is really wonderful, very good design,good pick love it !

YooLas last blog post: Radish Luna Lovegood earrings

• Reply Kelly McCollum February 25, 2009 at 3:30 am

oh wow. etsy never fails :D
    those polaroid collages are brilliant. wonderful inspiration

Kelly McCollums last blog post: The other Oscar

• Reply Caro February 25, 2009 at 8:10 am

oh, cool! this inspire me today. best c*

Caros last blog post: NeedleNudels

• Reply sue@solsticehome February 25, 2009 at 8:49 am

trampoline’s polaroid collages..gorgeous..has become one of my favorite new artist..i have one and love it!

sue@solsticehomes last blog post: monday & tuesday discoveries…..SALE!

• Reply LayersofMeaning February 25, 2009 at 9:09 am

I love Megan Auman! Her work is amazing!
    I’m dying for for one of her storage baskets!

LayersofMeanings last blog post:

• Reply Susanne Evensen February 25, 2009 at 9:16 am

Love rading your blog- it is truly inspirational.
    I wanted to tell you about another favorite blog of mine: and her business minimega papercrafts, If you haven’t vistited her before, you are in for a treat:-)
    There are so many talented people out there….*big sigh* it is frustrating and inspirational at the same time…but hopefully I will find my own crative outlet’s like an itch and at the moment I can’t scratch it. Reading your blog, and through it discovering the vast and incredibly diverse world out there, has made me hopeful that it will all come together sooner rather than later. So, thank you for that:-)

• Reply wiyomu February 25, 2009 at 9:32 am

Thanks so much for featuring me, Holly! :) Love Etsy Take Five Tuesdays! :)

wiyomus last blog post: Double Personalized Initial Necklace

• Reply Rachel B. February 25, 2009 at 9:46 am

I’m loving Kup Kup Land!

Rachel B.s last blog post: Amazing Creations by Ann Wood

• Reply Diana February 25, 2009 at 10:18 am

That lampshade is fantastic!

Dianas last blog post: Hump Day Happiness

• Reply Li February 25, 2009 at 11:23 am

Hey Holly! I love your site, all the things you publish, but here’s the problem: I live in Brazil.. So every time I fall in love with something you see and show us here I get frustrated because I can’t buy it, and I’m finding really hard to buy similar things here… Everything in stores are so expensive, and I can’t find a single site like the ones you have over there…
    anyway, i wanted to ask you if you know any blogs, sites or anything here in Brazil that sells beautiful arts and handmade works!

• Reply my trampoline February 25, 2009 at 11:40 am

thank you so much for featuring my work…one thing though, my name is Kim Ludy.

Lisa Teso is the talented artist who designed my etsy header.

my trampolines last blog post: original polaroid collage THE COLLECTOR

• Reply Melissa de la Fuente February 25, 2009 at 12:14 pm

YAY! Etsy take 5 tuesdays! I love this feature and look forward to it!
    Such great finds, I am so in love with that lamp….*sigh*

• Reply Lisa H. February 25, 2009 at 12:26 pm

I love that you’ve featured Kup Kup. I’ve come across several photographers of vintage figurines and toys and such, but feel that Kup Kup’s compositions are really outstanding examples of that style of photography.

• Reply Mypaperhearts February 25, 2009 at 1:40 pm

These are great finds! I am not always as lucky when I’m searching Etsy. Loving Kup Kup Land. Why are tiny food and animals so darn cute?

Mypaperheartss last blog post: Geometric Bouquet 1

• Reply Katie Stephenson February 25, 2009 at 5:40 pm

Oh my gosh, I love the polaroid use. I’m a polaroid gal too and especially the old SX-70 film is so valuable it breaks your heart to see it go to waste. I did a gocco print on some recently:

Katie Stephensons last blog post: I won, I won. G.E. #5 bulbs (on Ebay)

• Reply Jen Singh February 25, 2009 at 9:58 pm

Happy papers is just lovely. Great picks!

• Reply Kima February 26, 2009 at 1:09 pm

Thank you so much Holly for for featuring my shop!!
    I love your Etsy Take Five Tuesdays!!

Kimas last blog post: Animal cards-Set of four

• Reply ana guimaraes February 26, 2009 at 2:25 pm

Holly…! Thank you so much for for featuring our shop!! (happypapers), we are two designers from argentina and we coudnt believe that we are in your blog…! we are fans of decor 8 for long time ago!
    thanks again

ana guimaraess last blog post: Birthday Set. Printable PDF

• Reply Kristin Kline February 27, 2009 at 12:48 am

I love the laser-cut lampshade and magazine rack! It’s amazing how someone can get all the materials and equipment together to do something like that if you don’t have a giant steel workshop!

Really enjoy your blog-someone mentioned on Spoonflower that you are looking for owls for your blog? I have three or four owl fabric covered button ponytail holders on my site, this includes some snap clip barrettes.

Happy Crafting!
    Kristin :)

Kristin Klines last blog post: Blue Lime Please Be Mine-HAPPY HAIR SNAP CLIP BARRETTES-Fabric Covered Buttons

• Reply Du Buh Du Designs March 1, 2009 at 3:52 pm

All fantastic artists. I really enjoyed Kup Kup’s photography~the way she displays unusual item together is really fun to see.

Du Buh Du Designss last blog post: Sneak Peeks of Sunday’s Shop Update (lots of pics)