Wallpaper Border – On the Bottom?

Have you noticed some of the bold, new wallpaper available online at Anthropologie?

It’s quirky and cute and I particularly like how they show it installed in this photo above in a most unique, beautiful way – it’s like the borders from the 1980′s going south from the top of the wall to the bottom. I like it! Remember when we dished about wallpaper borders on decor8 last October? I don’t like the curtains, but we’ll focus on the walls in this case. :)

What do you think, would you try a band of wallpaper around the bottom of your room?

(images from anthropologie)

Posted by decor8 in walls on March 03, 2009

1. jen commented
    March 3rd, 2009 at 11:52am

I don’t think I could. I do love the new styles out there but I vaguely remember my mom and grandma putting up wallpaper and it seemed like a lot more work than paint. May in a smaller room or one wall it could work for me.

jens last blog post: favorite thing monday: body wash

2. Averill commented
    March 3rd, 2009 at 11:56am

Love the barking mad wallpaper — but I’m a sucker for anything with a dachshund on it.

As for wallpapering the lower half of your room — I prefer it to upper borders (just too 80s for me), but as always, it depends on the paper (and the paint you pair it with!). My mother’s kitchen had wallpaper on the lower half of the walls below the chair rail and it looked fine.

3. Lindsay commented
    March 3rd, 2009 at 12:01pm

I love it. Plus, I’m thinking it might be a way of creating the illusion of substantial baseboards. I’m cursed with new-build skinny pathetic baseboards and zero budget for new trim…this might be a solution…

4. Shanon commented
    March 3rd, 2009 at 12:08pm

I totally agree with Lindsay, about the baseboards, I knew there was a particular reason why I liked this! =)

Shanons last blog post: Under Glass & Under Water

5. Linsi commented
    March 3rd, 2009 at 12:35pm

I love this. Several reasons: 1. Expanding on what Lindsay said, it really anchors the room to have the bold color/pattern on the bottom (and actually would make a room appear larger, as opposed to a ceiling border) 2. Great excuse to use more than one wallpaper style. I’m so infatuated with wallpaper these days that I don’t think I could narrow it down to one… 3. Allows you to use a really ‘out there’ paper without getting too freaked out about it taking over. Plus, if it does freak you out, you have a lot less to take down :)

Linsis last blog post: the veggie van

6. Hazel commented
    March 3rd, 2009 at 2:12pm

This would work well for us. Never thought of it. I might distract the eye from doggy smudges and the plethora of electrical outlets.

Hazels last blog post: Red Letter Day

7. Ashley Rose commented
    March 3rd, 2009 at 3:10pm

Wow, this wallpaper is going to get me in trouble! I just love all of them ;)

Ashley Roses last blog post: Welcome

8. Michelle commented
    March 3rd, 2009 at 4:28pm

No, no, no, no, and no. Wallpaper is straight from the Devil and should be outlawed.

Of course, my house is full of ugly wallpaper from the previous owners, so I may have a somewhat irrational hatred of the stuff just now.

Michelles last blog post: I feel like I should make up for this recent discovery by eating a second chocolate bar

9. Jennifer Fuchs commented
    March 3rd, 2009 at 5:23pm

I really like how it looks in this photo, so cute! I think I could do it in my office or a more casual room that I’m will to experiment, I say YES!!!
    Jennifer

Jennifer Fuchss last blog post: ‘Lovely Thing’

10. SixDifferentWays commented
    June 21st, 2009 at 3:25pm

Love these designs and willing to give wallpaper another shot but please dont go back to borders! The house we are renting had borders on both the top and bottom of nearly every wall when we moved in- its not a good look at least not in the huge a dose.

SixDifferentWayss last blog post: Teo Jasmin