Spring Inspiration from Amy Butler Design

It’s Friday, time to prepare for the weekend and hope for Spring with fresh images from the inspiration folders of Amy Butler Design. I haven’t talked about Amy in over three months so I needed a little of her sparkle and beauty on my site today. I’m so fond of her design work and home in Ohio, but I also follow her husband and business partner David because in my opinion his photos of Amy’s products radiant joy and life. When I look at his recent batch of photos (below), I imagine a charming country lifestyle… a sweet friend winks at you from the porch, asks that join in on a game of cards and whether or not you’d like one lemon slice in your tea or two.

I love single flowers in candle holders, I do the exact same thing with mine too. Just add a few tablespoons of water and your buds will stay beautiful!

View additional larger photos here and to shop for Amy’s products visit her web shop. Don’t miss her gorgeous new stationery, the Lucky Flowers collection.

(images from amy butler design)

Posted by decor8 in inspiration, shopping on February 27, 2009

1. YooLa commented
    February 27th, 2009 at 3:33am

Love Amy’s designs !great to find her here.

YooLas last blog post: Silver Pod Beads

2. ms firefly commented
    February 27th, 2009 at 3:34am

awww, prettiness!!!

ms fireflys last blog post: sketches and irony

3. grace commented
    February 27th, 2009 at 3:35am

how on earth can a human create something so beautiful and intricate? this post motivated me to pull out my tricia guild book and just feel inspired for a sec!

yayyyy decor8, we love you

graces last blog post: DIY corset/bra/meshthingie

4. Petra :-) commented
    February 27th, 2009 at 3:53am

the pictures are georgeous….and the cute cake style pillows are adorable, I love it :-)

Petra :-)s last blog post: style of the week :-)

5. Angeli from the Philippines commented
    February 27th, 2009 at 4:40am

I love Amy Butler fabrics, but haven’t visited her site in a long time. I just remembered I needed to blog about her. Thanks for the reminder!

Angeli from the Philippiness last blog post: Waiting for Mr. Postman

6. Hummmlan commented
    February 27th, 2009 at 4:48am

What lovely photos!
    I love Amy Butlers fabrics and design.
    This so feels like spring!

Hummmlans last blog post: More flower ttv…

7. Ester commented
    February 27th, 2009 at 5:11am

Wow, this photos are sooo inspirative, that I have to buy a new camera and start to take pictures again!! As for a first time I visited your flickr site, my first thought was: this kind of photos I would like to take! It really motivates me! Thanks for sharing!

Esters last blog post: Happy Valentine´s Day!

8. Viv commented
    February 27th, 2009 at 5:48am

This is wonderful to see. I’ve been recently using and Amy Butler fabric in some of the fabric art pieces I create for my Etsy store. My mind is going crazy with ideas of how to use these gorgeous fabrics. And the stationery is beautiful too.

Viv xx

Vivs last blog post: Etsy art

9. Allison commented
    February 27th, 2009 at 5:59am

I think I have been completely impressed and blown away by everything that Amy Butler has put her hand to. I recently saw a video about her that impressed me even more about how she and her husband started their business, how they work together as a team on just about everything, and that they never borrowed one cent to make it all happen. She had even said that when they first started out that they had only one car, lived way out in the country, and there were few options for income within walking distance, which lead to her working at a local greenhouse.

Amy’s work is slowly becoming more known in Germany and it excites me that there has been such a revolution in fabrics since this fabulous and talented designer has come on the scene. Thanks for sharing.

Allisons last blog post: When Spoons & Fingers Just Won’t Do

10. Stephanie commented
    February 27th, 2009 at 6:21am

I looove Amy Butler. How can she (and her husband) create this much beauty. You are completely correct to mention her husband’s beautiful photography as being central to her success. My dream house would look like hers :)

11. Caroline @ Patagonia Gifts commented
    February 27th, 2009 at 7:22am

Such a cheerful post! Love all these colors and flowers. These fabrics are delightful!

12. Tricia McKellar commented
    February 27th, 2009 at 7:26am

A lovely way to start Friday… Thank you! :)

Tricia McKellars last blog post: Dream, 8×10 Fine Art Photograph by Tricia McKellar

13. Erin commented
    February 27th, 2009 at 7:46am

Wow…gorgeous. This is the perfect “Spring fix”!

Erins last blog post: The Nature of Contrast

14. Tanya commented
    February 27th, 2009 at 8:08am

Love the designs but also the photography – beautiful and inspiring.

I just got a set of postage stickers from Papaya – quite hard to come by the brand in UK – and it is absolutely stunning. I had all the good intentions but I don’t think I’ll be using those beauties on letters! I think they’d be going on the walls in my flat. But it had the same effect of bringing ‘spring’ into my mind

15. Joan commented
    February 27th, 2009 at 8:17am

Beautiful photos! Just what I needed on a Friday morning. Love your site!

16. Denise Smith commented
    February 27th, 2009 at 8:36am

I love Amy. She makes Ohio seem cool–which it is not– I know from being a native.

My little one came up with the same flower idea and I thought she was so clever! Yea, I blogged about it:

I am sorry, Holly. I know. Mothers can be SO obnoxious!

Denise Smiths last blog post: More From 2nd April Galerie

17. Caterina commented
    February 27th, 2009 at 9:01am

So much talent in this couple!!It really is – one complement the other – What a great way to present her work, the pictures are stunning, so the stationery….I am inspired!!

Caterinas last blog post: Butterflies

18. Rachel Denbow commented
    February 27th, 2009 at 9:40am

Oooh! I love the recovered mid-century chair!

