Objects

Christina Lundsteen: Pillow Heaven

June 29, 2009

I was able to spend a brief window this past weekend catching up on some magazines I’ve been meaning to read when I came across the gorgeous apartment of Danish pillow designer Christina Lundsteen in the January 09 issue of German Living & More magazine. Here is one image from Christina’s home, can you imagine living like this? The issue is packed with more — if I had a scanner I’d show you some because it’s an absolute stunner. One of those homes you imagine moving right into, curling up on the sofa, and dreaming about your last vacation where you found those lovely frames at that flea market or the amazing jugs from the bazaar. In this image below I can’t stop staring at the door leaning against the wall in that stunning blue and what appears to be the most unique coffee table I’ve seen in quite some time. Isn’t the petite chandelier and the pretty ceiling medallion a nice touch too?

Christina Lundsteen: Pillow Heaven

Christina Lundsteen: Pillow Heaven

Christina Lundsteen: Pillow Heaven

Christina Lundsteen: Pillow Heaven

Combining antique textiles in a fresh and interesting way, Christina’s designs really speak to me and I love seeing them in situ in a home environment because I think that you can see just how pretty they really are versus a simple Photoshop view against a white background. Since they are all one-of-a-kind you may not be able to find the exact prints and patterns shown above but many are currently available online at a beautiful Danish home store called Anker Living. AL ships outside of Denmark to the rest of the EU and the world, and speaks Danish, English and German so you should be in good hands should feel like placing an order. I suggest ordering the pillow covers (if they do in fact zip off, I’d assume yes) and buy the inserts locally to save on shipping. Email: ankerliving AT ankerliving.dk for more information please.

Don’t forget to visit the photographers websites below who took these photos – each of their portfolios is packed with stunning things that you won’t want to miss out on. I tried to locate a website or agent for the stylist, Bolette Kiær, who arranged the first photo without any luck. If you have her web address kindly leave it in the comments section and I’ll gladly edit this post and add it in later.

(Images: top: Mikkel Adsbøl, stylist: Bolette Kiær. all others Thomas Skyum.)

You Might Also Like

34 Comments

• Reply Amy June 29, 2009 at 8:28 am

Wow – beautiful images for a Monday morning! I am going to check out all the links like asap!!!
    .-= Amy´s last blog ..I lied… =-.

• Reply Tiedupmemories June 29, 2009 at 8:29 am

Just Beautiful! I love the contrast of colors!The wall colors and base boards with the flooring and to top it off the gorgeous pillows! Love it!Thanks for sharing!!
    .-= Tiedupmemories´s last blog ..Bloom =-.

• Reply Jessica G. June 29, 2009 at 8:29 am

these are gorgeous!!

• Reply SixDifferentWays June 29, 2009 at 9:09 am

These are beautiful! I need to find a way to use floor pillows in my home asap.
    .-= SixDifferentWays´s last blog ..Marcus Tremento =-.

• Reply Petra- Designfragment June 29, 2009 at 9:17 am

Those danes- they know how to decorate!

Visit my Swedish interior design blog if you like, I would love it if you left a comment!

All my best- Petra/Designfragment
    .-= Petra- Designfragment´s last blog ..Jakten på de perfekta krokarna =-.

• Reply Erin McNulty June 29, 2009 at 9:21 am

So beautiful!! I recently found your blog and it is so inspiring! Thanks for sharing!
    .-= Erin McNulty´s last blog ..Personalized Wedding Tree =-.

• Reply Leslie June 29, 2009 at 9:24 am

Lovely! Those pillows are fantastic!
    .-= Leslie´s last blog ..Pregnancy Dreams =-.

• Reply mutuelle June 29, 2009 at 9:44 am

So nice designs,I’m really inspired here!

• Reply Melissa de la Fuente June 29, 2009 at 10:07 am

Such beautiful photographs and beautiful pillows…..
    xo
    Melis

• Reply Kate (Birdcage Cards) June 29, 2009 at 10:24 am

These pictures are delightful. I love that blue door just propped against the wall; so casual but still makes quite the statement.

Pillows are a weakness of mine and I love mixing prints and patterns. It gives that cozy bohemian look I love. So I especially love this post. Oh, and in that second pic, that round gold and blue pillow is gorgeous – I think I’m in love!

