Amble Through Bramble Crepe Flowers

Morgan Levine grew up in Bethesda, Maryland and moved to Brooklyn to study industrial design at Pratt Institute where she graduated in ‘04. It was during her first freelance job at Martha Stewart when she was assigned to create bunches of crepe paper daffodils that a love for crepe paper was born. She started to experiment with turning it brooches and barrettes. Today, she is making paper goodies for her company Amble Through Bramble. My mother and I made a ton of crepe flowers for my wedding in ‘01 so I have a very special spot for paper flowers which is why I think I love knowing about Morgan and her beautiful work.

Morgan makes her own double sided crepe paper, hand cuts each petal, assembles each blossom, and then preserves it in a durable resin. The overgrown roses are made using double sided German crepe paper. In addition to Amble Through Bramble her day job is an enviable one — she’s an editorial assistant at Martha Stewart Living and writes on their new crafting blog. Morgan was once a design assistant to design rock star Jonathan Adler so she has been around some of the best which has no doubt had a positive influence on her crafting skills.

Custom orders are available upon request. Wouldn’t these be amazing for a bridal party or as favors?

Learn how to make your own crepe flowers right here with a step-by-step tutorial.

(images from morgan levine)

Posted by decor8 in Arts + Crafts, diy on March 13, 2009

1. sophie commented
    May 5th, 2010 at 3:28pm

Where can I get the crepe paper with the colors on the edge? Has she made them herself? How would one do that? Dip it in something? They are all so gorgeous!

2. Kerry commented
    October 25th, 2010 at 7:34pm

Hi, I have the same question as Sophie… where can I get the crepe paper with different color around the eadge? Also, where can I find double-sided brown crepe paper?

3. Bonnie commented
    September 15th, 2011 at 10:50pm

I am very interested in making the giant crepe paper roses, but cannot find the double sided crepe paper . Can you help? Thank you.

4. Elaine Campbell commented
    July 25th, 2012 at 4:42pm

My Grandmother, probably over 50 years ago, made giant crepe paper roses for my Mother & her sisters. They are still in good shape, but are deteriorating. How do I perserve them, without a lot of “trouble”..

Thanks

5. kay george commented
    July 11th, 2013 at 6:27am

@Bonnie: I get mine online from Castle in The Air.. A lot of choices, and good heavy papers. Hope this helps..;^)

6. Nas Brooks commented
    July 18th, 2013 at 10:41am

where can i get a copy of the templetes to create the giant crepe paper roses?

7. Colleen commented
    August 9th, 2013 at 4:47pm

Hoe does she preserve them? what is a durable resin? is it a spray?