Rachel Denbows last blog post: Keep It Like A Secret

19. Terriaw commented
    February 27th, 2009 at 10:11am

I agree – these photographs really are amazing! I love all the bright, fresh flowers and pillows and fabric. What a great pick-me-up for a chilly Friday around here.

Terriaws last blog post: Candy Quilt

20. decor8 commented
    February 27th, 2009 at 10:40am

Allison – Did you know that you can find her fabric in Germany at a few shops and also in a few online shops? Also her book Midwest Modern is available there are bookstores in German.

21. Dee Beale commented
    February 27th, 2009 at 10:48am

Just Beauiful.

Dee Beales last blog post: Vintage Pattern Inspiration

22. Dee Beale commented
    February 27th, 2009 at 10:49am

Just Beautiful

Dee Beales last blog post: Vintage Pattern Inspiration

23. The Moggit Girls commented
    February 27th, 2009 at 11:03am

So fresh! Just what we needed here, on what can only be described as a DISMAL day- seriously, is there anything worse than rain on dirty snow??

Loved the piece that was done on Amy & her husband in — ohmygoodness, was it CL or CH??– can’t remember just now! But I do remember thinking how vibrant and fresh and energetic everything looked… so fab!

Hoping you get a chance to drop over the to ‘the mogg blogg’– we’re getting ready for a Domino book giveaway.. we’ll get your tea ready– one slice of lemon or two??
    ;)
    J&J

24. artkitten commented
    February 27th, 2009 at 11:27am

Wow. This is the most gorgeous collection of Amy Butler’s I have seen so far.

artkittens last blog post: Confession

25. Laura commented
    February 27th, 2009 at 11:36am

I am in total awe of Amy *and* David! I love everything they do, and I find myself constantly reaching for Amy’s book when I’m in need of inspiration. Thanks for this post – I especially love those big Moroccan-ish floor cushions! Yum! I wish I had a few of those in my office right now :)

26. Tracey commented
    February 27th, 2009 at 11:47am

The products are great, but it is the photography that appeals to me. What is the saying- “a picture is worth a thousand words”!

27. Allison commented
    February 27th, 2009 at 12:35pm

Holly,

Thanks, actually I do know that you can find Amy’s fabric here because I am one of Amy Butler’s listed online retailers for Germany, and I am also selling fabrics from other American designers. I purchase entire bolts, cut a meter or two for myself for making purses and other projects, and sell the rest. In fact, selling fabric has now become my main income from online selling. For me it is enough just to have beautiful fabrics running through my fingers everyday whether it is creating with it or just cutting it. As for her book, I have seen it, but decided the English version might be a little easier for me to read. I may purchase the German version anyway to have available for my customers to look through when we do markets.

Allisons last blog post: On My Desk…

28. dolce chic commented
    February 27th, 2009 at 1:03pm

Gorgeous photos, Amy Butler’s remarkably talented!

29. Gina commented
    February 27th, 2009 at 1:18pm

Ohh! I love Amy Butler! Those photographs are so lovely and inspiring. Thanks so much for posting them. I love coming to your blog and looking at all of the lovely things, makes the work day so much better. :-)

Ginas last blog post: Weekly Wrap Up

30. Little Paper Dog commented
    February 27th, 2009 at 1:26pm

Gasp! Gorgeous pattern overload!

Little Paper Dogs last blog post: easy peasy drawstring bag

31. Melissa commented
    February 27th, 2009 at 1:27pm

I’ve always loved Amy’s sense of color, and I love the items in her latest line!

Melissas last blog post: It’s what?

32. Rachel commented
    February 27th, 2009 at 1:41pm

I NEED those pilllows with the service tray. They look functional and versitile.

Rachels last blog post: Binding in Progress

33. Shanon commented
    February 27th, 2009 at 1:49pm

Amy and her husband are a match made in heaven. =)

I really needed this pretty colors today, as my world is all white again. We got TONS of snow last night!

Shanons last blog post: Happy Friday!

34. Kim @ The TomKat Studio commented
    February 27th, 2009 at 2:31pm

I just bought some of her paper yesterday to use for my frames! Her designs are absolutely beautiful!

35. Suzanne commented
    February 27th, 2009 at 2:47pm

Amy seems to get better and better each time I revisit her collections. These photos are stunning. Thank you Holly…just the inspiration I needed going into the weekend.

Suzannes last blog post: { pssst…}

36. alicia commented
    February 27th, 2009 at 2:51pm

I love the photos on Amy’s site. They always seem to be infused with summer no matter what time of year it is.

alicias last blog post:

37. Kara commented
    February 27th, 2009 at 2:55pm

I love those pictures. So beautiful.

Karas last blog post: Company Girl Coffee 02.27.09

38. renata commented
    February 27th, 2009 at 3:01pm

hello,
    i am from Brasil
    I love coming to your blog, you really inspire me and also my blog.
    i just post it there.
    lov.
    renata

renatas last blog post: Cores Frias

39. kelly commented
    February 27th, 2009 at 3:42pm

it’s funny. i always think of her designs as *very* southern. the front porch, the iced tea, the open airy feeling. must be my southern bias.
    i adore her colorways, and i’m thinking of ways to turn the patterns into embroidery.

40. JENNIFER RAMOS commented
    February 27th, 2009 at 5:36pm

I LOVE Amy Butler fabrics and I’ve bought quite a few from a shop on Etsy called Fabric Shoppe.
    Anyhow I use a few of t hem on the butterfly prints in my etsy shop. They look great! : )

Jen Ramos
    ‘Cards & Prints You’ll Love…’
    madebygirl.blogspot.com