As for the floor pillows, SixDifferentWays I know exactly what you mean. I’ve aways loved the idea of floor pillows too but with a dog it makes my love a mute point, sigh…

• Reply decor8 June 29, 2009 at 10:45 am

You can always stack floor pillows in the corner with a pretty book on top or something and then unstack and toss them around when guests arrive. May keep the dogs off.

• Reply cara June 29, 2009 at 10:52 am

Gorgeous! Like a refreshing wake-up, is that possible? Thanks :)!
    .-= cara´s last blog ..All together now: omg =-.

• Reply SixDifferentWays June 29, 2009 at 10:53 am

Thanks Holly, that sounds like a pracitcal and effective approach :) I’m just always hesitant to do things like this because I feel like when I scatter pillows it will look like exactly that – scattered, but when i see them in images like this they look perfect. I will give it a shot though!
    .-= SixDifferentWays´s last blog ..Marcus Tremento =-.

• Reply Melissa Allam June 29, 2009 at 1:50 pm

The rustic wall backdrop behind these pillows is just gorgeous.
    .-= Melissa Allam´s last blog ..Happy Monday! =-.

• Reply sly_fox June 29, 2009 at 6:55 pm

Something I love about pillows is that they can act like a movable patchwork composition … you can have a joyful sampling of delicious fabrics without the full-throttle commitment (or price tag) of, say, a Squint sofa. There’s wonderful diversity here in terms of colors, pattern mixing, and variety of shapes and sizes. One of each, please :)
    I agree about the wall treatments – the layered, distressed shades of rose and the insinutation of a botanical stencil are lovely.
    The white room/blue door vignette has a morrocan vibe – the cool, spare walls and floor, the solidity of the bench (which appears built in) offset with an abundance of soft pillows, the weathered blue door.

• Reply Penny Patten June 30, 2009 at 8:54 am

What wonderful pillows, just makes you want to cuddle up with one, maybe relax, read a good book.
    .-= Penny Patten´s last blog ..Picking Strawberrys… =-.

• Reply Boston June 30, 2009 at 9:08 am

How do you think that wall was painted? It is very beautiful.

• Reply Carolina Elizabeth July 1, 2009 at 8:01 am

I love the textures and colors of the wall. I especially like the that they left the stencil pattern stay looking fresh. The contrast is beautiful!
    .-= Carolina Elizabeth´s last blog ..Absolutely Beautiful Inspiration………………. from Anna Spiro =-.

• Reply mutuelle santé October 1, 2009 at 8:19 am

it’s really beautiful!

• Reply mutuelle October 6, 2009 at 6:49 am

This pillow is so cute!

• Reply Samantha Lamb October 20, 2009 at 8:04 am

oohhh thank you for this post.. i needed a pillow post:) i need some in the worst way:)

• Reply Mutuelle October 27, 2009 at 1:46 am

These designs are very beautiful. Good job!

• Reply louise November 4, 2009 at 7:51 am

Gorgeous gorgeous pillows,
    eagerly chedcked out ankerliving only to be a little shocked at the price of one, €309 uber exculsive and unfortunately not the domain of average folk

Beautiful to look at and inspire me to make some of my own :)

• Reply assurance November 5, 2009 at 6:45 pm

I love the designs also.. thx for it.

• Reply Mutuelle santé November 12, 2009 at 9:01 am

Beautiful images, gorgeous.
    .-= Mutuelle santé´s last blog ..Augmentation des beneficiaires de l’aide à l’acquisition d’une mutuelle sante =-.

• Reply mutuelle December 17, 2009 at 6:26 am

These photos are wonderful trs at tradition

• Reply mutuelle April 7, 2010 at 10:54 am

Hey mutuelle’s people are everywhere ! that’s unbelievable ;) I like these pictures, gon on :)

• Reply complémentaire santé April 8, 2010 at 8:28 am

I love the picture!

• Reply mutuelle May 19, 2010 at 4:38 am

These designs are very beautiful,good continuation

• Reply mutuelle June 16, 2010 at 5:43 pm

very good i like this work !!!

• Reply gagner August 7, 2010 at 1:28 am

So nice designs,I’m really inspired here!

• Reply handmadeflowers August 7, 2010 at 7:55 pm

Love these pillows, these could really dress up my plain white couch.

• Reply Mutuelle santé July 30, 2012 at 2:52 pm

What beautifull pillows, I like it very very much

• Reply la médicale October 24, 2012 at 5:37 pm

Love the pink blue one! Cool selection