Christina Lundsteen: Pillow Heaven

I was able to spend a brief window this past weekend catching up on some magazines I’ve been meaning to read when I came across the gorgeous apartment of Danish pillow designer Christina Lundsteen in the January 09 issue of German Living & More magazine. Here is one image from Christina’s home, can you imagine living like this? The issue is packed with more — if I had a scanner I’d show you some because it’s an absolute stunner. One of those homes you imagine moving right into, curling up on the sofa, and dreaming about your last vacation where you found those lovely frames at that flea market or the amazing jugs from the bazaar. In this image below I can’t stop staring at the door leaning against the wall in that stunning blue and what appears to be the most unique coffee table I’ve seen in quite some time. Isn’t the petite chandelier and the pretty ceiling medallion a nice touch too?

Christina Lundsteen

Christina Lundsteen

Christina Lundsteen

Christina Lundsteen

Combining antique textiles in a fresh and interesting way, Christina’s designs really speak to me and I love seeing them in situ in a home environment because I think that you can see just how pretty they really are versus a simple Photoshop view against a white background. Since they are all one-of-a-kind you may not be able to find the exact prints and patterns shown above but many are currently available online at a beautiful Danish home store called Anker Living. AL ships outside of Denmark to the rest of the EU and the world, and speaks Danish, English and German so you should be in good hands should feel like placing an order. I suggest ordering the pillow covers (if they do in fact zip off, I’d assume yes) and buy the inserts locally to save on shipping. Email: ankerliving AT ankerliving.dk for more information please.

Don’t forget to visit the photographers websites below who took these photos – each of their portfolios is packed with stunning things that you won’t want to miss out on. I tried to locate a website or agent for the stylist, Bolette Kiær, who arranged the first photo without any luck. If you have her web address kindly leave it in the comments section and I’ll gladly edit this post and add it in later.

(Images: top: Mikkel Adsbøl, stylist: Bolette Kiær. all others Thomas Skyum.)

Posted by decor8 in textiles on June 29, 2009

1. Amy commented
    June 29th, 2009 at 8:28am

Wow – beautiful images for a Monday morning! I am going to check out all the links like asap!!!
    .-= Amy´s last blog ..I lied… =-.

2. Tiedupmemories commented
    June 29th, 2009 at 8:29am

Just Beautiful! I love the contrast of colors!The wall colors and base boards with the flooring and to top it off the gorgeous pillows! Love it!Thanks for sharing!!
    .-= Tiedupmemories´s last blog ..Bloom =-.

3. Jessica G. commented
    June 29th, 2009 at 8:29am

these are gorgeous!!

4. SixDifferentWays commented
    June 29th, 2009 at 9:09am

These are beautiful! I need to find a way to use floor pillows in my home asap.
    .-= SixDifferentWays´s last blog ..Marcus Tremento =-.

5. Petra- Designfragment commented
    June 29th, 2009 at 9:17am

Those danes- they know how to decorate!

Visit my Swedish interior design blog if you like, I would love it if you left a comment!

All my best- Petra/Designfragment
    .-= Petra- Designfragment´s last blog ..Jakten på de perfekta krokarna =-.

6. Erin McNulty commented
    June 29th, 2009 at 9:21am

So beautiful!! I recently found your blog and it is so inspiring! Thanks for sharing!
    .-= Erin McNulty´s last blog ..Personalized Wedding Tree =-.

7. Leslie commented
    June 29th, 2009 at 9:24am

Lovely! Those pillows are fantastic!
    .-= Leslie´s last blog ..Pregnancy Dreams =-.

8. mutuelle commented
    June 29th, 2009 at 9:44am

So nice designs,I’m really inspired here!

9. Melissa de la Fuente commented
    June 29th, 2009 at 10:07am

Such beautiful photographs and beautiful pillows…..
    xo
    Melis

10. Kate (Birdcage Cards) commented
    June 29th, 2009 at 10:24am

These pictures are delightful. I love that blue door just propped against the wall; so casual but still makes quite the statement.

Pillows are a weakness of mine and I love mixing prints and patterns. It gives that cozy bohemian look I love. So I especially love this post. Oh, and in that second pic, that round gold and blue pillow is gorgeous – I think I’m in love!

As for the floor pillows, SixDifferentWays I know exactly what you mean. I’ve aways loved the idea of floor pillows too but with a dog it makes my love a mute point, sigh…

11. decor8 commented
    June 29th, 2009 at 10:45am

You can always stack floor pillows in the corner with a pretty book on top or something and then unstack and toss them around when guests arrive. May keep the dogs off.

