Claire Coles Design

I’ve been wanting to talk about my love for the very intricate work of Claire Coles for ages, but she was on so many blogs for so long that I thought I’d wait until the excitement settled before showing her work here. I was peeking in on her website this morning and came across new photos of her work – from bespoke stitched wallpaper to ceramics, prints and brooches Claire has been keeping busy! Aren’t these things just so beautiful?

Claire Coles

Claire Coles

Claire Coles

Claire Coles

Her fresh approach to wallpaper design combines vintage wallpapers stitched together to form beautiful things like birds, flowers and furniture and because her work is custom, clients can specify pattern, dimension and color. Some of her most recent commissions include wallpaper designs for Ted Baker and Oasis and textile designs for Anthropologie. Gorgeous!

(images: claire coles)

Posted by decor8 in ceramics, walls on July 07, 2009

1. Nuit commented
    July 7th, 2009 at 12:34pm

Wow, this is really lovely. She keeps getting better and better!
    .-= Nuit´s last blog ..The wonderful world of: Meg Braff! =-.

2. simply hue commented
    July 7th, 2009 at 12:41pm

Wow…..beautiful! I have never heard of her work and I’m so glad you shared it with us. :)
    .-= simply hue´s last blog ..Colorful Finds from Linen Me =-.

3. SixDifferentWays commented
    July 7th, 2009 at 1:48pm

Beautiful! Love the tea cups
    .-= SixDifferentWays´s last blog ..The Three Little Pigs =-.

4. laura trevey commented
    July 7th, 2009 at 2:23pm

I love the sweet birds in a row…
    .-= laura trevey´s last blog ..Custom Listing for Heidi =-.

5. Jen @ GreetQ.com commented
    July 7th, 2009 at 2:34pm

Amazing! I have to admit I’m a little confused by the teacups. They’re lovely but how’d she do it?! :) And the wallpaper: it must be a painstaking process but the results are beautiful. I think it would look great as a wall accent…
    .-= Jen @ GreetQ.com´s last blog ..Freitag =-.

6. jo commented
    July 7th, 2009 at 3:06pm

Wow! Her work is absolutely stunning! ?
    .-= jo´s last blog ..Hide n Seek + Heidi Burton + Hadley Hutton =-.

7. samantha hahn commented
    July 7th, 2009 at 3:24pm

wow….so beautiful. Illustration and surface pattern and craft….what an amazing combination!
    .-= samantha hahn´s last blog ..Lizzie Allen: Hand screenprinted wallpaper =-.

8. Macy commented
    July 7th, 2009 at 3:44pm

Absolutely perfect! I love them, most especially because I am into these kinds of designs. It’s as if they jumped out of my wishful thinkings. :)
    .-= Macy´s last blog ..third year lla yo. =-.

9. Katie Stephenson commented
    July 7th, 2009 at 9:54pm

Wow, I’ve not seen anything like this before. I must have missed the first round of blog love. The faces in wallpaper are too fantastic.
    .-= Katie Stephenson´s last blog ..Gocco Fix from Annaklara =-.

10. steven commented
    July 8th, 2009 at 7:02am

hey holly, you just confirmed what i secretly knew, that i am actually extremely cool, because back in the day when i owned a little shop here in london, claire coles was one of the designers whose work we stocked, and this was over 5 years ago now, and i can say from meeting her she is really also quite lovely in person.
    xx
    .-= steven´s last blog ..from new york to london =-.

11. alison commented
    July 8th, 2009 at 1:12pm

claire has been a favorite of mine since i first saw her work. it’s so inspiring!

12. Andrea Yu commented
    July 8th, 2009 at 4:01pm

These are gorgeous! I love the layered look and the line quality of the portraits are flawless. Just lovely.
    .-= Andrea Yu´s last blog ..Precious Little Treasure =-.

13. maria commented
    July 8th, 2009 at 7:52pm

So lovely
    .-= maria´s last blog ..What I Wore Today: 07.08.09- Sloane Trenches =-.

14. veda commented
    July 9th, 2009 at 3:53am

so beautiful!
    .-= veda´s last blog ..Oil and Acrylics =-.

15. alex sunday commented
    July 9th, 2009 at 7:58pm

i saw her “forget me knot” embroidered tables (and cups maybe?) at a graduate show in london in 2003. loved them! no surprises that she’s doing amazing stuff still. :)
    .-= alex sunday´s last blog ..i heart diem chau…. =-.

16. aphrochic commented
    July 10th, 2009 at 8:13pm

This is just SO special. I LOVE it!

17. Nina commented