Inspiration

Photography By Tia Borgsmidt

June 25, 2009

I was browsing the BoligLiv website this morning when I stumbled upon Danish photographer Tia Borgsmidt. The photos of these homes shown below are perfect examples of the home decor that I like. Especially the top two images and the dining room shown in the last photo. Wood floors, check. Transom window over interior door, high five. Gorgeous lighting, yup yup. Pairing vintage with modern, yes sir re bob. Soft fresh color palette, sign me up. Showing restraint in design, amen. Though I confess, I have problems with the restraint part so I have to continuously fine tune when I’m decorating or else I risk over styling a dresser or putting too much art around, etc. Tia Borgsmidt’s photos are so inviting, don’t you think? You can view more of Tia’s portfolio online right here.

Photography By Tia Borgsmidt

Photography By Tia Borgsmidt

After googling Tia, I found that the dear Marion Hearts wrote about her too and I’d love to show you her post here where she shows additional work from this great photographer.

(images: Tia Borgsmidt)

8 Comments

• Reply SixDifferentWays June 25, 2009 at 11:16 am

Simply beautiful :)

• Reply Kim June 25, 2009 at 11:39 am

Wow! I must say, those photos sum up precisely what I would like my future apartment to look like! I will definitely be adding this to my favorites folder! Thanks so much for the amazing post! =D

• Reply Barbara June 25, 2009 at 11:50 am

I never thought of myself as a big user of color, but I guess I am since this type of style is so so white. I like color on my furniture and somewhat darker woods, although most of my walls are an off white. To each their own.

• Reply christine June 25, 2009 at 12:15 pm

i love tia borgsmidt :D her style is gorgeous :D and i love boligliv aswell, such a nice magazine :)

check out her colleague at http://www.retrovilla.dk, such an inspiring site :D

• Reply Mimi June 25, 2009 at 12:56 pm

I really love that blue lamp…soooo lovely!

• Reply angela tetaud June 25, 2009 at 1:50 pm

I beg my friends in denmark to send me Bolig. Can you get it here, I have tried with zero success. Please let me know if you are buying it somewhere or just online viewing their site. I love these pics!!!

• Reply colleen June 25, 2009 at 5:08 pm

Lately, I have been really interested in creating more of a white/off white color palette for my home. I enjoyed seeing these rooms and their design elements, especially the beautiful wood floors. Very soothing to my soul.

• Reply anja oostvogel- gadet March 28, 2010 at 10:24 am

Hallo Tia

Kom heel toevallig dit tegen en vanuit Maastricht, Nederland..wil ik je zeggen: HEEL ERG MOOI!!! Doe de lieve groeten aan je ouders en een poen aan je lieve kinderen.( en aan Morten natuurlijk) Tot ziens in Mastricht of Denemarken. Groet: @NJ@.