12. cara commented
    June 29th, 2009 at 10:52am

Gorgeous! Like a refreshing wake-up, is that possible? Thanks :)!
    .-= cara´s last blog ..All together now: omg =-.

13. SixDifferentWays commented
    June 29th, 2009 at 10:53am

Thanks Holly, that sounds like a pracitcal and effective approach :) I’m just always hesitant to do things like this because I feel like when I scatter pillows it will look like exactly that – scattered, but when i see them in images like this they look perfect. I will give it a shot though!
    .-= SixDifferentWays´s last blog ..Marcus Tremento =-.

14. Melissa Allam commented
    June 29th, 2009 at 1:50pm

The rustic wall backdrop behind these pillows is just gorgeous.
    .-= Melissa Allam´s last blog ..Happy Monday! =-.

15. sly_fox commented
    June 29th, 2009 at 6:55pm

Something I love about pillows is that they can act like a movable patchwork composition … you can have a joyful sampling of delicious fabrics without the full-throttle commitment (or price tag) of, say, a Squint sofa. There’s wonderful diversity here in terms of colors, pattern mixing, and variety of shapes and sizes. One of each, please :)
    I agree about the wall treatments – the layered, distressed shades of rose and the insinutation of a botanical stencil are lovely.
    The white room/blue door vignette has a morrocan vibe – the cool, spare walls and floor, the solidity of the bench (which appears built in) offset with an abundance of soft pillows, the weathered blue door.

16. Penny Patten commented
    June 30th, 2009 at 8:54am

What wonderful pillows, just makes you want to cuddle up with one, maybe relax, read a good book.
    .-= Penny Patten´s last blog ..Picking Strawberrys… =-.

17. Boston commented
    June 30th, 2009 at 9:08am

How do you think that wall was painted? It is very beautiful.

18. Carolina Elizabeth commented
    July 1st, 2009 at 8:01am

I love the textures and colors of the wall. I especially like the that they left the stencil pattern stay looking fresh. The contrast is beautiful!
    .-= Carolina Elizabeth´s last blog ..Absolutely Beautiful Inspiration………………. from Anna Spiro =-.

19. mutuelle santé commented
    October 1st, 2009 at 8:19am

it’s really beautiful!

20. mutuelle commented
    October 6th, 2009 at 6:49am

This pillow is so cute!

21. Samantha Lamb commented
    October 20th, 2009 at 8:04am

oohhh thank you for this post.. i needed a pillow post:) i need some in the worst way:)

22. Mutuelle commented
    October 27th, 2009 at 1:46am

These designs are very beautiful. Good job!

23. louise commented
    November 4th, 2009 at 7:51am

Gorgeous gorgeous pillows,
    eagerly chedcked out ankerliving only to be a little shocked at the price of one, €309 uber exculsive and unfortunately not the domain of average folk

Beautiful to look at and inspire me to make some of my own :)

24. assurance commented
    November 5th, 2009 at 6:45pm

I love the designs also.. thx for it.

25. Mutuelle santé commented
    November 12th, 2009 at 9:01am

Beautiful images, gorgeous.
    .-= Mutuelle santé´s last blog ..Augmentation des beneficiaires de l’aide à l’acquisition d’une mutuelle sante =-.

26. mutuelle commented
    December 17th, 2009 at 6:26am

These photos are wonderful trs at tradition

27. mutuelle commented
    April 7th, 2010 at 10:54am

Hey mutuelle’s people are everywhere ! that’s unbelievable ;) I like these pictures, gon on :)

28. complémentaire santé commented
    April 8th, 2010 at 8:28am

I love the picture!

29. mutuelle commented
    May 19th, 2010 at 4:38am

These designs are very beautiful,good continuation

30. mutuelle commented
    June 16th, 2010 at 5:43pm

very good i like this work !!!

31. gagner commented
    August 7th, 2010 at 1:28am

So nice designs,I’m really inspired here!

32. handmadeflowers commented
    August 7th, 2010 at 7:55pm

Love these pillows, these could really dress up my plain white couch.
    handmadeflowers´s last blog post ..Chiffon Flower Hair pin accessories with a crystals and beads

33. Mutuelle santé commented
    July 30th, 2012 at 2:52pm

What beautifull pillows, I like it very very much

34. la médicale commented
    October 24th, 2012 at 5:37pm

Love the pink blue one! Cool selection