uncategorized

Happy Weekend!

February 27, 2009

Have a nice weekend peeps! I’m signing off but want to wish you a happy weekend but with a bit of a warning: watch out for the Easter candy hitting stores right now. Gracious! Aqua M&Ms, peeps in all shades, lovely packaging, I could not believe my eyes in the grocery store last night. I was equally shocked when these little guys hopped into my cart (I didn’t place them there, oh no!). I figured they were lonely looking for a friend so I brought them home. My home. Now I feel like eating them because that is what we do to candy, but I don’t think that would be hospitable of me because you see, they don’t believe they are candy but actual birds. I feel bad telling them, I mean just look at the faces… it’s hard to resist the temptation but also hard to give in because they are so cute and well mannered. Hmmm. I clearly have a stressful life with very tough decisions to make.

I’ll see you around this way again on Monday. Not sure the peeps will, though. I just ate one while typing this. Tweet!

(image by holly becker for decor8)

You Might Also Like

29 Comments

• Reply Maleah February 27, 2009 at 4:18 pm

Love your blog, it is so beautiful!!!

Maleahs last blog post: Weathering The Years – 8×10 Fine Art Photograph

• Reply meg manion silliker February 27, 2009 at 4:24 pm

oh holly nothing says springtime like a box of peeps! my mom used to take a knife and slice the top of the cellophane and put the box in her cabinet to get the peeps nice and stale. truly. a stale peep is far better than a fresh one. something about the crunch!! try it.

• Reply Sara February 27, 2009 at 4:31 pm

I will admit that peeps are cute. But they’ve always been safe from peep-death around me. They usually just sit on a shelf until they die from boredom/staleness.

Saras last blog post: White Blossoms – 5 x 7

• Reply Melanie O February 27, 2009 at 4:36 pm

I agree with Sara, I find them adorable, but not too tasty. I really like looking at them more than eating them!

Melanie Os last blog post: Fabric On Sale! More Amy Butler!

• Reply LY February 27, 2009 at 4:37 pm

Oh my gosh, I know. The temptation is palpable. I’ve never been a Peeps fan, but the pastel M&Ms and Reese’s eggs WRECK ME.

And by “wreck me,” I mean “fill me with chocolatey-sweet satisfaction.”

LYs last blog post: French Friday: Fifi Mandirac!

• Reply molly February 27, 2009 at 4:45 pm

I grew up in a family of peeps lovers, and while they’re not my favorite sweet, I still have to indulge, for the cuteness factor alone. Have a nice weekend Holly!

mollys last blog post: In need of a beach day

• Reply [michele] February 27, 2009 at 4:47 pm

Well I should have read more carefully before I twittered!

This was my little one’s very favorite book last Easter: http://www.amazon.com/Owens-Marshmallow-Chick-Kevin-Henkes/dp/product-description/0060010126

[michele]s last blog post: At The House Of Next Tuesday

• Reply Sherry February 27, 2009 at 4:51 pm

You crack me up. Happy weekend!

xo,
    Sherry

Sherrys last blog post: Reader Redesign: Calendar Girl

• Reply SoniaBonia February 27, 2009 at 4:52 pm

Could you be any cuter? Denial of Peep consumption never did anyone any good. You should fess up that you put them in that cart of yours intentionally!

Happy weekend!

SoniaBonias last blog post: interview for rachellake

• Reply Shanon February 27, 2009 at 4:54 pm

Easter candy– love it! It’s easily my favorite holiday. =)

Shanons last blog post: Happy Friday!

• Reply Lori Paximadis February 27, 2009 at 5:11 pm

I adore Peeps — and that beautiful blue vase you have. Peeps are best when they’re a little bit stale.

Lori Paximadiss last blog post: Friday Roundup

• Reply annkent February 27, 2009 at 5:34 pm

Pretty vignette …

• Reply Ashley Dernick February 27, 2009 at 5:34 pm

YUM! I just may have to go buy some myself.

Love the Blog!

Ashley Dernicks last blog post: Baby Shower Favour Box

• Reply Allison February 27, 2009 at 5:37 pm

I soooo miss my peeps… my absolute favorite, sniff, sniff. I would even trade the yummy German bread here to have a year-round supply.

Allisons last blog post: On My Desk…

• Reply Amanda Nicole February 27, 2009 at 6:34 pm

I, too, noticed the stash of Easter candy that has arrived at the grocery stores – I’ve already plowed through one Creme Egg and a pack of Mini-Eggs!

I like to keep a bowl of seasonal candy on the counter, but I’m not sure how long those bite-sized, foil-wrapped chocolate eggs are going to last … Happy weekend!

Amanda Nicoles last blog post: Friday link fest: lazy weekend crafts

• Reply Taylor February 27, 2009 at 9:11 pm

Don’t care for the Peeps but where DID you get that book from that is displaying the lovely bowl?

Taylors last blog post: A Glimpse Into My Home

• Reply Jaimee February 27, 2009 at 9:16 pm

Have a lovely weekend and enjoy your sweets :) shhhhhhhhh

• Reply beth February 27, 2009 at 11:24 pm

oh- how i love this post! looking forward to the class….
    beth

beths last blog post: a wee end to a big week…

• Reply Benita February 28, 2009 at 1:21 am

You guys have the best Easter candy in the States. We are soooo far behind in Sweden. No Peeps, no cute color M&Ms, nothing. I’m hoping to score better in Germany later on in march :)

Benitas last blog post: Organizing Under the Kitchen Sink

• Reply Jacqueline February 28, 2009 at 5:37 am

Loving that picture! Have a lovely merry happy weekend! Lots of love to you!

Jacquelines last blog post: A little baby candy…

• Reply Denise Smith February 28, 2009 at 10:45 am

Peeps are gross. But coconut nests for jelly beans? Yum! And BLACK jelly beans are the best!

Denise Smiths last blog post: Patchwork

• Reply Rachel February 28, 2009 at 11:01 am

Just silly-ness!! I do like me some peeps!! :-)

Rachels last blog post: Baby Turtle Standing Border

• Reply Fab Brunette March 2, 2009 at 10:21 am

Mmmm, beautiful blog – tasty treats! See you on here soon!

Fab Brunettes last blog post: Monday Muse

• Reply kerri j. March 2, 2009 at 11:00 am

yummm!

• Reply Mandy Saile March 2, 2009 at 11:39 am

Don’t do it…they are much to sweet to eat:D, ha ha…..Mandy.

Mandy Sailes last blog post: New Painting ‘Avian 4" & Birthday Wishes

• Reply Laurie Suzuki March 2, 2009 at 12:13 pm

Hi there,

I just wanted to let your readers know about our big sale
    http://www.yumiandlaurie.com/. We have a 40% off spring sale on all of our blanQuettes. I hope your readers might take a peek!
    Thanks

• Reply shoppingsmycardio March 2, 2009 at 1:33 pm

easter candy is my single biggest weakness of the year. cadbury mini-eggs alone are responsible for some serious damage. sigh…thank goodness it’s only for a few weeks each year!

shoppingsmycardios last blog post: shoppingsmycardio giveaway: lillybee shoes and simply soles!

• Reply Jamie March 2, 2009 at 11:12 pm

i love those peeps!

• Reply emmie March 3, 2009 at 10:50 am

Peeps are great – to eat and decorate with for spring. And yes, it is true that they are best when you remove the cellophane and wait a day or two before eating them!

emmies last blog post: Little Big Planet