Inspiration

Photographer Olaf Szczepaniak

July 8, 2009

Today the photography of talented Olaf Szczepaniak in Hamburg has my attention — I found him through the pages of German interiors magazine Living At Home. He’s not known here in America which is even more reason to visit his online portfolio today – he’s fresh and from what I can tell he’s not been blogged before now. There’s always a first time… And what an enjoyable first experience it is to explore his many galleries online – from food to interiors, outdoors and more. The spaces that he photographs are simply gorgeous and I love his still life work – his food shots make me hungry which is the sign of a great food stylist and photographer, right!?

Photographer Olaf Szczepaniak

Photographer Olaf Szczepaniak

Photographer Olaf Szczepaniak

Photographer Olaf Szczepaniak

When I look at his work seeing the world through his lens, I see the cozy lovely northern Germany that I’ve grown to love so much. The coast, the open fields, the pretty brick homes… the candles in the windows, these thoughts and images make me so much more excited about my relocation there in less than a month. I can’t wait!

(images: Olaf Szczepaniak)

26 Comments

• Reply Liss (daydreamlily) July 8, 2009 at 6:48 pm

these are absolutely gorgeous, I love fresh white interiors. If this is what Germany is like I want to go visit!!
    .-= Liss (daydreamlily)´s last blog ..The Belly Series: Week 40 =-.

• Reply decor8 July 8, 2009 at 7:11 pm

Liss – You have to visit, it’s a really nice country. Of course though, not everyone lives this way just as in America not everyone has a home like Dwell magazine or Domino. But overall, it’s the style that you see in some of the more popular magazines there, especially magazines published out of the northern region like Hamburg.

• Reply Minnie July 8, 2009 at 6:59 pm

Hmmm….what lovely, peaceful images. I am feeling inspired! That closet photograph is making me want to do something similar with my hall closet door, which is often open to guests who now only look at an orderly but boring view of shoes, coats and hats.
    .-= Minnie´s last blog ..More than just pretty storefronts =-.

• Reply maria July 8, 2009 at 7:58 pm

Such serene and crisp pictures.
    .-= maria´s last blog ..What I Wore Today: 07.08.09- Sloane Trenches =-.

• Reply A bit of whimsy July 8, 2009 at 8:37 pm

These images are so serene. Love the lining of the cabinet door. Olaf is a genius. I love Living at Home magazine and his work. Being from Hamburg Germany (living in Cali) I am getting homesick right this minute!
    .-= A bit of whimsy´s last blog ..{it’s all so simple} =-.

• Reply Beach Vintage July 8, 2009 at 8:43 pm

I love those birds and the glass vases. Amazing.
    .-= Beach Vintage´s last blog ..The Old Fashioned Dinner Invite =-.

• Reply Victoria (Everman) Klein July 8, 2009 at 8:45 pm

His work is delightful! Thank you for sharing it. I’m browsing his galleries now & am feeling all warm and fuzzy. :)

• Reply Amanda~Weekend Host July 8, 2009 at 10:05 pm

White has a wonderful spell over me – I am much more clear in my thoughts when I am surrounded by this type of interior. Beautifully composed images.
    .-= Amanda~Weekend Host´s last blog ..Row, row, row your boat… =-.

• Reply leslie July 8, 2009 at 10:26 pm

Oh my goodness Holly! What a fabulous collection of images! Love that white dining room – the ceiling, the arco floor lamp -wow!
    .-= leslie´s last blog ..Festive Snapshots =-.

• Reply Sandra July 9, 2009 at 2:58 am

Wow, amazing pictures! The colours, the harmony… I really like your blog as well!

Greetings from Sweden :)
    .-= Sandra´s last blog ..loe =-.

• Reply juliette July 9, 2009 at 4:01 am

I too, am loving that Amy Butler print in the closet door! We just snagged a cheapo wardrobe who’s doors we plan on altering, and this may be our key inspiration piece!

Sehr schön! =)
    .-= juliette´s last blog ..DIY end tables, check! Now where to put the couch?? =-.

• Reply leaca July 9, 2009 at 5:18 am

that is a nice view through his lens. =]
    .-= leaca´s last blog ..simply linked–sharing some sweetness =-.

• Reply paperinstyle July 9, 2009 at 7:02 am

Beautiful photographs. I enjoyed every single photograph on his portfolio especially the outdoor ones!
    .-= paperinstyle´s last blog ..sailing wheel. blank card =-.

• Reply lindsay July 9, 2009 at 7:57 am

I love the laterns and the kitty shot. What gorgeous blue eyes.
    .-= lindsay´s last blog ..Naptime… =-.

• Reply City Chic - Jamie July 9, 2009 at 7:58 am

This is wonderful! And the kitty cat, so adorable. She fits right in!
    .-= City Chic – Jamie´s last blog ..Table & Chairs – Before & After =-.

• Reply [michele] July 9, 2009 at 9:06 am

Breathtaking!
    .-= [michele]´s last blog ..Our Afternoon =-.

• Reply Brandi Powell July 9, 2009 at 9:18 am

Wow, these are truly amazing. I could not pick a favorite.

• Reply visualingual July 9, 2009 at 9:23 am

Wow, these are lovely and provide so much [soft] color inspiration on this gloomy summer day!
    .-= visualingual´s last blog ..Street Grid Coasters =-.

• Reply Magdalena July 9, 2009 at 9:48 am

I love those interiors! so bright and fresh. The glass ‘bird cage’ with the flowers inside is lovely.
    His portfolio is great! Thank you for sharing the find :)
    .-= Magdalena´s last blog ..Granny’s cottage =-.

• Reply Kathleen at Twig & Thistle July 9, 2009 at 10:38 am

Amazing work indeed! Makes me want to crawl into each space and read a book. Sigh…. a girl can daydream. Thanks for the lovely inspiration!
    .-= Kathleen at Twig & Thistle´s last blog ..Spools of love… =-.

• Reply Coloribus July 9, 2009 at 11:02 am

I like especially the 3 first ! The white cat is so beautiful … and I like the serenity which emerges from this series. Oh yes ! this photographer can give to see the nuances of white with much of textures to translate a feeling of comfort and calm. Thank you to share with us these wonderful and poetic pictures.
    .-= Coloribus´s last blog ..Desk colors 001 – 002 =-.

• Reply Marina Capano July 9, 2009 at 1:42 pm

What a fantastic pics! I love white kitty!

You have amazing blog! I love it!

xoxo

visit me anytime…
    .-= Marina Capano´s last blog ..Outdoor Wednesday =-.

• Reply Kat July 9, 2009 at 2:55 pm

Gorgeous, gorgeous photography! Particularly love the tones in ‘relax’ and ‘calm’
    .-= Kat´s last blog ..Nice. =-.

• Reply Esra July 9, 2009 at 5:07 pm

Olaf Szczepaniak has a great eye for the details and his pictures are divine!! I love the way he combines oriental elements like lanterns or trays with the warm-but-cool nordic style.
    .-= Esra´s last blog ..Iznikium – handmade Turkish ceramics =-.

• Reply Daniella July 13, 2009 at 9:54 pm

Aw that cat is too cute! Love these pics!
    .-= Daniella´s last blog ..she sells sea shells… =-.

• Reply moline July 15, 2009 at 5:26 am

Holly – I can so relate to this! I felt immediately drawn to the pictures. Thank you for sharing!
    Yvonne
    .-= moline´s last blog ..Summer! =-.